And another one

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
tsaro
Lifer
And another one

Post by tsaro »

Another night without much sleep, this time resulting in something a bit more trippy.
how far do you want to go

Neal
fake
Re: And another one

Post by Neal »

Hey, this is pretty good. The sounds that come in around 3 mins weren't totally my bag but thats totally subjective, like the first 2 mins and the last 90 seconds.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Same story, different track...

@Neal: Thanks for the feedback, I agree that it gets a bit messy. Instead of bringing in that 2nd synth line I'm now working on putting in a break there and working in bits of it in a more controlled manner... Also some problems with the mix, for example that percussion thingy seems to have lots of nasty frequencies which poke out at higher volume..... And yet here I am again posting a track made on headphones :P

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

I like your dark style of techno. I think what I was personally missing in this track was a solid drum groove.

paul-slacknoise
Face Hugger

Post by paul-slacknoise »

sounds really cool. I like the fluid, groovy and dark characteristic of it. Cool!

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

The kick in the first track is kinda awkward and the whole track feels like it's been recorded inside a giant ... bell if that makes any sense? :lol:

I like the production in the second track better but the hats don't really come through, they feel too hidden in the mix. The bassline and that tribal-feeling riff are a bit too much, a bit quieter and maybe some side chaining could help.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Yeah, that 1st track has a lot of problems, the kick and percs which make up the first half of the track are basically fucked, needs a lot of work to get it to a somewhat acceptable level.... Been messing with it, and it's slowly getting a little better but it's a tough one to fix. And it's now also turned into 3 separate tracks somehow, which all have inherited some problems from the first track....Not a smart move :v

Improved the 2nd one a bit, I think it's as close as I'm going to get it to how I want on this setup.

I'll be posting new bits in this topic next time, so I don't completely flood the forum with my, well, shit (on more than one level) :lol: