The Bicameral Mind

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Cloaked
hunger marcher
The Bicameral Mind

Post by Cloaked »

Long time no speak, hope all is well!Cannot believe it's been 10 years since I signed up here. In case anyone's got a spare 4 minutes, some nonsense music here. Discovered the Julian Jaynes theory for the first time this week, no idea what rock I've been under, but found it inspiring!

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: The Bicameral Mind

Post by jordanneke »

Yo!

It sounds well produced to me, I am listening on head phones and the only thing that struck me is that the vocal could be cleaned up a bit in terms of frequencies. I think it takes up too much room, but you really struggle to actually understand what it says. Maybe tone down the processing, let more of the dry signal through?

It all gets a bit too much at about 4 mins.

Apart that, I think it’s awesome

Cloaked
hunger marcher

Post by Cloaked »

jordanneke wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:07 pm
Yo!

It sounds well produced to me, I am listening on head phones and the only thing that struck me is that the vocal could be cleaned up a bit in terms of frequencies. I think it takes up too much room, but you really struggle to actually understand what it says. Maybe tone down the processing, let more of the dry signal through?

It all gets a bit too much at about 4 mins.

Apart that, I think it’s awesome
Thanks so much Jordan, really appreciate your time and words. Agree on the vocal. I understand you about towards the end too... but I really wanted to overwhelm the listener, even if it's a bit of a mess :lol:

Link me to your latest stuff and I'll take a listen mate. Thanks again

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

Dope track
The vocal is a little hard to understand but it get's better after a few bats, I guess there is a low pass filter the opens up. I get the idea that it needs to be a little messy and all over the frequency spectrum, it works well with the drums and the melodic parts do stand out nicely.

Well done!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Ha - I really enjoyed that last minute, where it goes bananas <3

Can't add much to what has already been said - I think it's a great track :) Really impressed with how you managed to make the kick both punchy and having so much sustain at the same time (for me it's always a choice between one or the other)

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

Sounds great. Very full but lots of separation. I agree that the vocal could sit in the mix better.