Nacasat - grab

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
P0607r0n
Metric Martyr
Nacasat - grab

Post by P0607r0n »

Hey, i was absent from the forum for quite a while, sorry for that. I've been in weird place in my life/in my mind. On one hand I can't say that anything bad was happening, but I had general lack of motivation to do anything else than music, video games, huge amounts of junk food, followed by days rushed on amphetamines. Generally speaking I was social distancing myself even on the interwebz. Today I have seen Voidloss post on FB about a great set by Derlich, that inspired me to come back here and share one of my recent tracks. Track is played, live in one take, no post production.
Ps. My regular SoundCloud account is full, so I did a new one.

mindstuff
hmmmmmm...
Re: Nacasat - grab

Post by mindstuff »

Solid track...love the insanity of the buildup...great tension. I love when the kick switches to that 4/4 and that shit just grooves.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

This is some mental techno!
cheers for doing it live in one take
the mix could need some more separation of the elements with some EQ, some elements sound a bit mushed in the reverb

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

over9000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am
the mix could need some more separation of the elements with some EQ, some elements sound a bit mushed in the reverb
Completely my sentiments.

This nightmarish!

I'd live to hear a less reverby mix, despite the bad dreams

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

over9000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind for the next time. The other mixdown of that won't be happening, as this patch is long gone. :D There will be the next nightmarish thing though. ;)

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

That click-ish noise thing on the kick is very harsh on the ears. Needs some EQ/de-essing. Actually the whole thing is very unpleasant frequency wise, lots of buildup in the high mids plus very crushed dynamics ...

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

dubdub wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:14 pm
That click-ish noise thing on the kick is very harsh on the ears. Needs some EQ/de-essing. Actually the whole thing is very unpleasant frequency wise, lots of buildup in the high mids plus very crushed dynamics ...
I usually do de-essing in that "don't think about it just put that on" kinda preset manner, that I didn't do this time obviously. Had couple of listens to the track, and somehow thought its not necessary, while in the same time keeping in mind that doing things "by the default" it's something that really shouldn't be done.

I am also curious how much of what you said is down to the estetics, and how much is the stuff that in DJ set in the soundsystem environment, might actually hurt people.
In example... I had been exposed to the untreated 909clap on the big soundsystem that could sever the heads of the crowd, which was much NO NO, but also heard some very harsh "unpleasant" tracks, that everyone (me included) had pleasure to endure. :D

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

dubdub wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:14 pm
Don't get me wrong, I understand that I have quite big lacks in terms of production skills. I was seriously wondering how much from the sound I am ending with a s down to my conscious decisions, and how much is just lack of knowing how to do it better...