I actually think I like this one..

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Frarnce
fake
I actually think I like this one..

Post by Frarnce »

Maybe because I have been drinking a lot tonight, but i think its promising. Feedback and suggestions please :)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt
Re: I actually think I like this one..

Post by Mattias »

The intro was the best part.
There is no bass / bottom end in the track, sounds out of phase. The drums are all in the background. It' also very very busy and all over the place, it's hard to get a real focus on what is going on. Definitely needs major rework mixdown wise, if you do that and clean it up a bit, reduce everything that flies all over the place and get back it's easier to give an actual opinion on the music itself. Sorry.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

I agree with most of the technical fixes Mattias mentioned. But I do think this is kind of an interesting song you have. The synth sounds are cool but the drums aren't doing anything for me at the moment.

krypt
Smore

Post by krypt »

I agree with Mattias and Ttinga, but I like this one. I see nice concept there, but its very covered. I don't know how you are going to fix this mess (because its quite messy), but if you do, it would be very good and fresh track. I suggest deleting all the drums (kick, rides, hihats) and bass (is there any bass?) and produce a simple kick/hat/bassline, the background (or the foreground) is very interesting and this track doesn't need much more. Just make it rolling. hope this helps somewhat

shaneawilliams
tense

Post by shaneawilliams »

Very interesting and dark sound but it's a bit crowded; much like the rest of the comments, the drums are not very dynamic but I get what you're trying to do with it and it has potential so keep spending quality time on it.

Frarnce
fake

Post by Frarnce »

I just finished it off. Let me know if you think its any better now. Cheers

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I didn't listen to the original, and tried not to be influenced by the comments above.

For me it's just too busy. Far too busy. I can only focus on 3 things in a track. There's not one central thing that I can hook onto. Too many things are fighting for space and my attention.

I think there could possibly be two or three tracks in here.

On a plus note, i thought the mix was pretty good.

J

Frarnce
fake

Post by Frarnce »

Thanks for feedback. Here is one I started last night, let me know what you think.

I always like my tracks when they are work in progress, but end up disliking them a week after they are finished hah.