Vinyl in the heat of the summer

General Chat // Music Discussion
Root
BANNED
Vinyl in the heat of the summer

Post by Root »

Hey there, do some of you dj as well? Well, maybe you can help me out.. There it is, my silly question: I'm gonna play at a festival in a few weeks and somehow am concerned about the sun melting my vinyl :mrgreen: ..i'll be on an open field for over a week and it happened once to me, that vinyl got deformed in my car. Any suggestions what to do, to prevent this happening? Or is my conern not appropriate and i don't have to worry? I would be fun playing a set with just salad bolws on the decks. :lol:
:geek:

Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Vinyl in the heat of the summer

Post by Hades »

Man, chances are big you'll probably almost find more people here that DJ than people that don't. :)

I once wanted to buy a Kate Bush record on a flee market where there was a professional vinyl seller with a big stand.
The record was bent, so I didn't buy it. He said it was because it had been the first record of the box and had been standing in direct sunlight on another flee market he was at a few days earlier.
Anyway, the guy said : "no problem, just give it to me, I can get any bent record back straight"
He told me he just put it in his oven, between 2 very heavy pieces of steel and gave it some time.
Now, I can't remember at what temperature and for how long of course,
so if you want to give this a try at home, please don't hold me responsible if things go wrong ! ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa