3 new deep/experimental techno tracks

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off

Revaron
reverse genius
Re: 3 new deep/experimental techno tracks

Post by Revaron »

I like all of these, top work. The first one, 'cyborg', I particularly like, deliciously wonky with great noises going off, cool rhythm - yeah I wanna go raving now. On first listen I thought it could do with more bass, but after another listen I actually like the way it works with the low end a bit subdued, getting dragged along by the crazy synths. Still, maybe a bit of a low end tweak would get it really pumping, but if it's as intended, fair play. Anyway, great track. And the other two are belters as well, thanks for sharing.

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

Revaron wrote:I like all of these, top work. The first one, 'cyborg', I particularly like, deliciously wonky with great noises going off, cool rhythm - yeah I wanna go raving now. On first listen I thought it could do with more bass, but after another listen I actually like the way it works with the low end a bit subdued, getting dragged along by the crazy synths. Still, maybe a bit of a low end tweak would get it really pumping, but if it's as intended, fair play. Anyway, great track. And the other two are belters as well, thanks for sharing.
thx for your excellent feedback, revaron! i agree there might be room for improvement in the bass region, i will give these tracks a second look when i have enough material for an album!

Revaron
reverse genius

Post by Revaron »

Chizmata wrote:i agree there might be room for improvement in the bass region, i will give these tracks a second look when i have enough material for an album!
I love the way it's laid out, but for me just a bit more volume on the kick and bass would really get it going, but then I'm a sucker for bass! Anyway I look forward to the album, will check your other stuff out as well.

TomasHD
slipper

Post by TomasHD »

The melodies and the percussions are amazing. Really nice work (my fav is cyborg). Pure old school techno.

In my opinion, if you want to give more strength to all of them, try by adding more low end.
In Cyborg a good compressed 909 kick would be sick

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

TomasHD wrote:The melodies and the percussions are amazing. Really nice work (my fav is cyborg). Pure old school techno.

In my opinion, if you want to give more strength to all of them, try by adding more low end.
In Cyborg a good compressed 909 kick would be sick
thx a lot for your great feedback! yes im still trying to get better at mixing bass. as said they all will get a revisit for the upcoming album. in the meantime, here's the next one, i think i already did better:

https://soundcloud.com/chizmata/chizmata-reasonable