Attenuator - OHM

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
FvH
crud
Attenuator - OHM

Post by FvH »

Hi peps!

Me again with some hypno sound this time. I look forward to your comments.
Cheers :mrgreen:

Evert
who is it?
Re: Attenuator - OHM

Post by Evert »

This one's hypnotic for sure. Good work on the bassline.
The mix also sounds good to my ears.

The arrangement works well up until a point, but with the current elements I think the track is too long.
If you ask me, you could shave of a few minutes and end up with a more focused track.

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Evert wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:20 pm

The arrangement works well up until a point, but with the current elements I think the track is too long.
If you ask me, you could shave of a few minutes and end up with a more focused track.
Agree! Im gona shift/short for 32 bars and introduce that pad/synth more early in the mix!

Thanks for your time! I'm glad you like the mix because not so far ago I had trouble with some basic elements :D

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

FvH wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:30 pm
Evert wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Agree! Im gona shift/short for 32 bars and introduce that pad/synth more early in the mix!

Thanks for your time! I'm glad you like the mix because not so far ago I had trouble with some basic elements :D
Ha, you're basically already on to what I would suggest - you have a minor breakdown earlier. I'd suggest to introduce the shimmery synth, and all the cascading modulations you do to the rest - they are wonderful! - there... actually just copy/paste your second breakdown to the position of the first!

The track is really good, but as evert says it doesn't really have enough elements to last this long - for that it would probably have to take a more intense left turn somewhere. But yeah - one break down and shave off 3 minutes or so, and I think you'll have a track that is both great and tight :) It sounds well to my ears, and you are doing a lot of the stuff that makes a track hypnotic :) good job!

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

The mix sounds like you totally leveled up. Very impressive.

Like it lots.

The high hats type decending roll is used too often, I think I'd half the amount of times it appears, eg, every 14, as opposed to every 7.

Oh yeah, by 6 mins, I was done.

Did you arrange this live? It's a bit introspective....and long.

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Thanks for feedback! You guys helped me to make some decisions to trim the track and replace some things in arrangement.

I've re-uploaded the soundcloud link with new version. Cheers sekteres!!