Enemies of ministry

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
celome
quasi-public
Enemies of ministry

Post by celome »

Hi fellas !

New techno track called Enemies of Ministry. Sounds a bit industrial and ambient and maybe "acidish" in regard to the bassline.
A lot of energy spent on sound design, mainly on low end, fx, soundscaping and weird elements.

The whole thing was produced with live 9. Used convolution reverb (m4L) for low end rumble. Kick was recorded from a vermona drum machine.
Percs and HH are also samples from various vintage drum machines.
Used frequency shifter on the pad to add movement. Reverb for mid part and high part is coming from lexicon reverb suite.
I also used Blue from rob papen to create the mid bass (fm synthesis) + auto filter to create a kind of rhythmic pattern.

Premastering was just about eq'ing, soft compression and limiting.

Link !

Hope you'll enjoy it !

Bst regards,

Célome
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

Cloaked
hunger marcher
Re: Enemies of ministry

Post by Cloaked »

real nice. a bit of a karenn vibe going on.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Mix down sounds good to me, the kick sits nice. The jumping dynamics in the break I find a bit confusing or too drastic. Style wise its not really doing it for me, but production is there.

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

Thx for your comments. Glad the whole mix was approved.

Following the "style" issue Willemb, i was wondering if this mid bassline was really relevant.
In the end, it tends to sound too obvious and moreover out of the atmosphere I attempted to create.

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Maybe you've just got different taste to me when it comes to making tracks? We might both like techno, but we can still be looking for different things in the music we like.

It doesnt sound cheesy to me, and it sounds pretty well made, and ive got nothing against you either, so I cant really say anything bad about it... therefore i put it down to taste. Maybe i should have left the word style out and used taste instead.

Saying all that, I'm sure that any atmosphere would come out more without that mid bass, as it is pretty foreground and demanding for the listeners attention.

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

Yep, definitely ! :D

New release :

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

I really liked this one too,for me i also thought the mid bass spent too much time in the foreground but didn't reply because i wasn't so sure if i offended you last time .It may be worth introducing the mid bass at 1/4 and 3/4 points of the track as a means to lift energy levels.I would also try experiment more(its possible you have already) with amp sims, light distortion on the mid bass to see what kind of results are possible.The rest of the track is done really well.

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

Hey man ! you didn't offend me at all. ;)
I really like having different opinions, I mean you can even say it's a monster s***.

New release :

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Good to know :) I cant see myself being that harsh though ,ill save those kinda outbursts for my own stuff (depending on the mood) lol