Push Turn Move - book on electronic instruments design

General Chat // Music Discussion
1nfinitezer0
Tiesto
Re: Push Turn Move - book on electronic instruments design

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

Lots of nice pretty pictures. Looks perfect for some rich kid's high rise apartment to sit next to all his high-priced trustfunded gear that is not covered in dust only because his cleaning lady keeps it immaculate. "oh yeah, I'm deep into EDM" {/cynical}

A history of the industrial design of these interfaces would be amazing though, but this doesn't seem like the product the nerds would wish for.

Also, if such a cleaning lady situation exists I hope she makes music on the downlow and has a bandcamp somewhere, because I would support her on principle.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

1nfinitezer0 wrote:Lots of nice pretty pictures. Looks perfect for some rich kid's high rise apartment to sit next to all his high-priced trustfunded gear that is not covered in dust only because his cleaning lady keeps it immaculate. "oh yeah, I'm deep into EDM" {/cynical}

A history of the industrial design of these interfaces would be amazing though, but this doesn't seem like the product the nerds would wish for.

Also, if such a cleaning lady situation exists I hope she makes music on the downlow and has a bandcamp somewhere, because I would support her on principle.
my cleaning lady literally begged me to relieve her of her duties regarding my studio many, many years ago...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Monreal wrote:This, I believe:

https://makingmusic.ableton.com/
Yep that's the one. Whilst I know most of what's in there already, I'd like to have a hardback book handy in the studio for inspiration and tips to flick to. Sort of like that book Brian Eno wrote that's something like 90 different ideas/short concepts or something, I can't remember the title at the moment.