Jan 2017 - Techno Track

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
bergertron
site spammer
Jan 2017 - Techno Track

Post by bergertron »

Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted something. I haven't done much production in a while . I haven't quite figured out the track layout/construction and I have done some mixing/eqing but not much.
Just started this any thoughts, feedback ?

parents
Opposite
Re: Jan 2017 - Techno Track

Post by parents »

I think you have a good start. Finish it!

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Thanks, Yeah I like it I am afraid to go near it incase I go in the wrong direction. I think i will make a copy and go from there. I have a few hats to add and bring up the level of that lower hat, also look at that sound running through a resonator, might try let leak more into the background

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Hola!

Ok, honestly, I don't like the kick. I think it is the tonality of it.

I really like the other sounds you have going on. The little clattery things that lead into that long synth sound are really nice.
The shakers might be a touch too loud. They sound great in terms of what they are though!

I can defo hear that you could turn this into something awesome. If it was mine I would add a pad but then that is my fucking answer to everything :lol:

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Thanks for the feedback. I am not really a pad type of person haha I have a lot of ideas for this but just leaving it a while before I get back to it.

I am fairly certain I haven't eq'd the shakers at all so I will do that first and see if they are still sounding too loud because they are definitely covering up other elements of the track . I would say I literally spent about 4 hours on this all together so lots more work planned. When I get to it I will re-post .

Thanks again.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Some thoughts as I was listening.

As Stacie mentioned, the kick, it's too ' put-put-put' kind of like a old hardstyle kick, I think a weightier kick, with more bottom end, and rolled off up the top would be better.

The reverbed bass needs a bit of work. Can I hear two things acting as the 'bass'? Something reverbed and something more buzzy?
There's too much air/ mids in there and not enough bass. What processing did you do?

Maybe try a bit more eq, and play a little with the decay/ room size of the reverb, The tail is a bit long perhaps. A bit of tweaking here would go a long way. It's a bit too 'raw' at the moment, some more processing and polishing would be good, considering it's a huge part of the track.

Also try playing with the side-chaining, it's a bit 'jack-hammer' rigid at the moment, combining this with the reverb controls may inject a bit more groove in there.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Yeah, I won't repeat the same things as said before but basically it needs some work, maybe simply pitching down the kick can get you most of the way there fixing it. What you could also try is giving those repeated/reversed/delayed percs an automated hipass (and/or some other modulation), to give it a sense of some kind of buildup, and some variations, new elements as the track progresses instead of just having it plodding along like that.

And I agree with the pad suggestion, I could see a pulsating, evolving pad working quite nicely here. But it's your choice of course.
Interested to see where this is going though.
how far do you want to go

bergertron
site spammer

Post by bergertron »

Appreciate the feedback . yes the kick certainly needs more work. With regards arrangement I literally just put this together to share I have a number of elements I plan to add and evolve the track more

seventh serpent
Poo Fingers

Post by seventh serpent »

in my opinion the arrengement is good but the bass is very poor

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

The track lacks low end (sub bass) power and authority. It makes the kick and bass sound like they're a place holder until a more inspired idea comes along.
Sub bass being aprx 30~60 hz, with bass itself being aprx 60~120hz, these two bands need to be jacked in.

Some of the percussion that appear mid way are amazingly well textured.
The break down in the latter part of the track was well structured and has a lovely quirky synth before getting back into it.

I reckon it's worth having a stab at nailing the lower end with something to bring it on a bit.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.