Stockholm

General Chat // Music Discussion
avmilli
Pig
Stockholm

Post by avmilli »

I'm going for a short break in Stockholm soon. i wondered if anyone knows anything about it's music shops?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Stockholm

Post by Críoch »

Yes. There are many fine music shops in what some of us more frequent visitors like to call sthlm.

NEVER EVER pronounce sthlm fully, like stɔkˌɦɔlm. Music shop staff will think that you're an idiot & sell you all the fucking shit that the binmen won't even take away (Bumload).

Though this has been a excellent thread up to now, i must make an apology in advance for changing the subject; what is everyone's opinion on eating a boiled egg? Where should one crack teh shell? Large end or small end?

I seem to recall reading about a dreadful war that was once fought over this very issue.

It worries me so as I do enjoy a boiled egg & would hate to inadvertently offend someone or cause hostilities to resume.

Breakfast, or brfst as they call it in sthlm (NEVER EVER pronounce it bɹɛkfəst when you are there or they will think you are a fucking dumb tourist & will definitely put WAY more clotted-jip than normal in your filmjölk), is the most important meal of the day.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Neti neti is a Sanskrit expression which means “not this, not this”, or “neither this, nor that” (neti is sandhi from na iti “not so”). It is the method of Vedic analysis of negation. It is a keynote of Vedic inquiry. With its aid the Jnani negates identification with all things of this world which is not the Atman, in this way he negates the Anatman. Through this gradual process he negates the mind and transcends all worldly experiences that are negated till nothing remains but the Self. He attains union with the Absolute by denying the body, name, form, intellect, senses and all limiting adjuncts and discovers what remains, the true “I” alone.

So anyway, what did the Zen Master give to his student for his birthday?
Nothing wrapped in Emptiness.
"You are thoughtless for giving me this meaningless gift", said the student to his master.
"Thank you." replied the master.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

"Marx had set out to make a thoroughgoing critique of bourgeois society by showing how the fundamental values and production relations which underlie all social life are founded on a chimera of equality and freedom of choice. The centre-piece of this critique was his critique of Adam Smith’s Labour Theory of Value. But this was not just a piece of cultural exposé. It allowed Marx to prove to workers that there was no inherent obstacle to continuous improvements in workers’ living standards by means of collective struggle — something denied by all brands of bourgeois economic theory; it gave confidence to the workers that capitalism was not the only alternative and that their interests were not subordinate to those of their employers, but on the contrary diametrically opposed. It also showed how day-to-day life as a wage-slave fostered a certain kind of bourgeois ideology in the workers’ movement itself."
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

avmilli
Pig

Post by avmilli »

Danke schon for your kind replies. Adm Byr can be old news. It has been a little over 20 years since Bumload made it's first releases. He has made some fantastic solo appearances. I will manage my pronunciation of Stockholm with care.

On the topic of eggs, it is still wiser to purchase from an organic bauernhaus than a supermarket as more than one yolk in an egg may cause visual complications.

Old Chinese proverb. The nail that sticks out must get beat down'

However the non stick frying pan also required an inventor.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

You should probably visit DLX Deluxe Music, perhaps also JAM. There are a lot of them as far as I recall. If you wish to buy records check out Fade Records.

If you want my personal advice you should skip the music stores (unless you're staying for a couple of days) and instead check out archipelago areas. It's a unique experience.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

avmilli wrote:I'm going for a short break in Stockholm soon. i wondered if anyone knows anything about it's music shops?
did you ever try beating your dick against a wet chicken breast ?
because if you haven't, there's no place like Stockholm to do so,
especially in public places.

Be sure to buy premium chicken breasts only to maximize your pleasure !
And by all means, keep them wet at all times !!
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

avmilli
Pig

Post by avmilli »

Cut! That's too far. I'll just stick to chicken from a takeaway, always taste as good as looks in pictures.

Some good tracks on Fade - Liking 'On Time'. I'll be sure to have a peep down Skangaten if the coffee's good.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

If it's one thing we know here it's coffee. So try it! We're often at spot #1 for being the most coffee drinking country in the world. Occasionally Norway and Finland takes the top spot but we're sharing in Scandinavia.

Contention / 005

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

I'm liking this thread.

