What non-techno are you listening to right now?

General Chat // Music Discussion
illit_
Gazza
Re: What non-techno are you listening to right now?

Post by illit_ »

https://intlanthem.bandcamp.com/album/universal-beings

This has been my morning cycle to work album past few days. Really enjoyed a lot of it, first time I've found some jazz that I've been really in to. Lots of collaborators too so plenty more to find!

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

makaya mccraven is great. i saw him play at paradiso in amsterdam a while ago, pretty cool.

his latest album is a bit more laidback and melodic. I also like to the remake of that gil scott heron album he did, i hope it will stand the time beter than the jamie xx version :lol:

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

The first 39 seconds, over and over

youtu.be/OPfO97EpLRk

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

willemb wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:38 pm
The first 39 seconds, over and over

youtu.be/OPfO97EpLRk
Ooh I used to listen to this all the time - going to put it on again now! thanks <3

algo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by algo »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Fucking loads.
I`m a little bit old fashioned with my audio.
I have a fuck load of CD`s.
Hi fidelity, nice artwork, not as toxic as vinyl, fuck off alright.
We now have a car, and we have been going on little trips around the country to see shit. Nerdy stuff, standing stones, ancient history, geography.....
And I also bought the missus a smart telescope for her birthday, and we have to drive a fair way out of london to get dark skies..

So, the car has a multi CD player, so every trip we just grab 8 random CD`s from our joint CD collection (which we still add too, me and the missus both love music), and then we listen to music whenever we go out, and then wack in a new random 8 when we have done the last 8. We are actually getting through music at a fair wack, and are amazed at all the stuff we have, the cool shit we forgot about, and new shit we overlooked.

Of the top of my head recently we have done Ruby, The Young Gods, Underworld, Spiritualised, Depeche Mode, Bjork, Kosheen, Stabbing Westward, White Zombie, Thom Yorke, Electric Wizard, Kylie Minogue, The Cure, The Streets, Amyl and the Sniffers, The Delphonics, Tony Bennet, Sigur Ros, Lustmord, Soundgarden, Sleeford Mods, The Prodigy and Grace Jones.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.