HELP with the Low End

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
TomasHD
slipper
HELP with the Low End

Post by TomasHD »

Hey, I am working here on this track.

There is this brief loop i made, but i am not sure about the low end, it sounds good to me sound wise, but I don't know, there is something that doesn't feel quite well.
I am looking for a well mixed and solid low end. (Its basically some reverb on the kick, layered with a low pitched tom)

Thanks for your advice

https://soundcloud.com/the-madsoul/00-0x/s-9gusc

tsaro
Lifer
Re: HELP with the Low End

Post by tsaro »

It's definitely too much, see if yo can identify the offending frequency with something like span and tone it down a bit. The reverb also seems to add some not so pleasant artifacts, so you might want to look into that too.

Right now the kick feels really weak, especially compared to the sub. Might be a bit better when you rein in the bass, you could layer something with a bit more body underneath it if it doesn't.
how far do you want to go

Mimui
beast

Post by Mimui »

bruv, just remove 250 - 600 Hz 'ish from your kick by quite a bit and u have it.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

This shouldn't be in this section, TomasHD, can you please use the WIP thread for this type of question.

TomasHD
slipper

Post by TomasHD »

Sorry, didnt knew, my bad

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Planar wrote:This shouldn't be in this section, TomasHD, can you please use the WIP thread for this type of question.
The last time I posted there they told me I'm not allowed to do so cos I haven't had contributed enough lol. I had 1500 posts at the time, just took a a 2-3 month break from Subsekt due to health issues. Tough crowd over there...
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

TomasHD wrote:Sorry, didnt knew, my bad
No worries. You know for next time now.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Barfunkel wrote:
Planar wrote:This shouldn't be in this section, TomasHD, can you please use the WIP thread for this type of question.
The last time I posted there they told me I'm not allowed to do so cos I haven't had contributed enough lol. I had 1500 posts at the time, just took a a 2-3 month break from Subsekt due to health issues. Tough crowd over there...

I'm sure if I went and searched for this post I'd be pretty certain you were told to feedback on a couple of recent tracks before expecting feedback on your own. That thread has nothing to do with post count, you go in, comment on a couple of recent tracks and you get feedback yourself. This applies to everyone who posts in there, read a few pages of it... I wouldn't dare post in there (for fear of Hades) without spending a few minutes listening to what others have put up and giving my own opinion on them.

I don't see how this is a bad thing? This means nearly everyone gets feedback. If you can't spend at least 10 minutes listening to others works in progress, why should they listen to yours?

This section is different, it's for music you feel is finished. You post it up and you take your chances that anyone will listen to it. Theres no honour system in here, it just works out nicely that more active users tend to get more feedback.