NISSIM - NEWS NEWS

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
OHADOHAD
decent
NISSIM - NEWS NEWS

Post by OHADOHAD »

Hey guys,
hope all are you are safe and well! crazy year so far.
I know usually we share single tracks here, but if you have time, would appreciate some feedback on a full EP that I've been working on.
Already got great feedback from guys like skee mask and more.. but always appreciated the thoughts of guys on this platform.
It's a secret link, so you'll have to move to soundcloud, will appreciate any feedback of course and thanks for taking the time listening, hope you enjoy it!

[privsoundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/nissim_music/set ... F5vvMdvvgA[/privsoundcloud]
No Bass Lines For Me!

tsaro
Lifer
Re: NISSIM - NEWS NEWS

Post by tsaro »

Digging the left field vibes, pretty original stuff. Unexpected grooves, some old school vibes, nice one.
One of the few nitpicks I have is that track 4 gets a bit messy with what I assume is a sitar loop, I'd cut into that one a little to give the rest of the sounds some more space, and I think I like the track more when you filter it out;)

For the rest, I like what you're doing here, keep at it!
how far do you want to go

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

tsaro wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 pm
Digging the left field vibes, pretty original stuff. Unexpected grooves, some old school vibes, nice one.
One of the few nitpicks I have is that track 4 gets a bit messy with what I assume is a sitar loop, I'd cut into that one a little to give the rest of the sounds some more space, and I think I like the track more when you filter it out;)

For the rest, I like what you're doing here, keep at it!
Thanks for taking the time to listen and for the feedback!
Glad you like it! didn't want it to sound boring or like everything out there.. so I guess I'm on the right path.
I will try and do something with that sample, even thou it's kinda hard working on a single instrument now.. I record everything in one go, no mixing and no separate files, so if I need to clean or do some 'rebalance' I will do it during hardcore mastering :) I can try locating some frequencies that might give a sense of more space... see how it goes.
Thanks!
No Bass Lines For Me!

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

I like the sound design and the general weirdness!
Not so sure on the grooves of some tracks, but this is stuff that surely stands out

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

over9000 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 pm
I like the sound design and the general weirdness!
Not so sure on the grooves of some tracks, but this is stuff that surely stands out
Thanks for the feedback!
Standing out is very important nowadays.. so appreciate mentioning that!
No Bass Lines For Me!

Akaspeedy
clown

Post by Akaspeedy »

Green control is my personal favourite......not sure how to describe what this, but the snare sounding breaks towards the end, for me, rather than build up in volume, just slam them in together at a certain point around 32 bars after the kick comes in.....but thats personal preference from years of listening to hardcore back in the day lol

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Akaspeedy wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:11 pm
Green control is my personal favourite......not sure how to describe what this, but the snare sounding breaks towards the end, for me, rather than build up in volume, just slam them in together at a certain point around 32 bars after the kick comes in.....but thats personal preference from years of listening to hardcore back in the day lol
Thanks mate! glad you like it!
any thoughts on the other tracks?
No Bass Lines For Me!