Chabo - Take 1 (Submarine techno)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
chabo
non reader
Chabo - Take 1 (Submarine techno)

Post by chabo »

Feedback specialy on Kick and bas is appreciated :)

SquareTheCircle
quasi-public
Re: Chabo - Take 1 (Submarine techno)

Post by SquareTheCircle »

the kick drum is quite boxy. You might hear some good results if you cut some frequencies around the 300 - 500hz mark.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BandCamp: https://jonathanhart.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud WIPS: https://soundcloud.com/djsquarethecircle
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

yan6
Chernobyl

Post by yan6 »

Beside the kick being either too boxy of just too prominent, I really liked it up until the second break but wasn't feeling the lead lines that came in around the 4:50 mark.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Am I supposed to hear a click with the kick? Sounds like the reverb being side-chained or something/ compressor acting...

The kick does need some work, I think its decay is too short, It's getting towards psy-trance?

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

The kick misses a 'soul' for me. It is short and eehm, snappy... There is a gap between the kick and bass also. It's not bad, i can imagine people liking it as it is, but for me, the kick and sub could be a little deeper and less promiment :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

as mentioned.. kick is boxy and lacks body..
Didn't like the second part of the track... the vocal need more work as well... i would try and play with fx a bit on it, make it more interesting.
For me, it's missing another synth line/mid high frequency that could make this track more interesting.
No Bass Lines For Me!

chabo
non reader

Post by chabo »

First of, thanks a lot!! I feel that I´m heading in the right direction by the count of feedback :D

So as many others the kick drum is my biggest issue :evil: .. I will definitely try to EQ around 300-500 but I believe my problem is the hole recipe that is built up by three kicks.. one sub whit verb that works around 90-500, on top I have a bas kick whit a long attack and whit big decay that works from 40-500 this two create the drive and rhythm. On top of all this I use a kick from 400 whit a short attack and not so long decay, this kick is probably the one you all refer to as boxy and snappy and this is the problem whiteout it, I can't dans to the track and if I make it sound better (add bottom and o bigger decay it will mess up my drive :/).. Am I doing it wrong? any god thoughts?

As comment I´m a former Psy producer so all this layering is new to me, but I feel I´m getting closer to that magic that it creates! :ugeek:

The lead (pad in my opinion) @ 4,50 is dividing people :) but yea I think I will lose it in the next mix..

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Well... I know psytrance producers likes to layer stuff :)
Im not into layering.. I believe you can get a lot with only one kick.
I am using a jomox mbase but you can easily achieve the same with good samples and good work with overdrive/eq/compressor.
If layering kicks is your thing, make sure to filter the frequencies properly from each sample, no overlapping frequencies and probably play with different samples, longer decay on the low end one... you can add some decay and attack with transient designer, but i would still recommend matching the best samples possible before additional processing.
No Bass Lines For Me!