Things I hate

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Things I hate

Post by jordanneke »

Pelecaras wrote:I hate drivers that tailgate me and I really hate that it's not easy to stop, pull them outta their car and knock seven bells of shit out of them.
I hated Obama and hated that everyone else seemed to love him.
I hate that I am covered in scars from self-harming.
I hate that young people now sing the names of politicians rather than telling them to fuck-off.
I hate that I'll never be a father.
I hate that I lost 3 stone while travelling but have put it all back on again.
I hate that I have bought a monologue but am not yet proficient enough to justify the purchase.
I hate that I lost a fight with my nemesis in junior school.
I hate that I drove away the only woman I have ever loved.
I hate that I'm only 6ft tall.
I hate that I shot a bird when I was 12.
I hate that I betrayed my best friend and I hate that he forgave me.
I hate that I don't stand out in the crowd.
I hate it when I DO stand out in the crowd.
I hate that all my techno sounds like shit.
I hate that I sold my decks.
I hate that I cut off my dreads.
I hate that having dreads nowadays is to be accused of cultural-appropriation.
I hate that I stopped skating and now I can't do any tricks other than to drop-in.
I hate that I have no talent.
I hate that I once fucked someone then just told her to leave.
I hate that I am not a genius.
I hate that I cry at King Kong
I hate that it takes a movie about a giant ape to make me cry.

wow, sorry, catharsis is addictive.

arkos

Post by arkos »

Lmfao Jordan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate.... Subsekt :?......

:mrgreen: Just kidding I don't hate anything these days, life's to short for hating on stuff.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

jordanneke wrote:
The_G wrote:I really hate how fucking easy it is for angry, resentful people to obtain guns in my country.
I predict that that absolutely nothing will happen, until someone shoots more, then nothing will happen.

The rest of the world will go 'meh, well that was 'unexpected'....'
Nothing is going to happen.

And to keep ranting, the same people who say owning an AK-47 is a "right" are the same people who say that access to medical care--including mental health care--is a "privilege."

It's getting harder and harder to see what I have in common with people who think like that. I realize this is an issue in every country, but it's just so stark in the US. Half of us want a country more like Europe and the other half want, I don't know, something between Mad Max and Iran without the robes and headgear.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote:

And to keep ranting, the same people who say owning an AK-47 is a "right" are the same people who say that access to medical care--including mental health care--is a "privilege."

It's getting harder and harder to see what I have in common with people who think like that. I realize this is an issue in every country, but it's just so stark in the US. Half of us want a country more like Europe and the other half want, I don't know, something between Mad Max and Iran without the robes and headgear.
I feel for you man, it's gotta feel like shit being surrounded by that much bullshit people. :)
you could consider moving to Canada.
They're raping the environment in a big way, but in general, things are better.

I've travelled through the states 3x, seen about 16 states or so.
I really, really love your country and it's nature,
but the lack of culture in many places, and by far, a LOT of the people there would make it impossible for me to ever live there. I would just end up in arguments with people all the time...
The stupidity of so many people there, usually combined with a very unhealthy dose of arrogance...
It baffles me every time. :|
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Hades wrote:
The_G wrote:

I feel for you man, it's gotta feel like shit being surrounded by that much bullshit people. :)
you could consider moving to Canada.
They're raping the environment in a big way, but in general, things are better.

I've travelled through the states 3x, seen about 16 states or so.
I really, really love your country and it's nature,
but the lack of culture in many places, and by far, a LOT of the people there would make it impossible for me to ever live there. I would just end up in arguments with people all the time...
The stupidity of so many people there, usually combined with a very unhealthy dose of arrogance...
It baffles me every time. :|
I don't presently live in the US. But I also love the US. It's a profoundly fucked up place but it's also full of great stuff and great people too. The bits where I've lived most people have values Europeans would recognize. People give a shit about the environment, want better public services, are private about their religion, have knowledge of stuff going on in the world, etc.

If it was a shithole I could just write it off and leave forever. But it's not. I know there are more of us sane and sensible types than the crazies. A lot more.