The constant switch between on-topicness and lack of coherence is a beautiful thing.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

The idea of having a penis is the same as having a vagina, but in a way they're different from each other... who knew!
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Swedish and Norwegian share a common linguistic antecedent, and Swedes and Norwegians easily understand each other’s languages. The accents are quite different, however, and there are words that are exclusive to each dialect. The tongues are dissimilar enough for Swedes to be able to hear Norwegian in the Swedish Chef’s ramblings instead of Swedish.

“I think it sounds much more Norwegian,” Cecilia Browning, the general manager of Washington D.C.’s House of Sweden (the home of the Swedish Embassy), told me when I asked her about the accent.

It turns out that these impressions are supported by academic research. According to Stockholm University linguistics professor Tomas Riad, the Swedish Chef’s accent could as easily be from Oslo as from Stockholm.

Riad, one of 18 members of the prestigious Swedish Academy, which determines who wins the Nobel Prize in literature, wrote an article in the Swedish language magazine Spraktidningen titled "Börk Börk Börk. Ehula Hule de Chokolad Muus.” (The title comes from the Chef’s trademark untranslatable gibberish and means nothing in Swedish.)

While Swedes obviously don’t understand a single word spoken by the Swedish Chef, Riad writes, the Chef makes them think of Norwegian because of the way his tone rises and falls.

youtu.be/yAbWQFM4G24
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

mainst09 wrote:The idea of having a penis is the same as having a vagina, but in a way they're different from each other... who knew!
If men would have vagina's,
they'd even be bragging to each other about the size of their tampons.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Lost to the Void wrote:Swedish and Norwegian share a common linguistic antecedent, and Swedes and Norwegians easily understand each other’s languages. The accents are quite different, however, and there are words that are exclusive to each dialect. The tongues are dissimilar enough for Swedes to be able to hear Norwegian in the Swedish Chef’s ramblings instead of Swedish.

“I think it sounds much more Norwegian,” Cecilia Browning, the general manager of Washington D.C.’s House of Sweden (the home of the Swedish Embassy), told me when I asked her about the accent.

It turns out that these impressions are supported by academic research. According to Stockholm University linguistics professor Tomas Riad, the Swedish Chef’s accent could as easily be from Oslo as from Stockholm.

Riad, one of 18 members of the prestigious Swedish Academy, which determines who wins the Nobel Prize in literature, wrote an article in the Swedish language magazine Spraktidningen titled "Börk Börk Börk. Ehula Hule de Chokolad Muus.” (The title comes from the Chef’s trademark untranslatable gibberish and means nothing in Swedish.)

While Swedes obviously don’t understand a single word spoken by the Swedish Chef, Riad writes, the Chef makes them think of Norwegian because of the way his tone rises and falls.

youtu.be/yAbWQFM4G24

True. did you know swedes have no humour? don't ask me why tho
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

mainst09 wrote:

True. did you know swedes have no humour? don't ask me why tho
Bollocks! And we especially laugh at the Swedish chef.

But to be completely serious it may initial seem like Swedes have no sense of humor since many of us are initial reserved and analytical of any situation. Haha
I've dealt with all stereotypes during my world travels and I love it.

Contention / 005

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

mainst09 wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:True. did you know swedes have no humour? don't ask me why tho
Hey, did you know all black people sell drugs, all muslims are terrorists, all germans are nazis? Don't ask me why tho.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:
mainst09 wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:True. did you know swedes have no humour? don't ask me why tho
Hey, did you know all black people sell drugs, all muslims are terrorists, all germans are nazis? Don't ask me why tho.
fuck me, I know half a black guy, and he didn't sell me drugs,
I feel totally ripped off now.

btw : you need to get in touch for some hotel info for me please :)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

All Germans are Nazis they just hide it well under a cloak of being basically quite reasonable about stuff in general.
But go look hard in any house and you will find a trapdoor leading to a hidden basement/sex dungeon full of Nazi regalia where they all goose step around at night masturbating over pictures of Josef Mengele.

Some us us are aware of the truth.
New Shit

avmilli
Pig

Post by avmilli »

Very interesting. I like my chocolate moose with added chopped banana and other fruit, satsumas and apples are an interesting combination too! but that's my secret! Didn't quite make it to Stockholm this month, how ever most satisfied with a visit to Brussels. Doctor Vinyl most interesting and Metro platform food a variant of what we have in Paris, 'Doritos Atomic' to couple the usual waffels.