dubdub - summer groove

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
dubdub
Asphyxiwank
dubdub - summer groove

Post by dubdub »

More of a headphones kinda track. I had a lot of issues getting the bassline to fit right, to little around 200-300 hz and it feels too dull, too much and it takes over the mids.

Opnå
non reader
Re: dubdub - summer groove

Post by Opnå »

Really like the delayed synths. Got a touch of the 90's ambient house vibe about it.

I'm really not keen on the bass line though, it's neither in sharp contrast to the rest of the track and creating a nice counterpoint. But nor is it smoothly blending with the elements and gently pushing the groove forward. It just feels a bit uncomfortable. I know you mentioned frequencies etc, but i think it might just be the actual bass melody that needs tweeking.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Yeah, those synths wouldn't be misplaced in some late 90's Ibiza smash hit. Though the style is decidedly more dubby, as expected of someone named dubdub :P

Agreed on the bass melody, those 2 notes just plodding along don't do the rest of the track justice, though I guess in expanding the bass line it would only take a second before you'd have some funky house on your hands (not that that's necessarily a bad thing mind you).... One other solution could also be just change up the pattern a bit, delete that other note, and fuck around with some parallel distortion/filters/what have you.

The drums seem a bit basic, it could do with some more percussion.

All in all a good basis for a decent dubby roller.
how far do you want to go

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It's a nice track for sure.

Just one thing that irritates me. the second note of the 2nd bar of the bass. It's pushed forward too much.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Love the synths. Definitely a bit 90s, but in a good way.

I think the bassline almost but doesn't quite work. In other words, you are very close and don't need to make any major changes, but should play around with it and tweak it a bit. Like Jordan, I think the second note feels (subjectively) bit too forward.

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

lovely synthwork
i agree with the other people about the bassline
it doesnt sit really good in the mix
and the pattern needs some little tweaking

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »