T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancists

General Chat // Music Discussion
chava
You only live once
Re: T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancis

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:I think if techno is truly to be about equality then we need a more balanced representation.
So that means more right wingers, neo nazis, racists, bigots, homophobes and lgbt-o-phobes.
The techno scene is vastly under represented here. I mean, we've let the birds behind the decks now, and that's mostly stopped them moaning on and on and on, so now we need some more bigots etc, it's only fair.
It's all about equality innit.
So you're saying we need diversity of opinion instead of just DIVERSITY? Oh God, no!!

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

its like the scene has lost its P.L.U.R. the music/drugs used to pull people together. from all backgrounds, but maybe as time has gone on, some of that has been lost. dunno.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

chava wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:I think if techno is truly to be about equality then we need a more balanced representation.
So that means more right wingers, neo nazis, racists, bigots, homophobes and lgbt-o-phobes.
The techno scene is vastly under represented here. I mean, we've let the birds behind the decks now, and that's mostly stopped them moaning on and on and on, so now we need some more bigots etc, it's only fair.
It's all about equality innit.
So you're saying we need diversity of opinion instead of just DIVERSITY? Oh God, no!!
So you're saying you want everyone to think the same? Oh god, no!!
FUCK-WIT

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

My favourite Hardcore-Punk band once said: "NO TOLERANCE FOR INTOLERANCE"....

Spunk D'Void can fuck off and kudos to the people of Renate Club for canceling the gig.

Anti-Feminism and Anti-Muslim??? Really ???
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

To be more serious for a moment..

Mcinnes is a bit of a conundrum.

He actually makes quite reasonable arguments, I`ve seen him make some very very good and logical points, and also I`ve seen him say some stunning madness, he appears to support Tommy BovverBoy of the EDL, who is a titanic shitty dick, which is obviously woeful.
I actually think he might be just be trollin`the left.
I kinda think that needs to happen because elements of the left have lost the ability for critical thinking, to even be critical of themselves and stand back and actually see that in some ways they are advocating what that stand against. There is a tendency for lack of intelligent argument, effectively just shouting racist, avoiding what is being discussed, effectively putting their fingers in their ears.

I`m left I suppose. Some might even say extreme left, as an anarchist, but even I find some of the SJW madness on the left woeful, just blinkered and unreasoned.

So should Funk deblahblah be castigated for selling Proud Boy T shirts on his website? if that is the only reason to ban him (and not because his music is dull and irrelevant as shit)? I`m not sure. The T shirts are actually sorta funny, but the implication of association of Mcinnes is what people seem to have a problem with.

Has funk de bollocks actually done anything other than that to make people assume he is a bigot or homophobe or whatever he is being called? I don`t know the full story.

Obviously the promoters can book or cancel whoever they want at the end of the day.

I kinda think this is a lot of fuss over nothing particularly worthy of fuss.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Opnå
non reader

Post by Opnå »

Lost to the Void wrote:To be more serious for a moment..

I`m left I suppose. Some might even say extreme left, as an anarchist, but even I find some of the SJW madness on the left woeful, just blinkered and unreasoned.
I agree, when people start accusing a badly made sandwich of cultural approriation we've gone to far. I dont agree with a lot of the alt-right stuff but I must say the far left has been pushing too hard and caused this counter reaction.

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

wayfinder wrote:goddammit, the alt-right shitheads are already here
I'm not sure if this is aimed at me...if not I apologise but if it is then I feel the need to defend myself.

I'm afraid that you're wrong sir. I am not alt-right, I am not left, I am nothing. I have no views or affiliations to politics at all.
I am a human being that forms his own opinions about things.
I'm not anti-Muslim, anti-women blah blah blah, I'm anti-bullshit.

I hate intolerance and (unlike SJWs) that means intolerance period. People should be allowed to have whatever views they want. That is true freedom of expression.
What we have today is censored freedom of expression.

If bad coffee-man sells t-shirts for mcinnes, who really gives a fuck. Who has he hurt?
Has he inflicted violence upon anyone?
Has he incited violence against anyone?
He's been banned from playing and as voidloss says it's a fuss over nothing really.

This is the last I shall write on this matter cos all this topic proves is that you should never get into discussions about opinions.
FUCK-WIT

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Well the problem with the left is that it has the same non-think as the right.
People are treating ideas and ideals as dogma, just repeating stuff parrot fashion without looking at context, without really applying reason.

It`s not that things have been pushed too far, I mean at the heart of it, social justice is just about fairness.
Treat people fairly, let people be as long as they cause no harm etc

But when it goes beyond that, and itself becomes repressive, then the point has been lost.
New Shit

Opnå
non reader

Post by Opnå »

Lost to the Void wrote:Well the problem with the left is that it has the same non-think as the right.
People are treating ideas and ideals as dogma, just repeating stuff parrot fashion without looking at context, without really applying reason.

It`s not that things have been pushed too far, I mean at the heart of it, social justice is just about fairness.
Treat people fairly, let people be as long as they cause no harm etc

But when it goes beyond that, and itself becomes repressive, then the point has been lost.
Agree. The left's position as progressive is being diminished. It's like they have decided what the best ideas are and are now immovable on the subject. The emerging theme that left-wing ideals should superceed democracy for example is worrying.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Pelecaras wrote:
wayfinder wrote:goddammit, the alt-right shitheads are already here
I'm not sure if this is aimed at me...if not I apologise but if it is then I feel the need to defend myself.

I'm afraid that you're wrong sir. I am not alt-right, I am not left, I am nothing. I have no views or affiliations to politics at all.
I am a human being that forms his own opinions about things.
I'm not anti-Muslim, anti-women blah blah blah, I'm anti-bullshit.

I hate intolerance and (unlike SJWs) that means intolerance period. People should be allowed to have whatever views they want. That is true freedom of expression.
What we have today is censored freedom of expression.

If bad coffee-man sells t-shirts for mcinnes, who really gives a fuck. Who has he hurt?
Has he inflicted violence upon anyone?
Has he incited violence against anyone?
He's been banned from playing and as voidloss says it's a fuss over nothing really.

This is the last I shall write on this matter cos all this topic proves is that you should never get into discussions about opinions.
Everyone has opinions, granted, but free speech doesn't actually mean that you are entitled to vocalise those opinions. If you do vocalise things that you feel strongly about, then by all means, go ahead, but don't be surprised when there are consequences.

It's fucking up to the promoters discretion whether he want's to employ someone who supports (financially supports) a cause that they find abhorrent. Fair enough, I say

Free speech meant that you could say things about the government without the boots coming through your door. Free speech doesn't mean you are allowed to say shit against groups that you don't like.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Opnå wrote:

I agree, when people start accusing a badly made sandwich of cultural approriation we've gone to far. I dont agree with a lot of the alt-right stuff but I must say the far left has been pushing too hard and caused this counter reaction.
Nah, the alt-right comes from a place where being a white, straight guy was enough to guarantee that you were top of the pile. Now we have laws and shit which means that just being white, hetero and male isn't the same ticket to the top it once was. It's still a pretty good ticket, better than being black or female, or gay, but having been masters for so long, they are now upset.

I mean straight white women must now make up at least 5% of company directors... So I guess 'Proud Boys' and Hitler-lite are pissed at that.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

jordanneke wrote:
Free speech doesn't mean you are allowed to say shit against groups that you don't like.
Like the government?

It means exactly that, free speech.

Then problem is education. If people were educated enough (in terms of spiritual as well as classical intelligence) to be able to hear whatever people say and not let it effect them negatively then total free speech would not be an issue.

Then problem is, is that as a whole we aren't educated well enough, so things like hate speech can grip the minds of...well... The weak.

Otherwise we would hear hate speech, laugh at the fool speaking it, and move on.

Free speech needs to be free speech. You start download the slippery road of encroaching on it and we will all be fucked eventually.

Parts of the left have become so self righteous they don't see this and are essentially now standing against free speech... Or to put it another way... "Free speech, unless we disagree with it"...
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

jordanneke wrote:
Opnå wrote:

Nah, the alt-right comes from a place where being a white, straight guy was enough to guarantee that you were top of the pile. Now we have laws and shit which means that just being white, hetero and male isn't the same ticket to the top it once was. It's still a pretty good ticket, better than being black or female, or gay, but having been masters for so long, they are now upset.

I mean straight white women must now make up at least 5% of company directors... So I guess 'Proud Boys' and Hitler-lite are pissed at that.

I mean that pretty much plays in to what I am saying about the left shouting racism and thinking that's an intelligent argument?

I don't really advocate what McInnes is about, but his argument is a lot more complex than what you are declaring the proud boys thing to be. There is some of what you say in there, but there is absolutely lot more to it, and it's an argument worth engaging in, it's a discussion worth having, rather than shouting racism\sexism or whatever and walking away with fingers in ears.

I don't put the EDL in as alt right though, they are just standard extreme right wingnuts.
New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:

I mean that pretty much plays in to what I am saying about the left shouting racism and thinking that's an intelligent argument?

I don't really advocate what McInnes is about, but his argument is a lot more complex than what you are declaring the proud boys thing to be. There is someone what you say in there, but there is absolutely lot more to it, and it's an argument worth engaging in, it's a discussion worth having, rather than shouting racism\sexism or whatever and walking away with fingers in ears.

I don't put the EDL in as alt right though, they are just standard extreme right wingnuts.
I'm in no way advocating that there shouldn't be a conversation. Indeed quite the opposite, there has to be conversations with people or else we end up with the far-right and the far-left.

If I'm honest, I don't know too much about proud boys, but what I've heard doesn't make me think highly of the group, plus a lot of the racist shit on their FB page makes me think I'm not really their target audience, more likely just their target.....

But on thing that resonated was that the group is “Western chauvinists who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world"....

Really, they created the modern world. I missed that part where they had a hand in all of that. Looks like the same bullshit nationalism to me.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Free speech doesn't mean you are allowed to say shit against groups that you don't like.
Like the government?

It means exactly that, free speech.

Then problem is education. If people were educated enough (in terms of spiritual as well as classical intelligence) to be able to hear whatever people say and not let it effect them negatively then total free speech would not be an issue.

Then problem is, is that as a whole we aren't educated well enough, so things like hate speech can grip the minds of...well... The weak.

Otherwise we would hear hate speech, laugh at the fool speaking it, and move on.

Free speech needs to be free speech. You start download the slippery road of encroaching on it and we will all be fucked eventually.

Parts of the left have become so self righteous they don't see this and are essentially now standing against free speech... Or to put it another way... "Free speech, unless we disagree with it"...
The problem is as you said, education.

If I stood up and cleverly suggested that I could solve this proud country's problem by shipping all the 'insert name of people we hate now', who btw are the reason that this country is no longer great, off to the East. Once they are off, we'll make them disappear

What percentage of the country would vote for me? You and I both know that given the right economic circumstances, a fuck ton would lap it up.

Well, I couldn't say it, we'd get you to say it.

Should we allow people that freedom of speech? Where does freedom of speech end and racial hate begin? Should we allow people to say absolutely anything without legal repercussion? Of course not. But a line has to be drawn.

On the other side, people should be encouraged to converse and air their view without being scared to be called 'scum'. If not then all this hate seethes underground in pubs, mosques, Trump rallies etc.... and we all get fucked.

[Ø]
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by [Ø] »

FUNK D’VOID MULLS LIBEL CASE AND ENCOURAGES PUBLIC ACTION

JULY 31, 2017
FUNK D’VOID’S LINKS TO THE ALLEGED ‘ALT-RIGHT’ PROUD BOYS MOVEMENT WERE OUTED BY PULSE RADIO AND RESIDENT ADVISOR LAST WEEK, LEADING TO A HUGE OUTCRY ON SOCIAL MEDIA. IN THE WAKE OF THE ATTACKS, WE WITNESSED A HUGE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT FOR THE OUTSPOKEN SCOT, WHO HAD NEVER BEEN CONTACTED FOR HIS SIDE OF THE STORY. INTERESTED TO LEARN IF THE STORIES HAD MERIT, WE TOOK SOME TIME OUT WITH FUNK D’VOID TO GET HIS VERSION OF EVENTS.

