Hanos- Road

Post by bioniceye »

yo
Any thoughts on this track

celome
quasi-public
Re: Hanos- Road

Post by celome »

Hey cool backbone for a synthpop'ish track. I find that the whole thing is a bit dry like the pseudo lead synth maybe add reverb or a delay. May be also add another synth for the last part to expend to something more melodic. With this kind of track you can go a bit cheesy in my opinion / listen to fatima yamaha to see what i mean.

BTW cool to see other electronic genre :)
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Nice, you got pretty close to chilled the late 90s / early 2000s electro sound. That bassline totally reminds of a certain track that I can't remember right now.

I think it just needs some more dirt and meat and some slighty changed programming to sound athentic. I think the mix as a whole could use a bit more swing and varied timing, it sounds slightly stiff right now and the kick pattern feels a bit sterile. I think 2-3 bpm more would give it some more groove but that's just my taste, I think electro needs to pretty fast to really work. You do the snare roll thing every now and then, more little programming tricks like that will make the mix feel more fluid and alive. A trick for arps is to chain multiple arps, which makes the patterns more varied. Or try Cthulu, it's a mix betweeen an arp and a step sequencer and can make really sophisticated patterns.

Did you pan the kick? It sounds a bit weird. The mix lacks some meat, everything except the bassline seems to sit quite high, i'd ease up on the EQ a bit more. Maybe a touch more saturation. I agree the arps and bleeps could use more verb. The 16th could use a bit of delay, it's a bit too straight. The pad is a bit too clean for my taste and could use a bit more movement, both in terms of modulation and notes, I think you could easily go up one more octave every now and then. I think you should change the bassline pattern a bit when it comes back at 3:45, it gets a bit old over the duration of the track. Maybe just give it a bit more variation in general, like a reversed pattern every X bars for example.

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Some interesting points to think about.
will add some reverb and delay for sure.
the kick is dead center. its treated with some mix bus compression and tape simulation only, so i dont know.
i know some records from fatima yahama but never made the link with my productions. Will listen to those tracks more carefully soon.
seams like i need to improve my skills to make more movement with modulation on my pads
i heard comments about my static pads before

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I really dig the bassline and shakers but everything else seems dry and under-processed.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

The_G wrote:I really dig the bassline and shakers but everything else seems dry and under-processed.
I agree. Good potential though with nice programming. I also agree you can go a bit more cheesy over the top with this kind of style, its close to being non descript background... with some effects you could give it a more chill vibe, or with some more solo-type programming you could make it a bit more in your face.

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

This would fit as the soundtrack of a adventure minecraftish video game, not really my style of music but enjoyed it, maybe throw in some reverb ?

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

Yep, agree with the video game thoughts - you should send it to a few companies I reckon they would be interested.

I could also see it being used by some businesses as a soundtrack to a video pitch for something like a new set of apartment blocks (or something like that - ie a computer generated fly-through of the apartment facilities etc) - there's my random thought for the day!

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

Dude, great track, you have the ingrediants and programming down, just some mix and technical tweaks and its a stand up track for me. Groove could do with loosening up for sure, shakes get a touch intrusive/ too noticeable, and are very dry and upfront, even just shaving off the tops might help it sit better. Between 230 and 3 mins you could easily use the mix space a bit more with some spacial fx and or percussive interest. Some subtle fx automations would help the track feel less static and flow a little between sections. I think you could condence this track into 4 minutes and it wpuld work nicely as their isnt too much after 3 minutes that is new.

Good work ive found its all a process of gradually filling in the gaps in your knowledge that are slightly lacking and its a real skill to be able to be subjective on your own work to know what is lacking, what is strong etc. Bassline is simple but funky as

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

thanks for all the feedback
the song was created with a long nightdrive in my head as inspiration hence the title
but after reading the comments
i see now flying spaceships listening to this tune