But the crazies are much more organized and are clever in how they manipulate the system. This is what bothers me most of all...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote: I'm quite pleased that in 7 pages of the same, we can appreciate a different sound.
you're right, everybody hates exactly the same, and we're all exactly the same.
Thank god you are different.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/28/the-care- ... s-5219000/

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote: The bits where I've lived most people have values Europeans would recognize. People give a shit about the environment, want better public services, are private about their religion
Not at the moment man, not where I live.
I honestly have no problem with people wanting to believe in something, though I personally have a strong aversion against any form of organized religion (and I have a theology degree), but like you say : I consider religion a completely private matter. Except it's gone all public here all the time... :|
The_G wrote: If it was a shithole I could just write it off and leave forever. But it's not. .
exactly. :|
It's been almost 20 years now since my last visit to Canada and the US, and I'm really feeling an urge to go back soon, though I want my kids to be older before I make another big trip over there.

I have always been convinced every European would learn a lot from traveling to the US or Canada and vice versa. Though Europe has a lot more culture and diversity, and the differences are very obvious, we are also a lot more alike than we'd like to admit some times...

As a teenager, I used to have a quote from Bono up in my room which said :
"America both frightens me and fascinates me, I can't get it out of my system"
That sums up my feelings for the country just perfectly. :)

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Oh yeah? Assume not in the Bible thumper way we have in the US? Or did I miss out on something? But yeah, I don't begrudge anyone their views--just don't force them on me. Don't assume I share them. And really we don't need to talk about it. (Not you, Hades...the proverbial book thumper.) I'm cool with anyone who is cool back.

On North America vs Europe, I have a particular perspective, as I'm half Swedish and half American. Like you, I figure everyone can learn something from the other one. Since I've lived in the US much longer than I loved in Europe, I tend to focus on the ways Americans could learn from Europe. But whenever I'm over there for an extended period I see it from the other side as well. (Since I live in Asia I'll pull that continent into the mix and say we can all learn from them and them from all of us.)

One small quibble...not sure I agree on the whole "more culture" thing. Europe has more history, but that's not the same as culture. US has looooots of culture. It's just new and often adapted and assimilated from elsewhere.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote: One small quibble...not sure I agree on the whole "more culture" thing. Europe has more history, but that's not the same as culture. US has looooots of culture. It's just new and often adapted and assimilated from elsewhere.
Well, let's just say I'm not saying US doesn't have culture, just that the numbers are in the advantage of Europe when you compare the two, and that when I think of US vs EU in one line, I think of mainly nature vs culture (which is of course, completely over-exaggerated). :)

When I was a kid, my parents dragged me around pretty much every interesting museum in Europe,
and I've seen too many old archeological sites than I care to remember.
If you get to the US after that, and never see a building that's older than say 200 years (rough guess),
or say, walk around a city like Brugge (Bruges for you culture barbarians ;) ) pretty often, and hear American tourists be all amazed about how old all these buildings are (not sure if you were ever in Bruges, but pretty much 80% of the central part of the city looks like it got time-machined straight out of the Middle Ages)...

Let's just say I like the expression the "old world" and the "new world",
except the old world hasn't stopped evolving ever since the new world got conquered by those hooligans and shit... ;)

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Gotcha. Guess I'm thinking more like a city versus a comparable city, or something comparable. US has a ton of culture, just not a ton of history. So everything is new, appropriated or adapted from elsewhere.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote:Oh yeah? Assume not in the Bible thumper way we have in the US? Or did I miss out on something? But yeah, I don't begrudge anyone their views--just don't force them on me. Don't assume I share them. And really we don't need to talk about it. (Not you, Hades...the proverbial book thumper.) I'm cool with anyone who is cool back.
my mrs is still quite religious, so we often have discussions about that shit here at home,
and I recently told her :
look, it's not people believing in these fairy tales that upsets me, tbh
(though it does get on my nerves how institutions just milk them out),
but it's the moment people that believe in any kind of religion start demanding (not asking, literally demanding) for all kinds of privileges that it totally gets on my nerves.

