Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett
Re: Looking for a mono module

Post by Boiled Egg »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:36 pm
]

Bugger, sounds like the guy sold you a lemon
Looks that way. He's just replied saying it has been like that since he bought it new and thought it was self oscillation. Sounds like he's trying to blag me but he has just admitted to selling a broken synth described as 'mint' in the listing.

Even my girlfriend noticed it was fucked.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Wha? It was described as mint? Fuck off.. not cool or nice.

Man.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

CubiK Mass
Alf Garnett

Post by CubiK Mass »

Behringer are about to start selling these for £555...The daddy of mono machines.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

Críoch wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:42 pm
Wha? It was described as mint? Fuck off.. not cool or nice.

Man.
He's accepted the return, but only after I rejected his offer to pay for it to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. I sent him a video of the filter, out of courtesy, and requested a return. He accepted, saying the filter wasn't that fucked when he had it and sent an inadequate return postage label for up to 2kg, the synth alone is 2.4kg.

He has 100% positive feedback and bought/sold several synths so can't decide if he is a chancer trying to stall me or if his a genuine dude having a bad couple of days. Will find out soon enough.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

CubiK Mass wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:31 am
Behringer are about to start selling these for £555...The daddy of mono machines.

That is a great price!

I like the idea of all these clones, bringing all these otherwise unobtainable synths to the masses, but I haven't been (that) tempted to buy one. If I had the space for something of this size I would probably make an exception for it.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

CubiK Mass wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:31 am

That's a bit steep for a christmas tree. Does it do the fade to black effect or just the naff hi-speed flashing?! ...

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

I'm going to resume my search now after spending a week long nightmare trying to send that fucked Erebus back to the seller. Turns out Royal Mail have completely lost the parcel and I'm now looking at losing my £350 and the synth.

Was wondering if anyone has managed to get hold of a Dreadbox Typhon? Looks really interesting, limited oscillator control but FX sound really good. Seems to have that big dreadbox sound and good price too.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Boiled Egg wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:59 pm
Turns out Royal Mail have completely lost the parcel and I'm now looking at losing my £350 and the synth
Was it not insured?
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:39 am
Boiled Egg wrote:
Turns out Royal Mail have completely lost the parcel and I'm now looking at losing my £350 and the synth
Was it not insured?
Not on the return trip. Seller paid for postage label but apparently it's still mine and courier's responsibility to make sure it's posted and gets back safely within 10 days. Royal mail managed to get it across the country to his town's delivery depot but then couldn't get it to his house. Royal mail is claiming the label must be damaged but they managed to scan it to update the failed delivery tracking info. Address was clearly hand written on the box too. Seller said he occasionally has difficulty with deliveries making it to him but his address checks out.

Spent an hour on hold to Royal Mail a few days ago to find out what was going on. Got told I'll 'get a call back later'. 2 days later and no call back. I spent another hour on hold before getting cut off without speaking to anybody. Spent a third hour on hold again yesterday morning to be told the original call was not even logged and they have no idea where the parcel is. Best guess is that it's on its way to Belfast to their holding office for missing parcels. This journey takes 10 days so don't bother trying to call again until next weekend.

Seller has 100% positive feedback on eBay, bought and sold plenty of synths and communication is good so it's likely that he's genuine. He claims the synth was fine when he sent it so that would imply the it was damaged in the post coming to me. This journey was insured so he might be able to claim for damage. The whole thing just stinks of incompetence and I have absolutely no faith that this parcel is going to turn up anytime soon.

eBay told me that once the 10 day postage period ends I'm at the mercy of the seller for what happens next regarding my money. Having said that eBay have given me conflicting info previous to this. Seller asked me to pay return shipping and he would send me the money. eBay initially said not to do this. He pushed on this point so when I spoke to eBay again they said this is the seller arranging shipping (as his is responsibility) so I need to do this or pay my own shipping. Seller sent money and shipping label through PayPal.

In hindsight I should have arranged the insured return shipping myself and just eaten the £25 cost. As it stands, my £350 is his in a few days and there's a faulty Erebus somewhere that may or may not arrive at mine or his address at some unspecified point in the future. Whatever happens I think getting a good outcome out of this is now unlikely. I'm also having a horrific time at work (social working during Manchester's covid outbreak) so need to consider my own wellbeing too. Dealing with Royal Mail and eBay is definitely not helping me right now so the sooner I accept that my money is gone the better it will be for me. If I get something back from this then great. £350 and a ball ache is a lot less than many people have lost this year.

I've never had an issue like this before but this is the first time I have ever bought a high price used item from ebay. I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

Anyhow, thought I would share this massive post so others don't make the same mistake as I have.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Never use royal mail for parcels.
Parcel monkey yourself a courier or use Parcel Force.
Things are more stringently tracked then.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:01 pm
Never use royal mail for parcels.
Parcel monkey yourself a courier or use Parcel Force.
Things are more stringently tracked then.
It's a mistake I won't be making again. I usual stick to Gumtree. View, test, pay or walk away. Much simpler.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Sorry to hear that, shit situation.

Hopefully the dude has some honour and will refund you something when it turns up.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

Boiled Egg wrote:
I'm going to resume my search now after spending a week long nightmare trying to send that fucked Erebus back to the seller. Turns out Royal Mail have completely lost the parcel and I'm now looking at losing my £350 and the synth.

Was wondering if anyone has managed to get hold of a Dreadbox Typhon? Looks really interesting, limited oscillator control but FX sound really good. Seems to have that big dreadbox sound and good price too.
i love my typhon. definitely a keeper.