Guitar Pedals

Hardware & Software Discussion // New Products & Advice
calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
Guitar Pedals

Post by calum666 »

Just finally got the home studio set up. Consisting on Macbook pro running live 10, ableton push 2, korg monologue, focusrite scarlett 2i2 and 2 krk rokit 8 and krk 10 sub, I have this running through sonarworks reference 4 to flatten out the frequency response of my krks. After years of doing most of my production on headphones I am loving finally being able to blast my tracks loud.

Anyway back to the point, I just had a look on amazon for guitar pedals to throw some external effects on my monologue. I see the behringer ones are going for like £18, very cheap. Has anyone used and have experience with these pedals. Are they worth buying or would you recommend spending a bit more on a better brand?

Thanks in advance :D

borg
Lifer
Re: Guitar Pedals

Post by borg »

I know there's one Behringer delay pedal that is supposed to be good, hence sought after. My only experience with Behringer pedals is not really positive: an octaver which didn't track all that well. Rubbish actually.
a recent discussion:
https://subsekt.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t ... al#p145473
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Some behringers are nice, I have plenty.

I did buy a bunch of pedals before just because theyre cheap, and ended up almost never using them.

I've got and regularly use:

DD600
DR600
US600

Sometimes use:

TM300
CL9

Rarely use:

UO300 (I found this octaver disappointing as well)
XD300
CS400

Back of the drawer and forgotten:

???

I would say for overdrive/distortion I now tend to prefer other makes than behringer, but there is nothing wrong with them per se.

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

I have an EM600 from Behringer which I do not use a lot, just because I don't use much hardware effects in general. I think the sound is pretty good for what you pay..

calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by calum666 »

Thanks for the replys. I'm going to order one then go from there. I'm sure it will be worth £20

InDefianceOfG
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by InDefianceOfG »

I'm personally a big fan of all these cheap clone pedals (Joyo, Caline, etc). You are getting pretty much the exact same sound/circuits as the pedals they are cloning. So whether to get them or not mostly comes down to ethics and reliability. I'm not going to touch the ethics question. But as far as reliability, people shit on the Behringer pedals because the enclosures are made from cheap plastic, so if you are actually using them in live situation and stomping on them like a madman, they probably don't last very long. But if you are going to use them purely as a studio tool, then that makes no difference.

I have yet to be disappointed by any of these pedals.

Revaron
reverse genius

Post by Revaron »

Behringer vd400 (bbd delay) is worth the money imo, and then some actually, I use mine all the time, the delay time is short and it's noisy, but every synth I've put through it sounds great. All the other Behringer pedals I've used have been pretty underwhelming though, gave all of them away bar the vd400. I've got quite a few Boss ones though, easy to pick up decent 2nd hand ones for not much more than new Behringer or similar cheapo ones. It's weird but I think they're so common that they get overlooked. Easy enough to sell on if you don't like as well.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Guitarists are always swapping and selling pedals. You can get some great deals on FB groups, Gumtree and so on.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Some more info on Behringer pedals:

youtu.be/ApJZa8yCMCQ

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

save all the 20's you will spend on these shitty pedals and just buy one $80ish secondhand distortion like a boss ds-1 or rat.
Lot of these cheapo pedals have a shitty digital sound or your lowend completely vanishes when you overdrive.
Secondhand market is huge for guitar pedals and at decent prices.
Yeah ok you have a really nice synth that you spent hundreds on and then you whack it through a piece of shit 20 pedal. save a bit more. buy a bit better.
Last edited by buffered on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

Revaron wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:15 pm
I've got quite a few Boss ones though, easy to pick up decent 2nd hand ones for not much more than new Behringer or similar cheapo ones. It's weird but I think they're so common that they get overlooked.
Actually Boss pedals are very well regarded and popular. There are loads of youtube vids paying tribute to them. They were are well priced and just really good. The JHS guy made this video which is a really good watch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6JYTbt0d4[/youtube]

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Just pulled the trigger on EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi (what name...). Should arrive in 2 days, so I'll let you know what I think. It seems like a nice pedal for kick drums, and mono synths. Thanks to inbuilt crossover, and blend knob you can preserve round lows. Though it seems it's on expensive side (I payed 125eur).