Trøm Borg - Berg

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Trom
Wastedddd
Trøm Borg - Berg

Post by Trom »

Soo, I've finally "finished" my first track and felt it's time to expose my music for more people than my closest friends. I've been tweaking this for a while due to new things I've learned and input I've got, but I seem to be going a bit in circles lately so maybe a more experience ear can help me give it a last push in the right direction :)

The idea was to create quite melodic and evolving track with plenty changes and variation, where the same elements are brought back in while the track as a whole wont sound exactly the same. I'm happy with how the arrangement is, but sure there's plenty to put the finger on regarding technical stuff...

Anyway, any listen and feedback is much appreciated!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Trøm Borg - Berg

Post by dubdub »

Not bad. The lowend is a bit flappy, the sub is a bit uncontrolled dynamically and could be more punchy and the kick probably could have a bit more going on down low. The mix is very "soft" overall, which is not necessarily a bad thing but nothing really has punchy transients, which causes the mix to loose depth since nothing really sits in the front. The only thing that jumps out are the flanged hats around 2:50, which are mixed a bit too loud, I think.

In terms of the synth, they are all farily dark and midrange-y and a tad bit muddy, especially the pads could use some brightening and probably also some stereo widening.

acesd619
Gnasher

Post by acesd619 »

Nice groovy bass fill you have running through the track. Agree on the pads. I like how you opened the filter on the repetitive synth later in the arrangement to contrast the soft feel that dub mentioned.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

The sub seems a bit too much, too heavy, and the kick is too light.

The arrangement is good, but it really doesn't get going till 5 mins. Could a minute get shaved off before hand? So we get into it at 4 mins? This could just be my preference though.

I like the track quite a lot though.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

Yes, I agree the kick is far too light.

I think the ideas are there, just needs some more attention in the mixing as some things get lost in the mix.

Trom
Wastedddd

Post by Trom »

Thanks everyone for the constructive feedback! So this is what I ended on. I'm still a bit unsure about the low end as I generally just find it very hard to mix and things just translates very differently to the various reference monitors I use.. Anyway, I think it's better now than on the first version and its time to move on

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

it reminds me to guy J, microtrauma ? that kind of wave ?

I gotta tell u bro, those guys uses at least 150 audio channels with groups and returns it's crazy, watch Darin Epsilon on facebook he always uploads videos of his ableton.

Progressive house it's not hard to process since they always look the most digital sound possible as long as its fat.

But at the production time ? wow, u need to eliminate every crisp of static in any beat otherwise it will sound incomplete :(

maybe I have not explained my self clear ? every 16 beats u need movement, almost every parameter has to be automatizated, the groove it's a must, use envelopes. u are getting in a really muddy scene, that's why almost every big artists uses ghost producers, it's reaally really hard to make that music, mostly because of what I just said, try putting a drum rack with like 50 samples and start from there.
we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction