New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

rsntr wrote:
Hades wrote:
there's certainly not a lot to be ashamed of on there.
Haha, well said!
Hades wrote: You make some really tasty grooves man.
Thank you!
well, as I was scrolling past that last liveset of yours, it did occur to me you were making rather different stuff in earlier days, :D
but even that stuff was still well produced man.
and that liveset of yours sounded really great. Funky as hell. Loved it.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Be without
Opposite

Post by Be without »

Hello people.

I'm from North Scotland. Electronic music and production obsessed. Have learned a lot from this forum and can definitely relate to many of the posts/observations about life and music on here. Like artists such as truncate, Oscar Mulero, Shed also Carl Craig, Underground Resistance e.t.c and lots of house music although it seems to have been hijacked by arseholes recently. Been producing for 11 years, visiting clubs for 22 years. Don't finish many tunes, this year though .......

Kraht
fake

Post by Kraht »

Be without wrote:Hello people.

I'm from North Scotland. Electronic music and production obsessed. Have learned a lot from this forum and can definitely relate to many of the posts/observations about life and music on here. Like artists such as truncate, Oscar Mulero, Shed also Carl Craig, Underground Resistance e.t.c and lots of house music although it seems to have been hijacked by arseholes recently. Been producing for 11 years, visiting clubs for 22 years. Don't finish many tunes, this year though .......
Welcome guy! Finish some tunes this year!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

and add a link to your music as well ! ;)

spicykaiju
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by spicykaiju »

greetings people of subsekt!

very happy to be joining your wonderful community. I'm from Switzerland, and have just started getting into production (3rd time lucky I hope). I used to DJ back in the day before family life kicked in. what artists inspire me I hear you ask? I would say Regis is what I aspire to. his music continues to take me on a wild journey and brings me lots of happiness - what else could one ask for! :)

really looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you.

Happy New Year!

spicykaiju
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by spicykaiju »

Kyslo wrote:You got it... feel free to call me gramps.
happy to hear I'm in good company... I'm 42... but have the heart and the mind of a 20-something year old :lol:

Wax
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Wax »

Hi guys!

I´ve been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and decided to join!
I really got into techno about a year ago, and lately i´ve been practicing DJ'ing. Im really loving artists with dark & atmospheric sound, like SNTS, Oscar Mulero, Sawf etc.

After i found this forum i started to dream about producing too! I have already found some great tips on here, and will hopefully learn a lot more. Really looking forward to diving into the production-side of electronic music and getting familiar with this forum!

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

Wax wrote:Hi guys!

I really got into techno about a year ago, and lately i´ve been practicing DJ'ing. Im really loving artists with dark & atmospheric sound, like SNTS, Oscar Mulero, Sawf etc.

After i found this forum i started to dream about producing too! I have already found some great tips on here, and will hopefully learn a lot more. Really looking forward to diving into the production-side of electronic music and getting familiar with this forum!
There is lots to learn by reading, but remember the best way to learn is by doing. Take the plunge & don't get too bogged down by technicalities at first!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wax wrote:Hi guys!

RED ALERT !!!!!
It's a fucking DJ cunt !!!
It's not even a producer !!!

:D

sorry, couldn't help myself.
welcome ! ;)
I bought one of those Traktor controllers about a year ago, when I wanted to restart DJ'ing,
but I haven't used it till now, (apart from Cindy making a podcast with it once it's still brand new)
still got too much music to plow through first because I made the mistake of buying too much music too soon.
Somehow I'm really afraid that when I pick up DJ'ing again, I'm never gonna find enough time to be making music.

Ow, and making techno...
really, you just take a 4/4 beat and throw some noise on top.
It's easy.
right guys ? 8-)

Wax
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Wax »

Hades wrote: RED ALERT !!!!!
It's a fucking DJ cunt !!!
It's not even a producer !!!

:D

sorry, couldn't help myself.
welcome ! ;)
I bought one of those Traktor controllers about a year ago, when I wanted to restart DJ'ing,
but I haven't used it till now, (apart from Cindy making a podcast with it once it's still brand new)
still got too much music to plow through first because I made the mistake of buying too much music too soon.
Somehow I'm really afraid that when I pick up DJ'ing again, I'm never gonna find enough time to be making music.

Ow, and making techno...
really, you just take a 4/4 beat and throw some noise on top.
It's easy.
right guys ? 8-)
You caught me haha! Maybe you could try to combine both producing and DJ'ing for some kind of hybrid sets? (For example: https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2867)
terly wrote: There is lots to learn by reading, but remember the best way to learn is by doing. Take the plunge & don't get too bogged down by technicalities at first!
Great tip, thanks!

Kyslo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Kyslo »

spicykaiju wrote:
happy to hear I'm in good company... I'm 42... but have the heart and the mind of a 20-something year old :lol:

Welcome aboard, gramps! :D

NØRTH
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by NØRTH »

Hi everyone,

Really happy to be part of this forum, I've been reading some discussions for years without subscribing.. my english isn't perfect but I'll do my best to improve.

I Produce music for about 4 years with ableton and recently a rytm from Elektron, I'm mostly interested about sharing production tips on this forum.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

NØRTH wrote:Hi everyone,

Really happy to be part of this forum, I've been reading some discussions for years without subscribing.. my english isn't perfect but I'll do my best to improve.

I Produce music for about 4 years with ableton and recently a rytm from Elektron, I'm mostly interested about sharing production tips on this forum.
Hey mate :), welcome to the forum!
How are you finding the RYTM? That's currently next on my "gear I'm lusting after" list, haha. It sounds amazing from what I've heard.

latesitter
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by latesitter »

Hi everyone,
My name is Paul and I've just signed up to the forum. I like the mindset of sweary support that Subsekt encourages.
I have been a musician and synth doodler for years but a trip to Berghain a couple of years back to see a friend play the Panorama Bar inspired me to get a bit more serious about my productions.
I make both house and techno but will save anything featuring Nile Rodgers style guitar from this forum's ears.
Two things inspire me in particular in early 2017:
1. RRose's concept, sound design and arrangements
2. Todd Terje's advice to aspiring producers "Don't release bad music"

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Hello there fellow techno heads! I've been following the forum for a few months now, and decided it was time to join your awesome community. I am from Serbia where the techno scene is not very strong (atleast in my town, 1 club that mixes tech house, dnb, dubstep..) so I went through from really commercial house all the way to subsekt :) here parties have a really commercial mindset so it's hard for us moles living underground. Anyhow, I've been dj-ing a few gigs, dj-ing home for 3 years and messing with ableton for about 2 years now.what I like to listen to really goes in phases, but right now I'm digging deeper darker stuff, Dubiosity comes to mind.. And the DRONE podcast and Tresor set of Mattias have blown me away! That's it for now, just wanted to say hi :)
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

latesitter wrote: 2. Todd Terje's advice to aspiring producers "Don't release bad music"
welcome man,

I would go even further in that Todd Terje advice : don't release mediocre music.
Or at least try not to do so. :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Dilinger wrote:Hello there fellow techno heads! I've been following the forum for a few months now, and decided it was time to join your awesome community. I am from Serbia where the techno scene is not very strong (atleast in my town, 1 club that mixes tech house, dnb, dubstep..) so I went through from really commercial house all the way to subsekt :) here parties have a really commercial mindset so it's hard for us moles living underground. Anyhow, I've been dj-ing a few gigs, dj-ing home for 3 years and messing with ableton for about 2 years now.what I like to listen to really goes in phases, but right now I'm digging deeper darker stuff, Dubiosity comes to mind.. And the DRONE podcast and Tresor set of Mattias have blown me away! That's it for now, just wanted to say hi :)
welcome to subsekt, you prospect cunt ! :D

man, maybe at times it's even better to not live in a place where everybody knows good underground techno.
Leave them folks into their tech-house taste.
I have relatives I have to explain what "edm" is,
and why I hate it so much.

There will always be more bad taste than good taste on this planet.
People elected Trump ffs.
Juts for his hair (or lack there of) he should have been annihilated ages ago if taste had anything to do with it. :lol:

Jester
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Jester »

Hi there, dear fellows!

My name is Simon, I am a 25 years old young buck from Germany and I am glad to have stumbled over this lovely forum.

I am bedroom producing since a few years now and electronic music is my latest and most extensive hobby. None of my friends are into producing techno music, hence I am looking forward to talk shop with you :)

It is difficult for me to specify styles or subgenres that I pursue, but artists like Dominik Eulberg, Stephan Bodzin and Extrawelt have coloured me and my personal music taste continuously with their tuneful but punchy sounds, although I love almost every variety of techno music.
I'm afraid I don't really know as many international artists in detail, by that time I feel a bit too focussed on kinda 'german sound'.

As I said, I am really looking forward to exchange thoughts and passion with you and to have the chance to get educated by people I believe to be proficient!

Best regards,
Jester

PS: My latest favourite record: Barker & Baumecker - Love Hertz / Cipher ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Jester wrote:Hi there, dear fellows!

My name is Simon, I am a 25 years old young buck from Germany and I am glad to have stumbled over this lovely forum.

I am bedroom producing since a few years now and electronic music is my latest and most extensive hobby. None of my friends are into producing techno music, hence I am looking forward to talk shop with you :)

It is difficult for me to specify styles or subgenres that I pursue, but artists like Dominik Eulberg, Stephan Bodzin and Extrawelt have coloured me and my personal music taste continuously with their tuneful but punchy sounds, although I love almost every variety of techno music.
I'm afraid I don't really know as many international artists in detail, by that time I feel a bit too focussed on kinda 'german sound'.

As I said, I am really looking forward to exchange thoughts and passion with you and to have the chance to get educated by people I believe to be proficient!

Best regards,
Jester

PS: My latest favourite record: Barker & Baumecker - Love Hertz / Cipher ;)
if you're 25, finally some wisdom might start to sink in,
be sure to kill it with enough booze and other fun stuff ! :D

I used to really love Extrawelt. Strange to think their first album is already 9 years old by now. And Soopertrack is already 11 years old.
Guess I'm just getting too old.
Haven't been following their work for the last 5 years or so.
Same for Bodzin but I saw a liveset of him on youtube a while ago (stumbled on it by accident),
and I guess I just outgrew his sound or something.

That whole minimal wave really drew a lot of people into more serious techno back then (myself included).
I mean, I'd been listening to some techno for 20 years, but I never got so addicted to it before I got drawn in through minimal.
Seems like ages ago now.

welcome to subsekt btw

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Thanks for the hello Hades! Yeah, maybe you're right, that way underground is truly underground. And for Trump... Hello WW3! Hey, I know I'm new, but I'd like to ask you if you could send me one of your tracks to DL so I can use it as a reference track, I want to try something more ambiental. I could upload it if I manage something :D
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley