Sketch

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
tsaro
Lifer
Sketch

Post by tsaro »

Working on this track right now, only I can't really judge the low end since all I have to work with right now is a pair of Portapro's. Any insight into bass levels would be appreciated. I suspect it's way too loud, but it sounds nice on these headphones :P The arrangement is a rough sketch atm (largely just some c/p), and the mix needs work, but feel free to criticize/suggest anything.

https://soundcloud.com/vo0doo/writhe/s-SwoRy
how far do you want to go

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!
Re: Sketch

Post by Hepta »

Nice man, i'm not the greatest mixer but I think the mix would benefit from a smile curve, more bass and a bit more of those tops,
so wide cut 1-3db maybe around 500ish, and I think that kicks snap is too loud somewhere around 2-3k.

Evert
who is it?

Post by Evert »

I also noticed the kick jumps out a bit too much right now. I would tone down the "click" a bit.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

I really expected the bass to be a major problem here, but you're saying I could even boost it? About the high end, I always cut a lot of highs out, somehow I'm a bit sensitive about loud high frequencies. I'll see if I can bring some back up to fill it out a bit.

I'll also look into the kick, it's made up of 3 layers so that shouldn't be too hard to bring down a little in the mids. Worked on the arrangement for a bit in the meanwhile, setting up my sub again some time next week, after checking it I'll post an updated version. Thanks for listening.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I like the whitenoisey sounds with the synth in this a lot, they seem to take on a life of their own in a really awesome way, they make me think of a creature flying around at night.
I would also agree with the sentiment in regards to the kick - it is too knocky, I just don't like the way it sounds.

I really like the bass. Not sure about the snare sounds when it is just mainly on its own, it sounds nice with all the other Porc going on as well though.

Mimui
beast

Post by Mimui »

It feels like the track is a bit tilted to the left side to me.
and the snare at 3.00 is overcompressed.
but exept that,
Tight as a tiger :D

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

It's nothing you couldn't get a decent mastering engineer to rebalance.
All in all (listening on HD600's through a decent interface) I've heard far more imbalanced bass ends.

In fact if anything, the bass end is a little "pinched" (lacking in dynamic)
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Finally gotten around to setting up my speaker system (somewhat) properly, and it isn't as bad as I thought here indeed. Will post a new version in the coming weeks somewhere, working on some other bits first and then I'll have to roll this one back a couple of versions since it seems I was busy fixing problems that weren't even there, or at least nowhere near as bad as I thought (which basically means I'm putting off copying the new arrangement to this mix since that's always pretty tedious):lol:
Might just start arranging again from scratch actually...

chabo
non reader

Post by chabo »

Waiting for that remake god track but the mix is not punchy enough!

officialwoodz
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by officialwoodz »

cool track but the kick is not punchy enough and also im missing a bit of an climax.

good luck buddy

Orquesm
broke

Post by Orquesm »

Really liking this! Needs more work in the arrangement. Not much happening rhythm wise and I think the track screams for some kind of extra freaky synth sound, but the basis has killer drive... Good stuff

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

I like it, one minor comment ... to me it seems like it is missing something in the upper mids.

Otherwise, all good!