Mixing process

Punxsutawney Phil's Shadow _ Contains 'A Best Of..' Selection Of Frequently Discussed Topics From THE HOLE
Esh
unsure
Re: Mixing process

Post by Esh »

kuba_rubacha wrote:Dont forget about gettin your room eq'd and treated before you even thinkin of proper mixdowns
....... can't imagine this is at all true unless you are a pro mastering engineer. you can learn the acoustics of a room without it being eq'd and treated. use reference material you know sounds good. and different reference outputs (shitty speakers, other headphones, your tv etc...)

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

I agree that a reference track is vital to get your perspective back after mixing for a long time. I tend to find a part of the reference track where all the action has kicked off and loop it for a few bars, so I can just get an instant reference at the click of a button.

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

gavisthename wrote:I agree that a reference track is vital to get your perspective back after mixing for a long time. I tend to find a part of the reference track where all the action has kicked off and loop it for a few bars, so I can just get an instant reference at the click of a button.
I do the same but i loop different parts of the reference track over different parts of my own so i can relate to it properly.