Funk D’Void, it’s been a brutal couple of days for you. As is often the case in witch hunts like these, the ‘accuser’ is often the winner on social media, as some people are quick to form judgements based on what everybody else is saying, and don’t take time to research the facts. For those who aren’t aware, can you remind us what this was all about?

Funk D’Void: I had a couple of Berlin clubs cancel my bookings after calls were made, following articles that were published about a few T-Shirt designs I had on my online store.

We noticed you’ve removed the Proud Boy T-Shirts from your Funks Tees store. What made you decide to do this?

Funk D’Void: The general consensus is they’re alleged to be a racist organisation. I don’t believe in racism so I don’t want to be associated with them if that’s the case. I’m not a homophobe, transphobe, sexist or a bigot either. I’ve been in the scene a long time (i’m 46!) and have always lived by the values of house music.

Thanks for confirming that but the question is on everybody’s mind, if that’s the case, why did you decide to get involved with them and make the shirts in the first place?

Funk D’Void: It seems the perception of the Proud Boys’ mission has mutated beyond what I was initially lead to believe. They were supposed to be an ‘inclusive’ American frat boys group who were ‘accepting’ of anyone who believed in western values. The group was founded as a way to get young people off the couch and give them a bit of confidence. They take their name from “Proud of Your Boy” which is a song from Disney’s Aladdin stage-show FFS! So it all seemed fairly innocent. Yet following those articles last week, things seem to have kicked off, with people branding them an ‘alt-right’ movement. The ‘alt-right’s not my thing and that’s certainly not what dance music’s about. I love what I do and I live by strong values, so I don’t want be associated with anyone who has a stigma like that.

What do you have to say to all the people you’ve offended?

Funk D’Void: I’m sorry for disappointing my fans and anyone that was hurt by this. I made these items a while ago and spared no thought to what this group had become or how they would be perceived.

Yet whilst i’m really sorry about this whole incident, I really believe we need to tackle the power of the press and the political correctness that’s invaded our scene. It’s really gotten out of hand, especially in Germany. Real ‘Tolerance’ is about putting up with things you don’t agree with too.
We know you’re no stranger to controversy. Tell us about some incidents you’ve been involved in from the past?

Funk D’Void: I tweeted this to Calvin Harris and made a t-shirt with these very words that he called me.

Last year I made a “Make Berghain Great Again” t-shirt and had to take it down after they (politely I might add) asked me to.

Also I made a “Downloaded For R.Whoretits?” shirt and got a lawyer’s letter asking me to cease and desist with the use of that design too.

So why do you like being controversial?

Funk D’Void: I love designing, it’s something that inspires me; sometimes more than music these days. I have a punk attitude to my work and designs. I also love taking the piss and winding people up. I come from an era where it’s okay to do that and i’m enjoying my freedom of speech while I can. The scene’s gotten way too serious these days. We need to have more fun!

It seems public ‘witch hunts’ like this are becoming all too common in dance music these days.

Funk D’Void: The only winners from these things are the webzines that survive and thrive on this kind of traffic. I have lost a lot of fans and respect over this debacle. It’s been a draining and exhausting few days.

We have to start fighting back against this kind of totalitarian discourse. With great power is supposed to come great responsibility, yet there’s completely no oversight for sites like these. Right now, they have the power to destroy people’s lives and careers with a click of a button. In my case, they’ve become the judge and jury, without a trial. It’s absolutely ridiculous!
Would you consider suing them for defamation of character?

Funk D’Void: If I had the money to do it I would. T-shirt businesses at my level don’t bring in much revenue. As with my music… I do it for the love. I think everybody does in the underground these days.

What needs to change?

Funk D’Void: The gutter dance music press needs to held accountable. Boycott them or fill their comments with disapproval. Use the free speech you have left to try and turn the tide.
Wouldn’t we be better off turning our attention back to the music and letting that unite us instead?

Funk D’Void: I wholeheartedly agree.
https://change-underground.com/funk-dvo ... ic-action/

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

jordanneke wrote: Should we allow people that freedom of speech? Where does freedom of speech end and racial hate begin? Should we allow people to say absolutely anything without legal repercussion? Of course not. But a line has to be drawn.
Well.... Yes I think people should be able to say anything.
There is libel but again, in most cases it`s bullshit.

I absolutely think people should have the right to say what they think, if they want to say "niggers are blah blah, or all queers should be castrated" or whatever hateful shit.
Them not being able to say it won`t stop them from thinking it.

Of course they shouldn't be able to act on it. I mean going out and castrating homosexuals, yep, lock the fucker up.

I mean we should be able to deal with that kind of stuff as evolved intelligent humans right?
Of course it`s not nice, but people aren`t nice.
It is of course entirely right that people should then look at said hateful bigot and point out the fallacies in their statement, or simply say to themselves "ok, there goes a bigot, shan`t deal with him in the future", and then to go tell all their mates "so and so is a bigot, don`t work with him" or whatever.

We can`t legislate against people saying shit we don`t like, because when we do, that`s the beginning of something very very dangerous.

We can argue against the behaviour that gives rise to hate speech, and try to deal with that, to educate and inform, even to empathise, a lot of these people have the hate in them because they are hurting, or afraid, that`s what we do to deal with hate. Prohibition never works.
New Shit

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Lost to the Void wrote:
jordanneke wrote: Should we allow people that freedom of speech? Where does freedom of speech end and racial hate begin? Should we allow people to say absolutely anything without legal repercussion? Of course not. But a line has to be drawn.
Well.... Yes I think people should be able to say anything.
There is libel but again, in most cases it`s bullshit.

I absolutely think people should have the right to say what they think, if they want to say "niggers are blah blah, or all queers should be castrated" or whatever hateful shit.

Of course they shouldn't be able to act on it. I mean going out and castrating homosexuals, yep, lock the fucker up.

I mean we should be able to deal with that kind of stuff as evolved intelligent humans right?
Of course it`s not nice, but people aren`t nice.
It is of course entirely right that people should then look at said hateful bigot and point out the fallacies in their statement, or simply say to themselves "ok, there goes a bigot, shan`t deal with him in the future", and then to go tell all their mates "so and so is a bigot, don`t work with him" or whatever.

We can`t legislate against people saying shit we don`t like, because when we do, that`s the beginning of something very very dangerous.

We can argue against the behaviour that gives rise to hate speech, and try to deal with that, to educate and inform, even to empathise, a lot of these people have the hate in them because they are hurting, or afraid, that`s what we do to deal with hate. Prohibition never works.
A true voice of reason!!!!
FUCK-WIT

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:

Problem is is that we end up with people like Anjem Choudhary, who are way smarter and manipulative than the ostracised youth that blindly follow him. Following that train of thought, we've had to wait for quite a few people to die, before he was silenced.

Yes, in a perfect world people should in theory have complete free speech, like in a perfect world prohibition should be ended, but it can't occur without some massive framework being put in place to stop the 'weak' falling through the cracks and being exploited.

Ie, drugs couldn't be legalised tomorrow without some huge spending on education and social services.

So whilst we're still not quite there yet as a society, I agree with some checks and balances with what people are allowed to say. ie 'Kill all those......', because someone will follow those instructions.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Have to agree with Jordanneke, the world just isn't ready for brutal honestly if only just because of the way we are wired as a species.

The idea of true free speech is great, and we should aspire to keep it as free as possible.
Though there are just too many idiots ready to be exploited. When people have a gut feeling they aren't able to articulate, and someone eloquent comes along to amplify this feeling, that's where things get out of hand.

Human herd mentality can be really scary like that, at some point there has to be a regulating force to prevent evil fuckers from gaining traction over others/building a following by amplifying grains of truth and decorating them with all sorts of madness.
how far do you want to go