subsekt Strategies [The Oblique Strategies]

Interviews & Features // Stuff Of Possible Interest.
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: subsekt Strategies [The Oblique Strategies]

Post by Críoch »

Hi.. No I dont tbh :lol:
14-Audio 1 [2020-02-04 124805].zip
wuhan clan virus
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
But heres a zip with the before & after bassline thing so you have a general idea.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Críoch wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:12 pm
terryfalafel wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:15 pm
Use note events to write words in the piano roll to generate random midi patterns
Is that Logic?
I use cubase but the principle is the same in any daw

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Críoch wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 pm
Hi.. No I dont tbh :lol:

14-Audio 1 [2020-02-04 124805].zip

But heres a zip with the before & after bassline thing so you have a general idea.
That sounds awesome!

One thing I like to do is to listen to something outside of my cultural heritage - lately I have been listening to a lot of Caribbean music, not because I want to make Bossa Nova (or the other genres), but because they have a way of syncopating, which I find really wonderful, and is something I don't find in rock music for an example.

Jesse
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Jesse »

Recall watching an old documentary on electronic music. Guy said, half of creation is reduction, or something along those lines. This helps me out as I have a habit of having too much going on.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Actually the best tips I ever got are:

1) If you have a hard time understanding 'the best equalizer is no equalizer', then listen to a great classical record. Notice how you can hear all the melodies by the different instruments. This is a genre that basically had to instrumentalize their way out of EQ issues since the 17th hundreds. Try and replicate the way that some melodies can avoid clashing with others.

2) stand the fuck up! This is music that aims more for your body than your mind (it does not mean that minds have to be excluded... they just take a backseat!). I find arrangement to be much better if I 'dance them in', meaning I jam the arrangement from session view, while standing up.