Why don't girls like techno?

General Chat // Music Discussion
chava
You only live once
Re: Why don't girls like techno?

Post by chava »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
chava wrote:According to reddit the amount of his fanbase that describes themselves as alt-right sits at around 2%, so your numbers are a little bit off.
While Reddit, 4Chan and wherever the fuck else might have their minute differences, when you talk about "curing feminism" it's all the same ball park in the real world.
Reddit is huge. It is not a hideaway for extremists.

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

chava wrote:For the feminists still left in this thread. This will cure you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
Man, that's an interesting interview. He unbolts Cathy Newman's whole world and lays the parts out on the table in front of her. All she can do is invent a version of him that she disagrees with to avoid confronting such sound arguments. Cognitive dissonance in action.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

chava wrote:Reddit is huge. It is not a hideaway for extremists.
While it's traffic and and volume of data is large, it is most certainly on the fringes of what would be regarded as the mainstream internet and certainly society.

As for everyone else and the other post, Channel 4 News is where people go to get the latest information about the economy, trade deals, and the days events in UK parliament. They don't bring people in to shout over each other, have celebrity trolls or do ownage, "liberal agendas" and the ludicrous conspiracy theory that is "cultural marxism"

They have features where they bring in perhaps contentious or challenging guests but the usual remit is to let that person speak as much as possible but throw in a few curve balls to prevent that slot being pure promotion. I'm not huge fan of Cathy Newman but in this clip, she simply did her job. The same as I seen her do in a hundred other interviews whether they are genuinely left or right wing (based on views regarding capital), social identity or even a media celebrity.

So yeah, while the online culture wars (red pill, gamergate, alt-right, MGTOW etc etc etc) corners bubble on in their own eco-systems it's all fairly insignificant in the real world.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
So yeah, while the online culture wars (red pill, gamergate, alt-right, MGTOW etc etc etc) corners bubble on in their own eco-systems it's all fairly insignificant in the real world.
Tell that to Steve Bannon.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

chava wrote:Tell that to Steve Bannon.
Breitbart? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
chava wrote:Tell that to Steve Bannon.
Breitbart? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly. And the more the "left" keep ignoring that these viewpoints the more they will spread. If the left had any sense it would have seen this coming if it bothered to look out the mainstream bubble and in to "fringe" media. .

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

chava wrote:Exactly. And the more the "left" keep ignoring that these viewpoints the more they will spread. If the left had any sense it would have seen this coming if it bothered to look out the mainstream bubble and in to "fringe" media. .
See what coming exactly? The "rise" of a couple of bullshit spinning websites that exist only to send out begging emails every 2 minutes? 90% of the traffic, the comments and social media accounts are all fucking bots. I've even pondered getting in on it myself as an earner but it'd be like running an EDM blog. This is time I'm not getting back.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
See what coming exactly?
Trump, Brexit, AfD, Generation Identitaire, rise of Authoritarianism in Europe. Fringe media/people/bloggers can have a huge effect.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

chava wrote:
[wesellboxes] wrote:
See what coming exactly?
Trump, Brexit, AfD, Generation Identitaire, rise of Authoritarianism in Europe. Fringe media/people/bloggers can have a huge effect.
Precisely, as the left and the right move further and further apart, the world is driven more and more by extremes, extreme groups and viewpoints.
We see this all over western politics now.

Dumb fucko`s didn`t see it coming though, even though it was like a giant fucking freight train painted day glow orange with a 180db Klaxon horn sounding constantly...
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:
chava wrote:
[wesellboxes] wrote:
See what coming exactly?
Precisely, as the left and the right move further and further apart, the world is driven more and more by extremes, extreme groups and viewpoints.
We see this all over western politics now.

