Ttinga - Endian

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Ttinga
Normality Restored
Ttinga - Endian

Post by Ttinga »

Here is something I worked on a bit ago and am revisiting to try to clean up a little bit. Not sure how I feel about it so any feedback would be much appreciated. Let me know if it sounds too cheesy in a "Mortal Combat" type way. :twisted:

https://soundcloud.com/ttinga/endian/s-3bl6f

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo
Re: Ttinga - Endian

Post by arc »

Sounds really good man, I like it. My only criticism is that the kick/sub should be pitched down a couple semitones. Besides that, great work. :)

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Thanks Arc, appreciate the comments. I'll try lowering the pitch of the kick/sub - I was struggling to get it to sound right because I was trying to craft these sounds out of something besides actual kick samples.

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

Ttinga wrote:Thanks Arc, appreciate the comments. I'll try lowering the pitch of the kick/sub - I was struggling to get it to sound right because I was trying to craft these sounds out of something besides actual kick samples.
Nice. Care to explain how you made the kick?

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Of course. I was hitting my couch and then dragging my hand across the fabric to get a percussive attack but with some "sustain" to bridge the gaps. Then overdrive on the lower frequencies. I did layer in a bit of click from an actual kick though for extra attack.

LuigiTozzii
refusenik

Post by LuigiTozzii »

Super work you made here mate!I love it and it's very dark!
I am not sure about the double break in the middle of the track but it's your creative choice =)
gratz!

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

i like this too, nice kickdrum/sub, and good melodic part.
quite original actually.

Pantschowa
Alf Garnett

Post by Pantschowa »

Really nice T. Loving this one. It has all hypnotic qualities. My only suggestion is that I would make those metal percussion from 2:34 louder.

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

Ttinga wrote:I was hitting my couch and then dragging my hand across the fabric to get a percussive attack but with some "sustain" to bridge the gaps. Then overdrive on the lower frequencies. I did layer in a bit of click from an actual kick though for extra attack.
Ahh interesting.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I'll give this a proper listen tomorrow evening

delve
Jan : )

Post by delve »

Really cool sounds. I am really digging the short delayed pitched verb sounds and your modulation work. Sounding nice overall and tightly mixed too.
Oink Oink

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

jordanneke wrote:I'll give this a proper listen tomorrow evening
Ok dude.

I feally fucking enjoyed the first 3 minutes and the first part of the break. Can't offer any feedback on the mix or quality at all i'm afraid.

Love the kick that comes in after the break, being trying to achieve something like that myself.

But the seq/arp synth doesn't do it for me at all. Perhaps it's too psy trancey for me, but it doesn't rock my boat.

Everything else does though.

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Jordan - appreciate the honest opinion on the synth line. Was going for a Magneze style line but maybe it didn't come out quite like I intended.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I really like the kick, especially the bass end. Im not really into the arp either, but before it drops I am really enjoying the sound and vibe of the track.