Amøbe - DsD

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - DsD

Post by Amøbe »

I've been listening to a lot of Detroit techno lately, and I guess this is my take on that sound (I think that's where the pads come from at least).

Did I overdo it with the risers? They always feel silly to me, but I think they often serve a purpose, so they are always added in afterwards as a chore :lol:

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: Amøbe - DsD

Post by Amøbe »

or maybe I did a trance?

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

just lowered the kick a bit and switched the pad up for one with a bit more clarity (which I think works better)

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Definitely not trance, and it has a detroit vibe indeed. The second hat (right after the break) is perhaps a touch too loud IMHO, but that's mostly a tastes and colors thing. GoodJob(tm) once again dude 8-)
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

2latuile wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm
Definitely not trance, and it has a detroit vibe indeed. The second hat (right after the break) is perhaps a touch too loud IMHO, but that's mostly a tastes and colors thing. GoodJob(tm) once again dude 8-)
Thanks :D that second hat is the 909RideCymbal(TM) you suggested I added in the WIP thread :D I'll try and lower it a bit :)

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Tried lowering the ride - do you think it sits better in the mix now?

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Amøbe wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm
that second hat is the 909RideCymbal(TM) you suggested I added in the WIP thread :D
oops :oops: :lol:
Amøbe wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm
Mmm, I'm in two minds actually :oops: It does "sit better in the mix" indeed, but then it's perhaps loosing a bit too much energy :? (well, sometimes you have to hear it to find out I guess ?)
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

2latuile wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:44 pm
Amøbe wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:44 pm
that second hat is the 909RideCymbal(TM) you suggested I added in the WIP thread :D
oops :oops: :lol:
Amøbe wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm
Mmm, I'm in two minds actually :oops: It does "sit better in the mix" indeed, but then it's perhaps loosing a bit too much energy :? (well, sometimes you have to hear it to find out I guess ?)
Well I appreciate you took the time to listen :) I'll let it simmer a bit, and then I'll pick whichever one I like the most after the weekend ;)

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

For what it's worth, I prefer the ride in the first version. It does sound more energetic than the second version.

Really great work on the pads as well!

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

nice track . pads definetly better in 2nd version . I cant comment on the "detroitness" but everything sounds good and fits well

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Thanks for listening everyone :) I ended up with the first rides as the ones I liked the best as well