What non-techno are you listening to right now?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Balog
crud
Re: What non-techno are you listening to right now?

Post by Balog »

The new MOOR MOTHER Album „Analog Fluids Of Sonic Black Holes“ is out.
Will have a Listen now. Love her early stuff. The new one sounds very strong so far.

IMO
One of the strongest female Artists of our Time.

Boomkat Product Review:
Building on the fierce reputation of her early albums, ‘Analog Fluids of Sonic Black Holes’ is the brutally transfixing 4th LP by force of nature, Moor Mother, featuring contributions from Justin Broadrick (Godflesh, Zonal), King Britt, Saul Williams, Giant Swan, and Bookworms...

Delivered with a booming, stentorian confidence, Moor Mother holds the listener’s gaze with frightening conviction of purpose, underlined by the ratchet strength of her Afro-punk-techno-blues-noise backdrops. Alongside guest input from poet/rapper Saul Williams and her fellow Philly native, MC Reef The Lost Cauze, Moor Mother holds darkness to light in a way that edifies and complicates the magick of her art.

In its detailed arrangements and penetrative focus, ‘ Analog Fluids of Sonic Black Holes’ resembles an immersive film sans the visuals, but the range of real and synthetic textures and timbres, coupled with Moor Mother’s central narration bring the music and her ideas to life in a way that visual languages may not fully be able to articulate so fully, while also leaving room for the listener to fill in their own gaps. She’s lost none of the rage that informed her first three albums, but here it feels more tempered and pointed than ever.

From the introductory portal/mental compression chamber of ancient sounding vocals, diaphanous synths and tightening, dissonant strings in ‘Repeater’, the album erupts across the first half, only to slow and crystallize into boulders and ash clouds. Warning flares come early with the bristling noise and wailing vocals of ‘Don’t Die’, and surges into gear with the exceptional Jk Flesh-like slam of ‘After Images’, the urgency of ‘Master’s Clock’ and the sooty rock and rolige of ‘Black Flight’ featuring arresting verse by Saul Williams. From here it runs slower, inward, pulled toward the black hole of ‘The Myth Holds Weight’ and the vice-like squeeze of ‘Sonic Black Holes’, resting the pace for her glaring vocals in ’Shadowgrams’ and the heaving slug of ‘Private Silence’, again recalling JK Flesh productions and making room for Reef the Lost Cauze, and a spirited resolution or recycling of they senses in ‘Passing Of Time.’

As we sit here writing in Manchester, which built its name as Cottonopolis, and thousands of miles from the US, there’s lots of food for thought when Moor Mother talks about her ancestors working cotton fields. We all share a history, but we only acknowledge a fraction of it. The visceral context and nature of Moor Mother’s music is vital in prizing opening ears and minds to history and the way it informs modernity.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Currently listening to the Mike & Rich - Expert Knob Twiddlers album. Mike Paradinas / μ-ziq & RDJ

Bought it years ago.. listened to it once & was very disappointed that it was not like Caustic Window / SAW / Classics etc..

Just wasn't fucked-up enough.

Anyway.. giving it another listen. Very impressive. Bit of MPC work going on I reckon. Lots of layers & off kilter use of breaks.

Some silly, jokey rythyms.. which I'm still not totally mad about.. but there's some really nice experimental stuff. They're definitely having fun with synths, samples & got a microphone from somewhere.

Funky stuff.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

buonacc
sad bastard

Post by buonacc »

Críoch wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 pm
Currently listening to the Mike & Rich - Expert Knob Twiddlers album. Mike Paradinas / μ-ziq & RDJ
haven't heard that in forever, bought the CD at least twenty years ago but sold it off at some point. for some reason i was a big u-Ziq fan when i was first getting into electronic music, i was really into that distorted (HR-16?) sound that he had on 'Bluff Limbo'. never did get much into Aphex Twin or any of RDJ's other projects, though i love the 'Analord' series. more of an Autechre sort of guy.

EDIT: wow, that first track brings back memories. i've probably got this whole album burned into my subconscious, i swear this first tracks pops into my head all the time with no idea where i've heard it.

