Jordanneke - Djack

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Jordanneke - Djack

Post by jordanneke »

YO,

My first track in a very long time, after a self-enforced break. Still on a house tip. Listened to this track enough, now I hate it.

All feedback is welcome....no need to be nice by the way.

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: Jordanneke - Djack

Post by Amøbe »

That's a bassline for your hips! It is nice to have you back :)

I quite like it - at first I was a bit weary about the vocal sample, but then it sort of took a background seat (I guess the pitchy/processing thing makes it less human and becoming instrument or something), which I found super interesting!

The harmony is really nice - My head started making up all these lead melodies, because the harmony is so beautiful to latch onto, so it is like there is a lot of virtual melodies in the track.

it is so uplifting :)

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

I love the power house vibe which you've going on. Especially the bassdrum and the snappy hihat concretes the tunes direction.
classy.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Both kick and bass kinda drop off around 40hz a bit too much. Kick feels a bit thick around 800-1,5k maybe? Hihat is a bit lacking in transient bite. The transient on the clap feels a bit weird and messy, maybe change the starting point a bit.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks to the three of you. Much appreciated.

Another one to sit on the hard-drive!

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

As always a great track! Good house vibes surrounding it :). Really like listening to your house grooves.

Only things that seems out of place are the kick and the clap/snare (btw, I am assuming you are using a snare and a clap. I know it sound weird but I can't really tell if it's a snare and a clap or a clap whitch gets louder some times. please enlighten me! feel like I'm going deaf here :) ).

The punch from the kick hits a bit to hard (perhaps you can tame the mid/low a bit, it sound like u used a bit to much tape saturation, this is also enforced by the hiss sound at the beginning and end of the track), making it suitable for harder techno, but not for house (IMHO). Also the kick and bass clash somethimes on my system. Bassline is funky and suits the track well.

the clap/snare could be more prominent. the snare could use 1/2 db and the clap 3/4 db (again if you used a snare AND a clap, I know this sounds silly). If they are both in there you did a nice job combining them, and if it's just a clap, it's a very nice clap. Raising (them) a bit can give your track more drive, now it sounds a bit laid back.

The hats are nice (I love them hats a bit raw).

FX sound good and come and go (fade out) in the right places and in the right way.

Vocals.... wow!!!! What a nice way to use vocals, I'm hoping you're proud about how you made them fit in, because you should!!!

btw... there is a point at 3.04, when the clap and hats gets a tiny bit louder (being a total musical grammar nazi here, sorry for that). It seems like an automation is raising the volume. This volume raise also happens at 2.16 (buts it's overal here). It could be smoother if the volume doesn't raise that much (again being a major dick and focusing on minor details here!).

anyway, great track!! :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Thanks Zeno.

I know the kick is hard, I intentionally made it hard, kind of like the old Toddy Terry stuff. I wanted the hats to be more prominent as they change note as does the synth, so they lead the track, and the claps are just there to keep time.

I appreciate the time it took to reply. Thanks again.

I've made a few changes to the track

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

sure, my pleasure, it is a good track!!