Strain gauge

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
tsaro
Lifer
Strain gauge

Post by tsaro »

Lately I've been recording these long-ish tracks, and then abandoning them after 1 or 2 sessions. Even though there's something missing I just can't get myself to analyse them properly to get an idea of what to do next, figured posting it here might turn up some good ideas.
how far do you want to go

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Strain gauge

Post by over9000 »

really nice vibe!
starting to feel it after 3-4 mins.
the intro part is arbitrary imo, just start where it gets interesting.
you jam that out with hardware? cause i think it can be really nice to play and record it that way, but for listening there would need to be more to keep me interested in the first part.
and what i would add definitely is a break!
all the elements are so nice and interacting in a cool way, it would bang even more, if you would drop the kick and bass out for a few bars.
with the material thats in here you could even make 2 tracks.
id say just cut out the start part, add some breakdown, maybe also some smaller breaks and your done!
really digging your stuff man

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Strain gauge

Post by tsaro »

Thanks for the feedback (and the compliments:)
Good idea to work in some breaks, that could indeed be a nice addition here :v I guess it slipped my mind because it's got a bit of drive to it, often with these kind of tracks I completely forget to work them in somewhere.

Not really sure about the wobbly bass that comes in later though, maybe I'll try to ease up on the volume modulation a bit and work in some variations, see how that turns out.

Made with plain old software and a midi controller (Tactile), though I did use some bits and bobs from jams with an A4 and MD here, they're barely recognisable anymore. Most sounds are based on some single cycles actually. Lately I find myself going that route (as it's mostly simple sounds) probably just because it keeps it flexible and easily controllable.
how far do you want to go