Revaron
reverse genius

Post by Revaron »

Balog wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 am
Will have a Listen now. Love her early stuff. The new one sounds very strong so far.

IMO
One of the strongest female Artists of our Time
Yeah this is good, nice one. Heavy duty listening, no messing about here, it demands your attention. Quality stuff.

Balog
crud

Post by Balog »

Word!
Revaron wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 pm
Balog wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 am

IMO
One of the strongest female Artists of our Time
Yeah this is good, nice one. Heavy duty listening, no messing about here, it demands your attention. Quality stuff.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Can't wait to see them again this Saturday. But this time in a small venue. Yay!!!!!

youtu.be/eCj1p6kgItU
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mono-xID wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 pm
Can't wait to see them again this Saturday. But this time in a small venue. Yay!!!!!

youtu.be/eCj1p6kgItU
Oh man, I saw them play on the same night as Conan and Yob. So heavy.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

between stars
Onions

Post by between stars »

Mono-xID wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 pm

youtu.be/eCj1p6kgItU
Fuck yeah

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

I have really been getting into the irish/celtic traditional music. I like these patrick street guys. I look back at when I was living in South Africa, and english people over there never had anything like this. Their own folk culture I mean. We had two options embrace one of the non-english local cultures or adopt a foreign one which invariably was american. I suppose if you grow up in the midst of all this you most likely take it for granted. I notice that the english in England don't really have their own folk culture either. I suppose they've got it beaten out of them in successive invasions of brutal monarchies, barbarians, feudalism, ruthless class systems and capitalism particularly. I note the americans have inherited a lot of their musical style from the irish but they've customised it quite a bit. I don't like american country music at all and I can't stand hiphop, rap and heavy metal. I think it total rubbish. hile hitler!

In South Africa the afrikaans have something called saki-saki but it sounds almost identical to the german folk music; I peronally do not like it. Nor do I like the traditional african music; i mean jeff mills is all good and well but that's another story.

Anyway, besides all the cultural stuff this music is full of real fire and spirit which is in complete contrast to the horrible poisonous stuff the filth forcing down peoples throats over the radio and on tv.

youtu.be/PltA5woXKaA

youtu.be/0HkC4gmoJfo

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

this definitely hit me.
beautiful lyrics

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpy9OGV ... gs=pl%2Cwn[/youtube]
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

what the fuck changed in how to implement youtube video's here btw ?
cause posting the part after "v=" was what used to work,
tried it, didn't work, posted the whole link now.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

That new band from Berlin hit all my sweet spots with this:

youtu.be/8OF1Di8nDSw

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Hades wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:58 am
Hades :) ..welcome back! Just put that code in your videos url, coming right after the '=', in here: [ youtube ]code [ /youtube ]

Some friends of mine just released a new EP, hating christmas, rightwing politics and so on it. I love it so far! ..they choose to go a more 'pop' direction, while still staying true to their hardcore roots. It's one guy playing shouting and playing guitar and the other playing drums. They sound like if they were five. And they even made a shitty video from stock videos :lol:

youtu.be/Bz3-e0XXu8Q

https://ehrenmord.bandcamp.com/album/wendy-gewalt
:geek:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Root wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:16 pm
Hades wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:58 am
Hades :) ..welcome back! Just put that code in your videos url, coming right after the '=', in here: [ youtube ]code [ /youtube ]
let's try again then...

[youtube]pl%2Cwn[/youtube]

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

nope, doesn't seem to work.
full link is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpy9OGV ... gs=pl%2Cwn

I tried posting "mpy9OGVFJ1I&frags=pl%2Cwn" at first, didn't work.
just tried posting only the last part behind the 2nd "=" sign (see above), didn't seem to work either.

I am currently highly puzzled/dazed/confused :D

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Try this: mpy9OGVFJ1I

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

so basically everything after the "v=" but before the "&" ?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Root wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Try this: mpy9OGVFJ1I
thx man, I owe you a beer or two ! ;)

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Hades wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 pm
so basically everything after the "v=" but before the "&" ?
I think your videos url has been mixed with some more code than the youtube original one, tracking stuff from other pages. If you hit that 'share' button underneath, you'll get the clean url with the reference you're searching for. Beer sounds good :D