Common Ground

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Merah
arsehole
Common Ground

Post by Merah »

How's this coming through? I realise it could do with more transient excitement and textures, perhaps brighter synths
Creativity is not a technique, it is a way of life.

illit_
Gazza
Re: Common Ground

Post by illit_ »

Don't listen to dub myself tbh, percussion seems a tad flat the snare could do with a bit more snap and higher presence. The kick sounds like it has a click embedded inside of it, makes the track sound more stumbly than it is when it generally has more of a floating swaying atmosphere going on. I think the synths sound fine, it's the percussion which seems to be thin... but maybe I'm coming from too much of a techno point of view lol

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I think this is pretty good - the one thing sticking out is that the bassline (square-sounding?) sometimes take over the mix, when the filter opens a little too much up. I don't know much about dub, but I think you got the type of groove down, pretty good :)

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Sounds pretty sweet. Those dub chords could do with an extra octave above it incidentally, and maybe below it too if you're feeling fancy. Bass does seem to have a little too much range with that filtering going on.
Probably need to compensate for the volume drop a bit, and then indeed turn the whole down a little, or try some eq or something.
how far do you want to go

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

this sounds cool!
nice laid back atmosphere, i second what amobe said on the bassline, i think a small volume adjustment would already be enough though

nice one