'Why we DJ' - New documentary

General Chat // Music Discussion
Plyphon
endless
'Why we DJ' - New documentary

Post by Plyphon »

A new documentary talking about the mental and physical tolls of DJing, touring, and partying erry day.

I've not watched it yet, so it could be shite.

youtu.be/mFmfOSt2uCE

Plyphon
endless
Re: 'Why we DJ' - New documentary

Post by Plyphon »

It's alright - starts off a bit "DJs complaining" but digs deeper into anxiety, drug addiction, burnout etc with some quite candid bits from Ben Pearce and Erick Morillo.

Bit of a confusing message - 'it's not all its cracked up to be' juxtaposed with shots of glamorous girls smiling at the camera. I feel like they didn't get as much behind the scenes access as they would of liked so filled it with generic club shot filler.

Good 30 min watch/listen though

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It sounds like that book 'Superstar DJ, here we go'

Although that was more of a warning to would -be Dj's

It basically charted James Lavelle and Sasha into crippling addiction. And it reflects that Steve was saying about the odd thing of making 1000's of people dance, being high on all that energy, then being dumped in a hotel room alone, in a foreign city.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I quite liked the documentary.
At least it's people from the business talking about the serious negative sides of the international DJ'ing game...
Maybe I missed out and all of this has been said many times before, but I sure haven't seen it,
but then again, it's not like I follow a lot of the electronic music promo shit or anything.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

I'm not really sure who this is aimed at. The bulk of it is millionaire's moaning and the booking agent made a good point with "If I had a drink problem, I'd be expected deal with it."