last week's work : Panelipsis

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
kostas
Opposite
last week's work : Panelipsis

Post by kostas »

this is the first track I m posting here and I m considering it done.
I was about to spend more time but I ve decided not to go down the rabbit hole this time.
at least not without asking for your feedback.
I would appreciate it a lot.
https://soundcloud.com/kosh-mason/panelipsis/s-sDSF3
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

psicomagia
Alf Garnett
Re: last week's work : Panelipsis

Post by psicomagia »

fuck, i loved it man! i'd definitely play this track at my set.

beautifuly executed psychedelic/hypnotic vibe. lots of frequency layers gave an awesome space/dynamic to the track. you should release it imho.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

thanks I really appreciate the feedback
releasing tracks is something I would definitely be interested in , but only if my sound is decent enough.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Man, it sounds pretty sweet to me.

I can't hear anything that I can offer advice on. I'd maybe shorten it a bit.

Good stuff

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

jordanneke wrote:Man, it sounds pretty sweet to me.

I can't hear anything that I can offer advice on. I'd maybe shorten it a bit.

Good stuff
thanks Jordan
well yes isn't weird that some tracks just ... have it right from the start. you know what to do with it right from the beginning.
and other times you just chasing your tail and it is never done. weird is the world of inspiration.
one thing though I m always considering is the boominess of the lows. in loud systems and volumes it can distort things and resonate funny
I guess this is where a mastering work makes everything solid.
again thanks for taking a listen

Markus Wolf
reverse genius

Post by Markus Wolf »

kostas wrote:this is the first track I m posting here and I m considering it done.
I was about to spend more time but I ve decided not to go down the rabbit hole this time.
at least not without asking for your feedback.
I would appreciate it a lot.
https://soundcloud.com/kosh-mason/panelipsis/s-sDSF3
Nice Track!!!! I like the vibe. What synth/processing did you use on the main synth line? I dont think you should change much in the track,

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

hi Markus
thanks for the thumbs up!
the main synth is a NI Massive patch that I created. if you re familiar with Massive (I m personally a big fun of Massive)
the sound has two ''bodies'' that they re created by the two filter section of massive running in parallel mode. while the sound is first heard only one filter is active. so while the sound is being build the other filter section blends in making the sound evolving. what you hear is midi map recorded live. with minor automation adjustments of course.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Mix sounds solid, that atmospheric, high pitched string thing-y is probably a bit too highpassed I'd say. The bass feels like it's a bit too much but that might just be me, feels like it could be a bit more controlled in the mix. That midrange-y riff doesn't really come through the mix enough I'd say, feels a bit filtered, could use more definition in the highs and more wheight in the lows - maybe gently shave off a bit in the lower mids to compensate.

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

Nice track
I would agree with dubdub that the bass isn't quite right there is quite a loose wobble to it that kind of muddies the low end, need the sustain shorting or something or the frequency altering.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

dubdub wrote:Mix sounds solid, that atmospheric, high pitched string thing-y is probably a bit too highpassed I'd say. The bass feels like it's a bit too much but that might just be me, feels like it could be a bit more controlled in the mix. That midrange-y riff doesn't really come through the mix enough I'd say, feels a bit filtered, could use more definition in the highs and more weight in the lows - maybe gently shave off a bit in the lower mids to compensate.
jim_kezzle wrote:Nice track
I would agree with dubdub that the bass isn't quite right there is quite a loose wobble to it that kind of muddies the low end, need the sustain shorting or something or the frequency altering.
i ll agree on the bass critique as Voidloss pointed out the bass indeed needs a bit taming and especially around the kick area. the kick will be brought a db up so it will not be choked. so yeah the bass was a bit too much. the mid range sound has been put to the sides on purpose and that s why it sounds that it is not coming through. on headphones it sounds ok to me but on speakers the image can vary as usual. that way I think it is not interfering with the overall mix. so I ll think this one is going to be mastered properly when the time comes(!) for now i m glad that it doesnt have any major issues.
and of course thanks for your feedback guys

ricardoperazzo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ricardoperazzo »

god mixing and good structure! keep it up