Industrial Philharmonics Sale all releases for ~35€

General Chat // Music Discussion
Sorglos
Pig
Industrial Philharmonics Sale all releases for ~35€

Post by Sorglos »

Disclaimer: I have no connections or anything with the label, but I just purchased it all and really enjoy listening to their releases.

The above mentioned label has a sale where you can get all their released stuff for around 35€.

They make dark industrial techno, Otin, Atze Ton, Comet have released some of their work there.
I believe they are not that well known and I think they deserve the attention

Considering you get 112 releases I think 35€ is a pretty decent price. They posted the code "industrialsummer" on their FB which gives you an addition of 50%.

You can find them here:
https://industrialphilharmonics.bandcamp.com/

If you don't want this post here I will delete it

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Industrial Philharmonics Sale all releases for ~35€

Post by Lost to the Void »

Sorglos wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:10 pm

They make dark industrial techno,
I fail to see what makes any of the music on that label industrial.

It's noisy, but lacks any of the experimentalism and outside the norm nature that the label industrial implies.

It seems these days any amount of distortion or clanking noises gets called industrial.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 pm
Sorglos wrote:

It's noisy, but lacks any of the experimentalism and outside the norm nature that the label industrial implies.

It seems these days any amount of distortion or clanking noises gets called industrial.

lmao so true, listen to a THGristle album + some modern doom metal. BUM they immediately start doing "industrial"
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Sorglos
Pig

Post by Sorglos »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 pm
Sorglos wrote:

A lot of that music sounds very similar, that is true. But there is also some interesting stuff there. The anchi-?? something lp in the 100-80 is a bit different.

Care to share your industrial favs? Would like to listen to some

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I would say barely any techno labeled as industrial comes anywhere near to being industrial as it is all very predictable, and the industrial ethic is to do that which is not being done. Or at least to subvert the norm.

Zhark Berlin is a label that can probably make the claim honestly.
Rodz Konez maybe too.

I've probably been in to industrial music longer than any other and most techno isn't experimental enough to be called industrial. I'm not sure how the name industrial techno even happened really.

I guess a lot of the rhythmic noise labels would be a place to look.

Just check out the stuff that Ant-Zen distribute, if you are genuinely interested in modern industrial.

I'm loving the stuff Huren is putting out recently. He's nuts.
New Shit

Sorglos
Pig

Post by Sorglos »

I always interpreted industrial in terms of raw, noisy, metal and monotonic. Like I would imagine an industrial factory where metal is produced and shaped.
Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Sorglos wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:52 am
I always interpreted industrial in terms of raw, noisy, metal and monotonic. Like I would imagine an industrial factory where metal is produced and shaped.
Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out

There you go, that's not what industrial means. People claiming to make industrial techno have caused that perception.
Industrial music became a term, Coined by Monte Cazzazza, to represent the artwork of a number of musicians and artists. They all shared a similar philosophy of outsider art, of challenging norms and taboos, but asthetically they were very different.
Coil for example sounding absolutely nothing like NON. One was folk influenced experimental psychedelic electronics, the other was pure abrasive noise.
Industrial doesn't have a sound, it is ANTI having a sound.

The famous saying as coined by Genesis P Orridge comes to mind.

"In punk, you just needed to learn 3 chords, and you could start a band, we said why learn any chords at all".

Throbbing Gristle themselves (one of the originators of Industrial) when realising people were expecting them to make confrontational noise, turned it all on the head and did the opposite with their album 20 Jazz Funk Greats, that was melodic and hypnotic.

Techno by it's very nature is quite formulaic, you could say it is actually antithetical to industrial music philosophy.

It have tried, throughout my music life recording as Voidloss (and a few anonymous names) to follow the industrial ethic by constantly changing what I do, but even I realise that the predictable format that dance music requires, makes it pretty much impossible to make "Industrial" Techno.
Industrial-ish or Industrial influenced is about the best I can claim, and even then it's more to do with philosophical approach than asthetics.
New Shit

starrk
beast

Post by starrk »

If that's the case, is there a more appropriate name for the raw, noisy, metallic and monotonic techno?

Seems like genres over time are fluid and can mean many things, though I will say I've found that annoying.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I would call it techno, because that is what it is.
And no genres aren't fluid, it's just that numpties starting calling non industrial music industrial because they had no idea about history. There was a strain of industrial influenced techno at the end of the 90s and beginning of the noughts, that had a closer relationship. It was mostly coming out of Integrate Musique distributers (partly owned by Regis).
It was fairly underground.
Years later people regurgitated that sound, in a watered down and more palatable way, and called it industrial because it was copying the industrial influenced techno sound from then.
By that point any connection to industrial music/art philosophy was long gone as it was just wagon jumpers.
New Shit

battleaudio
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by battleaudio »

Hi all!

Label owner's here.

Well now, i do not claim that the content of ours would "industrial techno".

Project provides underground techno music, which is preferred heavy and dark at us, but that's all.

Label's name contains the word 'Industrial" just because of the wordplay to create a more original name instead of the most typical name-givings like "Hard Dark Techno Recordings".

To be more accurate, 'Industrial Philharmonics' means something like the machines sound which work together, making steamy and metallic sounds and hits.
These noises - i have been working a factory and i still do - inspired me and resemble me to techno music.

I hope nobody mind that what i did do.

I just try to help underground producers and djs to get some spotlight, that's all.

Thanks for understanding.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Cool of you to drop in.
I get where Steve is coming from, industrial in the purest sense, but the term industrial is used now more as an aesthetic description (in my book it similar sounds to tobias schmidt, with lots of abstract 'machine-sounding' elements).
I guess it's just a bit of confusion between the use of the word "industrial" as a descriptive term vs. the original genre and what that genre represents ..

youtu.be/R6Ka2F2KVvk

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

They used to call that machine techno
New Shit