You know, when people that are gay or colored or from whatever minority group you could be in (where I live), start asking for equality, I can totally understand that, and I totally agree with them, because you don't ever chose to be gay, and the color of your skin is what you're born with. But they ask for equality, not privileges.
Unfortunately, where I live, the religious folks ask privileges all the time, while over here (not saying it's that easy all over the rest of our fucked up planet) you are totally free to believe or not believe whatever you want to believe or not believe in... It's a choice, and yet they demand privileges...
I find that very frustrating, and it's not helping people get along very well where I live... :|

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote:Gotcha. Guess I'm thinking more like a city versus a comparable city, or something comparable. US has a ton of culture, just not a ton of history. So everything is new, appropriated or adapted from elsewhere.
yeah, you're right about history not being the same as culture,
and maybe I'm over-focused on history (a personal weak spot).
But when is say, a building style, like say Gothic, and therefore many buildings that are built in that style,
just history and not culture.
In my opinion they are both.

But I'm probably splitting hairs here while I think we understand each other perfectly. ;)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Had the opportunity of moving to the states this year.
Chicago, multinational the missus works for.
I couldn't do it for many reasons.
Opportunity came again recently for northern California.
I love the country (as in the geography) but I couldn't live there, it's everything fucked up here run through an amplifier. Mrs didn't really want to go either, but it they were good opportunities... At least monetarily.

I actually really wanna get out of here too, but the only place I really want to go is Iceland, Europe is pretty much the same shit unless you head out to the edges.
The Mrs had another opportunity for us to move to China.... But fuck that, China is a mess.

It's the big smoke forever or Iceland for me.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate people that wear their sweaters over their shoulders.
It just always looks silly and as bourgeois as can possibly be...
If you're not wearing the thing, just throw it somewhere or make your mrs carry it around for you or something,
I mean, what else are "wimminz" for (apart from being cosy semen-recepients), right ?

Just half an hour ago, a guy opened the door while wearing his sweater over his shoulders,
which means he even fucking wears the god damn thing inside his house !!! :shock: :shock:
If he didn't happen to be the guy that repairs all my broken gear, I swear I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from laughing out very loud... :lol:

Pagan
Exampleless

Post by Pagan »

I hate the fact that my city was designed for cars instead of the humans living here.

arkos

Post by arkos »

Lost to the Void wrote:
I actually really wanna get out of here too, but the only place I really want to go is Iceland, Europe is pretty much the same shit unless you head out to the edges.
The Mrs had another opportunity for us to move to China.... But fuck that, China is a mess.

What? I had to read that twice to make sure I wasn't having a flashback.

Void have you seen the dumb fucks that vote the same god damn criminals over and over ?
It's 30% of the country who always vote those cocksuckers. It's like we are doomed to have those fucks in power for eternity.

Things are pretty fucked up here, prices for real estate has sky rocketed, the rent market crashed years ago (thanks Airbnb!), healthcare system has seen massive cuts, they are privatizing everything (to their families and friends), polluting factories pop up without no one having giving it a green light plus everything has become super super expensive.

Reykjavik our capital has been transformed into a metropolis in just a few years and is totally unrecognizable from what it once was. It's just hotels and restaurants...
Things here are surely heading for another massive financial crash as apparently we learnt nothing from the last one.

But other than that everything is fine :mrgreen:

I'd move to the east of the island, real nice people, plenty of work which usually is well payed for Icelandic standards anyways, can buy a house without getting into a lifetime of debts, beautiful nature with massive mountains everywhere, stress factor is zero, very few cars driving around and minimal pollution. The hell with Reykjavik...:shock:

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Hades wrote:
The_G wrote:Oh yeah? Assume not in the Bible thumper way we have in the US? Or did I miss out on something? But yeah, I don't begrudge anyone their views--just don't force them on me. Don't assume I share them. And really we don't need to talk about it. (Not you, Hades...the proverbial book thumper.) I'm cool with anyone who is cool back.
my mrs is still quite religious, so we often have discussions about that shit here at home,
and I recently told her :
look, it's not people believing in these fairy tales that upsets me, tbh
(though it does get on my nerves how institutions just milk them out),
but it's the moment people that believe in any kind of religion start demanding (not asking, literally demanding) for all kinds of privileges that it totally gets on my nerves.