Dumb fucko`s didn`t see it coming though, even though it was like a giant fucking freight train painted day glow orange with a 180db Klaxon horn sounding constantly...

totally agree with the above,
though frustrating part I currently find,
is people trying to shove you into exactly that giant freight train,
just cause you might agree 3% with what they say and hate all of them for the rest...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

currently a centrist position means both sides think you are with the opposition.
Fuck the left and fuck the right.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I've always felt so much left for pretty much all my life,
so yeah, I'm used to the right ass fucktards to look at me as some sort of lefty,
but I never had the lefties considering me as some sort of right ass prick...
that did came as quite a shock to me...

but yeah, if "center" is where I am supposed to be,
to me, currently, center feels like at least some people using common sense... :)

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

chava wrote:Trump, Brexit, AfD, Generation Identitaire, rise of Authoritarianism in Europe. Fringe media/people/bloggers can have a huge effect.
Do you honestly think the financial might of the global economy is going to bow down to fucking bloggers and bots? Trump is a puppet, a shit show carnival side act and the best distraction in the last 30-40 years that allows relentless capitalism to march on. If you seriously think Apple, Amazon, Bank of China and HSBC are looking at /pol/ then you're as deluded as the flat earthers.

Brexit has been entirely pushed through at the bequest of a handful billionaires who want to clean up from the UK PLC fire sale that will inevitably follow. If anyone swayed public opinion it was Murdoch, individuals Tories (i.e. these billionaires) and to extent the likes of the BBC and Channel 4 who inadvertently had to cover "all sides". The last UK election proved what a rainmaker Mercer and his "expertise" actually was, the Tories wasted millions in cash.

You are fuck all, I am fuck all and the shit niche of websites you keep chatting about is most definitely fuck all. I can accept there's bumps in the road and certainly am not extolling some kind of the Rothchilds own everything bollocks, but at the same time the chaos of the world is definitely restrained by the financial hegemony or our governments and major corporations.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Just another day at the IMF - Papua New Guinea have submitted a lengthy request for loan restructuring on the 3 trillion they already owe. They plan to secure a portion of this on the back of their sovereign wealth fund plus their GDP export forecasts for the next 5 years are solid and initial market indicator suggest they are achievable.

Good stuff, well before we commission our Harvard educated finest economic minds to do the feasibilty on all this, lets check out what that cunt Milo is saying on YouTube today before we make a decision.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

confessions of an economic hit-man

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

[wesellboxes] wrote:Just another day at the IMF - Papua New Guinea have submitted a lengthy request for loan restructuring on the 3 trillion they already owe. They plan to secure a portion of this on the back of their sovereign wealth fund plus their GDP export forecasts for the next 5 years are solid and initial market indicator suggest they are achievable.

Good stuff, well before we commission our Harvard educated finest economic minds to do the feasibilty on all this, lets check out what that cunt Milo is saying on YouTube today before we make a decision.
You get that think tanks influence a lot of the decisions and policy of organisations like the IMF, WTO etc right?
These think tanks get invited in to host talks with the IMF, and some of these think tanks have direct connections to their relevant, increasingly extreme wings.
People like Peter Soros, as an example, who finances certain think tanks, some of those think tanks are pushing government policy, some of Soros money also supports Liberal Conservative Bloggers and so on, people like Milo twaterloppolus (though not him in this case).

It`s all intertwined, it`s precisely how divide and conquer works, pushing people ever further left and right.
Putting the sexes against each other, the races etc... Of course it`s all done under a "progressive" banner.
As people are divided further, they turn to these more divisive media outlets for opinion. And then in turn the mainstream media, due to the attention they are getting, gives a voice to these "extremes", and validates them.
New Shit

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Hades wrote:confessions of an economic hit-man
I wish, I'm broke. :D There's a difference in between knowing how the game is played and having the lack of heart in how to play it.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Lost to the Void wrote:You get that think tanks influence a lot of the decisions and policy of organisations like the IMF, WTO etc right?<snip>

I'm drunk, it's late, you're talking arse.

I'll pick up your points tomorrow but answer your emails.

A cracking job as always btw *doffs cap*

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

[wesellboxes] wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:You get that think tanks influence a lot of the decisions and policy of organisations like the IMF, WTO etc right?<snip>

I'm drunk, it's late, you're talking arse.

I'll pick up your points tomorrow but answer your emails.

