It Burrows

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Johnlad
quasi-public
It Burrows

Post by Johnlad »

This is the first track that I feel I'm ready to start sharing to get feedback from someone other than my girlfriend who reluctantly has to listen every now and again :lol:

Would love to know what people think.

calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
Re: It Burrows

Post by calum666 »

Nice full sounding drums and sounds, production wise I think it sounds great. Nice track, well done.

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Yeah I like production too. Maybe you can put snare on the side of the mix more as it will come through the synt line better? Or maybe you can put synth on the side more and take a bit out of mid from the synth where the snare is hitting? This is the only comment I can think of :), well done!
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Great track, can't fault the production, and I like it from an aesthetic/creative point of view as well!

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and feedback.

I've mixed it in new headphones so still getting used to them. Will probably revisit the mix when my ears adjust a bit more to them and tidy it up a bit. I also feel some parts need a little more movement but really happy with the end result.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

I agree with the others that the production is on point.
I like it a lot. Great job man.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I like the drum programming but the drums feel a little bit loose overall, the hits don't really quite come together to form a cohesive whole. Some glue compression would probably help I reckon. Some of the panning / stereo stuff is a little drastic. The synth hits could be a little drier in terms of reverb, I think - it'd give them a bit more presence. Currently they are bit float-y and don't really occupy a concrete place in the soundstage.

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will take your comments on board when I have another go at mixing it. Much appreciated :)

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

don't know if its my speakers but the the main kick sounds a bit thuddy, you may benefit with a softer kick as it takes too much focus away from the other drum elements, which is an excellent little rhythm you've got going on there, for my taste the synth doesn't suit it a bit thrashy and intrusive over the rest of the sound. By the way love the intro that's really nice

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

nice production. the lead could be tamed down a bit for my taste. I feel that it's all over the place now, distracting me from the nice drum groove. Also the track feels exciting, like something is gonna happen, but than nothing happens and it just fades out. perhaps a little bit of tension release would help in your buildup.

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Thanks taking them time to listen and feedback Jim / Zeno. Will take your comments on board when I revisit it.

Much appreciated :)

tbf
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tbf »

this sounds fresh. it was actually a really enjoyable experience. the drum pattern is quite interesting and the synth line took me by surprise. mix sounds nice and full. I just think the kick could use some thickening. but all in all, great job!

SCUMM
skaghead

Post by SCUMM »

Sounds great, Love the drum programming and the synth line. Sounds unique and refreshing!
WHERE WORDS FAIL MUSIC SPEAKS

Akaspeedy
clown

Post by Akaspeedy »

Hi Johnlad.....

Very moody and atmospheric track here.....as others have said, great production all round......Had a thought whilst listening, and think that every now and then when the snare hits, pull everything down for a fraction of a second....for example have a slight moments silence once in a while so that amazing snare hits, just for a couple of milliseconds before hits on its own and then return to the sonic glory of the tune.......although thats just my personal expression

Akaspeedy

cosmicmassif
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by cosmicmassif »

That synth sound is great - the hat programming is a nice touch

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Thanks for all your feedback. That synth section definitely seems to have split people. Might rename the track marmite :lol:

Glad I seem to be on the right track with productions. Just wish I had time to finish more.