You know, when people that are gay or colored or from whatever minority group you could be in (where I live), start asking for equality, I can totally understand that, and I totally agree with them, because you don't ever chose to be gay, and the color of your skin is what you're born with. But they ask for equality, not privileges.
Unfortunately, where I live, the religious folks ask privileges all the time, while over here (not saying it's that easy all over the rest of our fucked up planet) you are totally free to believe or not believe whatever you want to believe or not believe in... It's a choice, and yet they demand privileges...
I find that very frustrating, and it's not helping people get along very well where I live... :|
Agree completely. Everyone deserves to be treated equally, regardless of what social groups they fit into. But no one deserves special privileges based on what social groups they fit into. At least not in the kind of society I want to live in.

You're in Belgium, right? is there a verzuiling system like in the Netherlands?

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Lost to the Void wrote:Had the opportunity of moving to the states this year.
Chicago, multinational the missus works for.
I couldn't do it for many reasons.
Opportunity came again recently for northern California.
I love the country (as in the geography) but I couldn't live there, it's everything fucked up here run through an amplifier. Mrs didn't really want to go either, but it they were good opportunities... At least monetarily.

I had a similar situation with the UK and declined. Well, the pay wasn't amazing but it was solid. The opportunity was really good, though, in terms of career advancement. But I felt, if I'm moving abroad, I sort of want to move abroad, not just move from X to X2.

I'll always consider every opportunity, but right now the countries I'd be most interested in trying would be Switzerland and the Netherlands (always loved it in both places, never lived in either). Sweden as well but the endless winter nights are a hard sell for my wife. I'd look at extending in Singapore if the right opportunity came around, but it would have to be a really good one. I like it here but I miss California a lot.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

arkos wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

What? I had to read that twice to make sure I wasn't having a flashback.

Void have you seen the dumb fucks that vote the same god damn criminals over and over ?
It's 30% of the country who always vote those cocksuckers. It's like we are doomed to have those fucks in power for eternity.

Things are pretty fucked up here, prices for real estate has sky rocketed, the rent market crashed years ago (thanks Airbnb!), healthcare system has seen massive cuts, they are privatizing everything (to their families and friends), polluting factories pop up without no one having giving it a green light plus everything has become super super expensive.

Reykjavik our capital has been transformed into a metropolis in just a few years and is totally unrecognizable from what it once was. It's just hotels and restaurants...
Things here are surely heading for another massive financial crash as apparently we learnt nothing from the last one.

But other than that everything is fine :mrgreen:

I'd move to the east of the island, real nice people, plenty of work which usually is well payed for Icelandic standards anyways, can buy a house without getting into a lifetime of debts, beautiful nature with massive mountains everywhere, stress factor is zero, very few cars driving around and minimal pollution. The hell with Reykjavik...:shock:

The austere beauty of the east is what appeals to me. Hard rugged beauty, and an unearthly feeling, like you could almost not be on earth.
I either want the utter melting pot madness of where I am (I have a very strange relationship with London, it's like being in a doomed and dangerous but exciting relationship, you know it's wrong and it won't end well. There is misery and fights and torture, but the sex is fucking amazing and never the same twice, and no matter how far away you get, that powerful fuck draws you back, fucks you like the dirtiest sluttiest whore, fucks till you can't move.... And then kicks you in the balls......... Anyone who says they know or understands London is either lying, or just never really got their hands dirty and found the seething underbelly of raw chaos that drives it), or total alien austere beauty, a complete removal from the utter sick and beautiful mad ugliness of humans.... Maybe I just yearn to return to my planet.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote: You're in Belgium, right? is there a verzuiling system like in the Netherlands?
well, there used to be,
but that's not exactly the cause of the current problems.
And "verzuiling" must have been a lot worse in Holland because you have a lot of protestants next to the catholics over there. Protestant church in Belgium is almost non existent.
I could give you specific practical examples that my mrs has to deal with from time to time that would baffle you,
but this discussion would lead us too far, and the site owners don't like it when religion gets discussed.