Cloaked - Dark Chub

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Cloaked
hunger marcher
Cloaked - Dark Chub

Post by Cloaked »

Finally got back to making some 4/4 stuff that isn't completely shit.

starrk
beast
Re: Cloaked - Dark Chub

Post by starrk »

I like this overall, enough variation to keep me engaged through the whole song. I think the build that culminates at 2:11 could have done with a bit more automation on some of the elements but that may be personal preference.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Bad ass bassline.
It`s all pretty gravy, the low end feels a little constricted and lacking real sub grunt, and the dynamics could maybe do with a little more freedom, but other than that, this is great.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Lovely groove, nice traces of late 90s tech/tribal house and Twilo era chunky prog here and there. Just my opinion but I think the pad could use a touch more air, it would make the mix feel a bit more open.

Cloaked
hunger marcher

Post by Cloaked »

thanks a lot guys. i was worried it was going to be torn to shreds, as it's effectively tech house!

i'll look into the sub and dynamics.

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Cloaked wrote:thanks a lot guys. i was worried it was going to be torn to shreds, as it's effectively tech house!

i'll look into the sub and dynamics.
I was also surprised :lol: nice groove man
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

Yeah, gotta to agree that's an awesome groove. Would love to be a in club/field when this is played. Love what you are doing with the beats to keep interesting, and the subtle vocal sample.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Filthy stomper. With a few tweaks (which Void mentioned already), this could make ppl jack tha fuck out.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Trip-Roddd
Exampleless

Post by Trip-Roddd »

Hi!
I am not the best person to speak regarding mix down, so I will try to speak about the feeling of the song:
- I am agree with everybody, really great groove many little changes to keep the attention, very danceable! I love also the voices
- Difficult to see the big idea of the track because it is a snippet, but it looks like very good.
- Perhaps a bit of movement in the pad with a filter, LFO or tweaking a bit the synth and automate it in DAW (or wherever) and I think the bubbles could be at some point boring, with a bit of change or movement they would also be interesting. Regarding the bubbles I meant after hearing the track a few times.
Good track, good music anyway! :)

Cloaked
hunger marcher

Post by Cloaked »

Thanks a lot guys, some great constructive comments here. I really appreciate your time.

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

really nice groove going on here man! would like to see it evolve a bit more after the break, and plz make it last longer :D

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Love that bassline. Everything else sounds a little loud in the mix to me, though (or perhaps mastered a bit too hot)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

MAN!!!

This is some wavy circo-loco afternoon shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

This is BOSS.

I do think it would be nice to drop out the bass though and just have that great kick and percs to enjoy. It would give the dancers some time to react differently.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Not really sure where the idea comes from that everything with a bit more swing than the usual techno should be lumped in with tech house, most noticeably b/c of the lack of 'latin' rhythm/samples. Haven't really dove into it to investigate the more obscure stuff they do over there in tech house land tbh, just my own association. And hybrids are never bad imo, unless you take the bad parts to stitch together :P

As a whole it does indeed sound like everything is boosted right to the edge, sloightly overcooked mix. It is pretty funky though.The sub seems heavy enough over here as far as I can tell (on my headphones right now, DT 880s, also checked briefly on Portapros which seem to be pretty accurate with bass levels when I cross check, so make of that what you will). And you can always take LTTVs advice to heart anyway.. Nice one, should be enough material in there to double the length easily.
how far do you want to go