New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
My!Own!Fear
washable
Re: New members say hello...

Post by My!Own!Fear »

Hello

Im from Denmark

always been interested in the darker sides of music,started out producing breakcore in the mid-90s.then got into the darker sides of DnB.,lately i have been introduced slowly to the dark side of techno.i have been thinking along time about starting another musical project,already got something in the works

so just wanted to say hi :D

Kyslo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Kyslo »

Hi all, new Canadian member here!

I've been into Techno since the early 90's. Started producing back then too - at various times I've had a 101, 303, 808, 909, Juno 106, MS-20, Prophet plus a sampler all running off Cubase in my Atari ST. I remember buying the 303 used for $75, a rare benefit of no Internet... it was hard for people to know the value of analog gear.

Eventually I had some Techno releases put out on Harthouse & Influence records. Later I started my own, small, label but by that time I moved into more into house & speed garage.

I quit producing for a long time and recently got back into it - WOW it's so much more powerful now with everything 'in the box'. What I'm making now is more in the deep tech-house realm. I still listen to a ton of techno and try to make a banger every once-in-a-while.

A link to my current work: https://soundcloud.com/kyslo/tracks

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Kyslo wrote:Hi all, new Canadian member here!

I've been into Techno since the early 90's. Started producing back then too - at various times I've had a 101, 303, 808, 909, Juno 106, MS-20, Prophet plus a sampler all running off Cubase in my Atari ST. I remember buying the 303 used for $75, a rare benefit of no Internet... it was hard for people to know the value of analog gear.

Eventually I had some Techno releases put out on Harthouse & Influence records. Later I started my own, small, label but by that time I moved into more into house & speed garage.

I quit producing for a long time and recently got back into it - WOW it's so much more powerful now with everything 'in the box'. What I'm making now is more in the deep tech-house realm. I still listen to a ton of techno and try to make a banger every once-in-a-while.

welcome.

any links to your old releases by any chance ?
You made me curious.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Kyslo wrote:Hi all, new Canadian member here!

Welcome, mate! Gonna load up your soundcloud in another tab an check out your work, keen to check it out!

Kyslo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Kyslo »

Hades wrote: welcome.

any links to your old releases by any chance ?
You made me curious.
Thanks.

No mp3's but these were them:
Harthouse: https://www.discogs.com/Goldfish-Rotor/master/35552
Influence: https://www.discogs.com/artist/95702-Unknown-Control-2

This was the label I started with a friend: https://www.discogs.com/label/39193-Pump-Hill-Records

Here's a track I made with my 303: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrFKY3oT1Wc

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

how old were you back then ?
I mean, I'm one of the older people here and I bought my first synth in 94 when I was 15.
If you were releasing back then you must be somewhere in your 40's by now, no ?

Sasemoi
clown

Post by Sasemoi »

Mono-xID wrote:
Sasemoi wrote:Current Value def up there ! Check the label Neosignal, pretty sure you'll dig their stuff as well. can get quite techy but the drive and grit are there

Hades, thanks ! Tweetalig :-)
I know Tim (Current Value) in Person since 2008. Lovely guy and an insane Producer. His "Back to The Machines" LP on Subsistenz Rec. was made with the Nord Modular G2 synth only. He's genius.
Fuuu that's quite insane. mad respects

Kyslo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Kyslo »

Hades wrote:you must be somewhere in your 40's by now, no ?

You got it... feel free to call me gramps.

BTW - nice tracks!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Kyslo wrote:
Hades wrote:you must be somewhere in your 40's by now, no ?

You got it... feel free to call me gramps.

BTW - nice tracks!
if you mean my tracks, then thx,
but it's about time I finish something new that I'm happy with.

age... it's just a number really.
But you might be the oldest guy here, who knows ?
Steve is in his 40's, msl must be,
I met msl in Berlin a few months ago and he was complaining I looked so much younger than he thought I'd look. :D
(a thing that runs in my family)

In a way I'm happy I got into synths that long ago, but on the other hand, back then I had no access to any decent gear,
not even decent used gear (pre-internet days, growing up in a shit hole of a town),
so the first 4 years or so were total crap, and I only made shit music.
There's not a lot I regret in my life, but I do regret stopping with electronic music during my time at univ.
Ow well, at least I never stopped playing piano and I picked up the synth-love afterwards.

rsntr
Jan : )

Post by rsntr »

Hello from Berlin!