A cracking job as always btw *doffs cap*

No I'm not

From the IMF website.
At the global level, the IMF’s engagement with CSOs takes a variety of forms, including:

contacts between IMF management and CSO representatives, in both small meetings and larger forums;
public consultations on the Fund’s policy and strategy papers;
meetings and seminars with IMF staff—and Executive Directors—at Fund headquarters and worldwide on specific policy or country issues;
invitations by the IMF to contribute to reviews of its policies, by attending seminars or by providing comments to papers posted on its external website;
a Civil Society Policy Forum organized jointly with the World Bank, which runs in parallel with the Annual and Spring Meetings of the IMF and World Bank. Sessions cover a wide range of topics, most of them organized by CSOs themselves; and
participation in the CSO Fellowship Program during the Annual and Spring Meetings.
The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) also maintains regular contacts with CSOs, which have been among the most active providers of feedback, comments, and suggestions to the IEO’s evaluations.

In individual countries, engagement with CSOs takes several forms. The IMF Managing Director regularly meets with CSOs when she visits a country. Staff surveillance missions make a point of meeting with CSOs—for example, labor organizations and think tanks. In the context of program design and negotiations in low-income countries, missions often meet CSOs that are engaged in the consultative process of preparing poverty reduction strategies. And IMF resident representatives routinely engage in outreach to CSOs.
Civil Society Organisations include think tanks.

Now go look at some of the think tanks they have had repeated meetings\discussions with.

Then look at the boards and funders of these think tanks.

Said think tanks also have had meetings with various members of various governments.

Loads and loads of policy comes from think tanks, both governmental and financial.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
Hades wrote:confessions of an economic hit-man
I wish, I'm broke. :D There's a difference in between knowing how the game is played and having the lack of heart in how to play it.
You're not fucking broke, you said so yourself you made sure you had a decently paying job. :D
I'm the one waiting to start with an ICT course, having to survive on a minimum,
and being at that point where I have to sell gear again to give me some more breathing space...
(but I am in no way complaining, trust me, many people are far worse off than me)

And I'm glad to hear you lack the heart to play the game. I lack the heart to even do the bare essentials from time to time.

Actually, apart from joking, I was also referring to the wonderful book with the same title, written by John Perkins.
(msl recommended it here when the crisis in Greece was so huge and we had a serious topic about that here on subsekt)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessio ... ic_Hit_Man

In short : he describes how people like him were hired by big corporations to go to countries with resources.
they offer them a far too positive economic development plan if they do certain innovation works,
and then borrow them money on the condition that those innovation works
(better sewer systems, better power plants, better roads, whatever) are done by those companies or daughter companies from those same big players.
Obviously, after a while, those countries can't pay off their debts, and then they come in and scavenge their resources.
The people like the author of the book were the economic hit-men,
if their job fails, they send in the jackals, who try to kill the people in charge.
Kill the president or overthrow the government or...
If those people are too well protected, they simply start a war.

It's a thing that's been going since the 60's, if not even earlier.
They give many examples. (one of them was even in Iran at the end of the 50's if I'm not mistaken)
One of them was Panama, who obviously has the most valuable piece of real estate in the world,
at some point, they urgently needed to expand the channel,
and since Japan is in effect the biggest user of the Panama channel,
they were on the verge of signing a deal with a Japanese company to do the works.
So they even invaded Panama to take control again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... _of_Panama

No don't be misguided and think this is only a USA practice or anything because of the above link.
It has nothing to do with countries, just big corporations taking control of everything.
[wesellboxes] wrote:You are fuck all, I am fuck all and the shit niche of websites you keep chatting about is most definitely fuck all. I can accept there's bumps in the road and certainly am not extolling some kind of the Rothchilds own everything bollocks, but at the same time the chaos of the world is definitely restrained by the financial hegemony or our governments and major corporations.
I won't go into the websites cause I'm simply never on those sites, I usually prefer to read up on history from more reliable sources.
Now, I am not saying those sites can not provide valuable info yes or no, simply that they can be used more easily as a tool to influence public's opinion on things.
Just like pretty much 90% of today's media in general (a number based on my personal opinion, not on facts).
Like you said, I don't believe it's all the Rothschild's, but yeah, there definitely is a class of über-elite rich folks that are the puppet masters.