Modular and analog rytm jam

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
therottencircle
rescued
Modular and analog rytm jam

Post by therottencircle »

just for fun playing a bit with the toys...
its a cut from my live jam.. i kinda like this. maybe i should make a track out of it..
nice sunday guys

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Modular and analog rytm jam

Post by jordanneke »

Yo, there are some nice ideas in there, but as it stands it's just too messy/ muddy for me.

Although I have almost zero experience with hardware

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Nice atmosphere and depth. Although I agree with jordan, feels a bit too muddy for me. Could either use a bunch more top end and some higher frequencies brought out in the pads/hats/synths, or you need to filter and/or EQ your bottom end stuff a lot more next time you jam (although you could also do this if you post-processed in ableton).

But nice sounds!

therottencircle
rescued

thanks for the feedback.
i agree with the eq-ing , the frequencies and the hole thing is a bit chunky..its raw material coming from the machines going to sound card..
but on the other side i like that messiness kind of style in techno.but thats just me.
your re right sfbm, next time i do some ableton processing before putting it out:)

snitch
fake

Post by snitch »

i can only more or less repeat what others have said already.
I think it has some really, very interesting elements in it but the whole thing sounds like its evolving and evolving and evolving but not really coming. If that makes any sense.

therottencircle
rescued

It make sense snitch..
Since this is only a cut , not a finished arranged track I can live with that :) the quality from the audio is really bad I realized :D but for me it wasn't a critical point to don't post it(because its a raw recording jam).Also I dont like that clean produced techno thats just to boring for me. Different people different tastes:)I am thankful for ur comments

Mr.Dino
fake

Post by Mr.Dino »

snitch wrote:i can only more or less repeat what others have said already.
I think it has some really, very interesting elements in it but the whole thing sounds like its evolving and evolving and evolving but not really coming. If that makes any sense.

thats really truth but i guess its normal for a live jam with analog stuff, its hard to make a 'turning point' when u playing a lot of analog instruments.

nice job, theres some nice ideas and elements to use in there.

therottencircle
rescued

thanks mr dino

disect
Get a fucking avatar

Post by disect »

basicly what people are saying its muddy. Which means sounds are interupting eachother. THere's not much left for taste there, it's just too busy. But yeah, take the critisime and shove it people asses up by saying its just their opinion and taste. Want more feedback?

therottencircle
rescued

disect wrote:basicly what people are saying its muddy. Which means sounds are interupting eachother. THere's not much left for taste there, it's just too busy. But yeah, take the critisime and shove it people asses up by saying its just their opinion and taste. Want more feedback?
ouh thanks disect..
without you i didn't get it what they mean.
and now go back to your laptop and load some samples in :)
while listening to mr guetta..

disect
Get a fucking avatar

Post by disect »

therottencircle wrote:Also I dont like that clean produced techno thats just to boring for me. Different people different tastes:)
I think you're the one with a bad taste here. David Guetta might be more suitable for you, no?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Calm down folks.

If you don't want honest feedback, don't post your tracks, this part of the forum is not here for us to blow smoke up each others asses.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

disect wrote:
therottencircle wrote:Also I dont like that clean produced techno thats just to boring for me. Different people different tastes:)
I think you're the one with a bad taste here. David Guetta might be more suitable for you, no?
Eesh. Techno has a huge range of sounds and styles contained within it, many people might be fans of just minimal techno alone or you could have people who adore both Ansome and Porc style harsh techno as well as Abdulla Rashim style dub techno.

This guy just says he finds the clean style of techno to be boring to him, personally, but that everyone has their own opinion and taste - what's wrong with that? Why would Guetta style EDM somehow be more suitable to him? Everyone has the right to like what they like :)