I found my way to Techno through Jungle via House and more generally Electronica in the early 2000s. At the moment I mostly enjoy stuff in the vein of Headless Horseman, Dense & Pika, Surgeon or Randomer, for example. DJ, produce, play live. I've been producing for quite a lot of years now but was never too serious about it until 3 years ago or so. Now I'm cultivating the discipline of making music every day, even if its just for 30 mins besides my non-music related day job.

My!Own!Fear
washable

Post by My!Own!Fear »

Mono-xID

Didnt you play at the BTM parties at Subland(Now Void) in Berlin,i attended 2 of those parties,and got Alot of my DnB friends through those Parties

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rsntr wrote:Hello from Berlin!

I found my way to Techno through Jungle via House and more generally Electronica in the early 2000s. At the moment I mostly enjoy stuff in the vein of Headless Horseman, Dense & Pika, Surgeon or Randomer, for example. DJ, produce, play live. I've been producing for quite a lot of years now but was never too serious about it until 3 years ago or so. Now I'm cultivating the discipline of making music every day, even if its just for 30 mins besides my non-music related day job.
any links to your music ?

rsntr

Post by rsntr »

Hades wrote:
I don't have any recent music online apart from one remix I made. The last few tracks (8 months old) are just recordings of messing around live with some hardware. The other stuff which is at least 1 year old is mostly not representative of my latest productions but thanks for checking out :)

https://soundcloud.com/cutoffcutoff

Vox Veteran
Onions

Post by Vox Veteran »

Hi To All

Big fan of Subsekt for time :)

Only techno forum I can take seriously.

Always loved techno, always will.

Much Respect!

The Vox Veteran

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rsntr wrote:
Hades wrote:
I don't have any recent music online apart from one remix I made. The last few tracks (8 months old) are just recordings of messing around live with some hardware. The other stuff which is at least 1 year old is mostly not representative of my latest productions but thanks for checking out :)

https://soundcloud.com/cutoffcutoff
there's certainly not a lot to be ashamed of on there.
You make some really tasty grooves man.
Only at work now, so putting it on at the background through shitty speakers,
but your liveset makes a boring job a lot easier,
that's for sure.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Vox Veteran wrote:
Only techno forum I can take seriously.
other techno fora are for douchebags,
but subsekt is for real cunts.

CraigSwain
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by CraigSwain »

Hi from Scotland!

Been lurking on here for a little while and I thought it was about time I signed up.

I'm 33 and first got into production as a teen. I gave up in my early 20's (without any releases) and that's me just slowly getting back to it as I have more time these days.

I guess back in the day it was Mauro Picotto who was my main inspiration. Rarely missed his visits to Glasgow (the good old Arches). These days I'm into darker and harder techno.

I'll have some tracks on my Soundcloud soon for you to check out.

Fran
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Fran »

Hi everybody,
I'm a young french guy and I started having fun with Ableton some months ago. I am starting to make some techno tracks and I would like to share or get some advices with people I don't know instead of just producing in my bedroom and make it listen to my friends :D
I love trance music, fat techno and weird complex stuff (Aphex twin, Autechre, Squarepusher, Objekt, etc...)
Peace and good luck on the way to making the music you love !

François

Trom
Wastedddd

Post by Trom »

Hey people of Subsekt,

I call myself Trøm, and Im a 29yrs old Norwegian guy currently enjoying life in the beautiful town of Amsterdam. Growing up and living on the norwegian country side meant my electronic music input and preferences was limited to mainstream radio bs, but a visit to Oslo club The Villa 4-5 years ago made a huge impression on me, and my playlists hasn't looked the same since! Although my interest in all sorts of electronic music kept increasing it wasn't until a move to Amsterdam 18 months ago really opened my eyes to the huge community and number of great producers and Djs around. Soon after my move I bought Logic Pro and a Midi keyboard, getting into music production for the very first time.

I'm mostly a deep/tech house guy, but can listen and enjoy most genres in the right setting. Some fav producers include Third Son, Dominik Eulberg, Recondite, Kiani, Peter Dundov + +, and I try to make music in similar mold.

I'm still very much a rookie when it comes to producing and this place looks like a great place to pick up some tips and improve that knowledge bank, so look forward to dig in here and hopefully also contribute in due time. Warning for stupid questions though, hope thats accepted :)

See ya around, cheers
Tom

rsntr

Post by rsntr »

Hades wrote:
there's certainly not a lot to be ashamed of on there.
Haha, well said!
Hades wrote: You make some really tasty grooves man.
Thank you!