Cheesiest favourites

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Cheesiest favourites

Post by jordanneke »

OK you blacker than black, none more black motherfuckers

What tracks are your favourite utterly cheesy pieces of shit records that you actually like/liked.

I'm talking tracks that perhaps, because of *ahem* a flooding of serotonin, that you really enjoyed at the time, but are actually embarrassed that you like.

I'll start. Warning, it's fucking terrible, but....

2004/2005, listened to this while at Global Gathering, having had pete tong smash the shit out of it that Friday. I was very 'refreshed/ emotional'. It was awesome.

youtu.be/v0NSeysrDYw

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Cheesiest favourites

Post by jordanneke »

Oh yeah, forgot to say, you need to give some context!

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

I'm not even embarassed that i love this:

youtu.be/JDKGWaCglRM

When I used to be a member of an all city graffiti crew this was our song to drive through the city at night, searching for spots. Just three gangster guys, going to do some gangster stuff, listening to pink. :D
:geek:

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I always liked that Pink track. It's a good pop song!

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Overplayed and overremixed

youtu.be/wf720y5hec0

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

I've recently inherited an old friends, friends record collection. There is loads of 90's vocal house and club music sorts. This is amongst it all. Proper tune!full impact.

youtu.be/JnO5D3uLkM4
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Brenda wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 pm
I've recently inherited an old friends, friends record collection. There is loads of 90's vocal house and club music sorts. This is amongst it all. Proper tune!full impact.
I remember this well. I spent a lot of time (i.e. every weekend) in Midlands handbag house clubs, off my tits, dancing to some truly woeful shite. Had tons of fun doing it and wouldn't swap any of those memories for the world.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

youtu.be/zQ41hqlV0Kk

That was my friday anthem in my early 20's when taking a bath, taking some drugs, dancing around my flat and preparing for a loooooong clubbing weekend !!!! Whenever i came back to my flat on sunday with a hot chick for some McLovin', i played that über-tune again.

Roddy's best song, hands down...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Brenda wrote:

youtu.be/JnO5D3uLkM4
That was a choon back in 95/96.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I thought about posting some less cheesy ones but here's one that really hurts :D I was heavy into trance around 2007, in fact it was the first genre of music I really cared about, I was always getting annoyed at the song structures of radio music, I was like why can't they just loop this part? whenever I liked a song. Being a fourteen year old, the only accessible electronic alternatives were reaaally shittty mnml, hardstyle, jumpstyle (remember that one?) and electro house/indietronica (given that I was never really a guitar kid it just didn't appeal to me). Shitty trance sounded like Mozart to me in comparison. The most bizzare thing in retrospect is that from 2009-2010 I went from really shitty trance, to older prog, to hotflush style dubstep to Ostgut techno within the span of about a year.

youtu.be/oibO4ORizWQ

Same era, less cheesy, hard to be objective about it but apart from the shitty drums I still think it's a good track.

youtu.be/Y-7iHeHrqnY

starrk
beast

Post by starrk »

I'll second what dubdub said, pretty much anything by Ferry Corsten is a cheesy favorite

rsntr
Jan : )

Post by rsntr »

jordanneke wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:13 pm
OK you blacker than black, none more black motherfuckers

What tracks are your favourite utterly cheesy pieces of shit records that you actually like/liked.

I'm talking tracks that perhaps, because of *ahem* a flooding of serotonin, that you really enjoyed at the time, but are actually embarrassed that you like.

I'll start. Warning, it's fucking terrible, but....

2004/2005, listened to this while at Global Gathering, having had pete tong smash the shit out of it that Friday. I was very 'refreshed/ emotional'. It was awesome.

youtu.be/v0NSeysrDYw

Not trying to be cool here but this must be my most hated song of all times. Even worse than Barbie Girl. That whistled melody has such a strangely clumsy feel to me that it drives me nuts.

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

The vengabus every time. Floor filler!

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

I like this Sinclair track more. A bit less gay + the whistle bit isn't so bad :lol:
youtu.be/XpdpW0z9xnQ
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

s7ntax
pregnant

Post by s7ntax »

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

ross-alexander wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:38 pm
The vengabus every time. Floor filler!
FUCK YES.

Many many many alcoholic beverages consumed to that.

Ben Kohonays
Eclipsed

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Brenda wrote:

youtu.be/JnO5D3uLkM4
That was a class tune. The remix version with all the singing not so much.

I was in Ibiza for a month and partway through, a friend came over and brought a cassette of Pete Tong's show from the night before. This track was on it - I was instantly smitten, I owned the Herbie Hancock album 'Headhunters', and recognised the sample from it straight away. I thought it was a really good re-imagining of it, and pretty funky to boot. Sounds kinda cheesy now though.

youtu.be/BAm3LK_GOmk

And of course, no cheesy favourites thread would be complete without this:
(Builds like a skyscraper mix obvs)

youtu.be/3YTbfkdMO4M

Huge, epic, too much reverb and how off their tits were they when they recorded those out-of-time chords in the intro?
Those huge church organ stabs still get me going though.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

LV426
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by LV426 »

Not sure about this being the cheesiest I can remember liking, but one that definitely comes to mind is this classic banger ;)

youtu.be/fGH2VoYhXD0

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

youtu.be/btBSxtKzF6Q
Ohh memories, when i was ''studying'' in Lithuania, and most of my friends was alco lovers, and i'm only one was who was smoking weed and stuff :d, black sheep life

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

it must have been around '94.
A bunch of us were lucky enough to have a shed that we were allowed to use as some sort of club house.
It was a loose group of about 20 to 30 people, all teenagers,
and the parents of the girl that owned the place always just left us alone to do our thing,
which was basically drink lots of beer, and play loud music.

We had quite a few guilty pleasures back then,
this classic was one of them...
(hope the link works, looks a bit long)

[youtube]39YUXIKrOFk&list=PLyQYtBDMwqmMX-FUsJWNNmnpbpIWfaoC-[/youtube]

It would usually end with us guys stripping while the girls would go "oooooh-lala" and yell like crazy.
Many many years ago, in a local Zara shop, I once stumbled upon a similar shirt like the one he's wearing.
It looked pretty wrong (do those clothes ever look right ?? :lol: ), but at least a lot more decent than the one he's wearing, so I simply couldn't resist out of nostalgia...
I must have worn the thing maybe two days, one of those was when I had to go get my hair cut.
I still get the royal treatment from my hairdresser ever since that day, though I'm sure not as sexy as I once was... :lol: :lol:

ow the guilty shame...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa