The Lab - Drifyn.

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
2latuile
hmmmmmm...
The Lab - Drifyn.

Post by 2latuile »

Hello you happy taxpayers :mrgreen:

Went for a somewhat harder/faster style this time, nothing really original actually (lol) but I kinda like it nonetheless. Thoughts ?

Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: The Lab - Drifyn.

Post by Amøbe »

Just listened while I was in transit to visit a friend, and I think I need to listen to it more, so this is only early impressions :lol:

It sounds really great to my ears. Sometimes the energy is really going through the roof!

It also sounds a bit like there's multiple tracks inside of it - it's almost traveling through periods style wise, and I can't decide whether that's a force or I'd recommend working it into two tracks

But I really can't say anything negative about the musicality and production level - it's always a pleasure to hear your tracks <3

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Amøbe wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:30 pm

It also sounds a bit like there's multiple tracks inside of it - it's almost traveling through periods style wise, and I can't decide whether that's a force or I'd recommend working it into two tracks
I guess I'm a bit "style-blind" - to me it's just techno :mrgreen: - but I'm still not sure about the bassline actually.
Amøbe wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:30 pm
But I really can't say anything negative about the musicality and production level - it's always a pleasure to hear your tracks <3
Wow, thanks dude 8-)
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

those stabs(?) playing 16th notes with a bandpass filter on them out to the sides sound really cool. It sounds really busy in the second half, but that's also where you've got all the most interesting sounds in my opinion. I am not too partial to the acid-esque synth, but amobe is right that it gives it a very retro feel.

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

mervv wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:43 pm
I am not too partial to the acid-esque synth, but amobe is right that it gives it a very retro feel.
Thanks for the feedback 8-)

Yeah I'm still unsure about this bassline, and yes I feel like I'd need a bit "more" in the first part (before the stabs come in) and a touch less in the second. Will probably revisit the whole thing sooner or later.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

I like it. The groove and drive work really well. Its forward driving but laid back at the same time.

I like the bassline, and i like tje somehow hollow feel that it has. But i think it could have a touch more upper harmonics, maybe dont open the filter more, but parallel saturate/distort/crunch it?

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

over9000 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:16 am
I like it. The groove and drive work really well. Its forward driving but laid back at the same time.

I like the bassline, and i like tje somehow hollow feel that it has. But i think it could have a touch more upper harmonics, maybe dont open the filter more, but parallel saturate/distort/crunch it?
IIRC it's already quite distorted but I'll double-check this. Was considering introducing it sooner too (-> in the first part) so it sounds less like two traks in one.

Thanks for the feedback dude.