Can't produce on Prozac

General Chat // Music Discussion
Pelecaras
Lifer
Re: Can't produce on Prozac

Post by Pelecaras »

Lost to the Void wrote:Everyone talking about meds, no one talking about therapy, or counselling.
I find this worrying.
US style practices for dealing with mental health are infecting us.
again you're right buddy, but personally i have had every therapy under the sun and even paid for my own too but still the symptoms remain.
I agree that drugs are not the answer but in my case I see no alternative.
I have tried to come off them a few times but always end up a complete basket-case
I am however open to different treatments.
FUCK-WIT

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Sorry to hear that man, but I'm hardly surprised. All these kinda psychotropics make you not give a shit or feel anything. Which of course never deals with the issues that caused you to start using them in the first place.

Can you switch to something else or reduce in combination with other cognitive therapies, serotonin replacement etc. Even something like transcendental medication might help. For good or bad you not can go through life never feeling.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

intrusav wrote:
Hades wrote: I even made her cry after a few months...
She was faking it!
Yeah, it's fucked up that the only option appears to be meds. I was put on SSRI's at one point. Didn't take them. Just got angry instead, fuck that ..
I truly wish she were,
would have made the moment way less awkward and would have made me feel less bad afterwards

maybe she was faking that orgasm she talked about ?
(I wasn't there so I couldn't tell, not that most men can ever tell though, if the woman in question is a good actress) ;)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Everyone talking about meds, no one talking about therapy, or counselling.
I find this worrying.
In my opinion and my experience you can't go down the therapy route until you have regained some stability and normality - meds are an effective way of doing that.
You need to come out of the worst of *it* as therapy or counselling will initially make you feel fucking horrendous.
I agree to a certain point. But I don't think this is the case for everyone.
In my case, for example, this isn't really true.
I guess I'm just too "skilled" (if that's even a skill, because it's not exactly an advantage in this case) to deviate the attention when they try to reach a topic that I'm not exactly comfortable with or currently don't like to discuss. :|

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Pelecaras wrote:
I find this worrying.
again you're right buddy, but personally i have had every therapy under the sun and even paid for my own too but still the symptoms remain.
I agree that drugs are not the answer but in my case I see no alternative.
I have tried to come off them a few times but always end up a complete basket-case
I am however open to different treatments.

I mean, I'm not having a go, I have bipolar, and it has been crippling. I nearly ended my life in 2002 but for a comical twist of fate that saved my life.
So I get it.
And of course meds can provide a stable bedding to provide a situation where counselling or therapy are more easily approached..
But yeah, meds aren't the solution, they hide the problem.

I really think there should be an organisation like AA but for sufferers of depression. Just group chat\therapy as it really is an effective counselling model.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Also, pscilocybin has been medically proven to help massively with depression.
Any entheogenic experience really. It's basically just hardcore meditation, scrub your brain clean.

I used to do Salvia every 6 months to keep me on point, but I forgot last year and went wrong towards them last quarter.
New Shit

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:Also, pscilocybin has been medically proven to help massively with depression.
Any entheogenic experience really. It's basically just hardcore meditation, scrub your brain clean.

I used to do Salvia every 6 months to keep me on point, but I forgot last year and went wrong towards them last quarter.
Mirtazapine has, had a massive effect with psychedelics on me, they don't work. I get nothing at at. Pretty shit side effect :|

I think standard SSRI's should be ok with anything entheogenic as they work on different receptors *shrugs*

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Hades wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:
I find this worrying.
In my opinion and my experience you can't go down the therapy route until you have regained some stability and normality - meds are an effective way of doing that.
You need to come out of the worst of *it* as therapy or counselling will initially make you feel fucking horrendous.
I agree to a certain point. But I don't think this is the case for everyone.
In my case, for example, this isn't really true.
I guess I'm just too "skilled" (if that's even a skill, because it's not exactly an advantage in this case) to deviate the attention when they try to reach a topic that I'm not exactly comfortable with or currently don't like to discuss. :|
I don't think it is uncommon for people to skirt around issues. I apparently used to hide behind words. For the most part, from what I understand most people don't just get "right to it" and talk about whatever the issue or issues might be, going by what the last person I spoke to said.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Salvia will work, it's a very weird entheogen as it works with opioid kappa receptors, unlike any other entheogen, that all tend to work around serotonin receptors.
New Shit

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Ketamine helps with depression as well. Though I dont want to recommend anything as Im not schooled to do so.

Whatever you do, stay safe please. Though drugs can help you out in certain ways Ive experienced falling deep into the pit with them as well.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Alume wrote:Ketamine helps with depression as well. Though I dont want to recommend anything as Im not schooled to do so.

Whatever you do, stay safe please. Though drugs can help you out in certain ways Ive experienced falling deep into the pit with them as well.
Oh fuck no! That can't be right. That's one ugly bastard of a drug. Just leaves you in a total mess...

TheBinaryMind
pregnant

Post by TheBinaryMind »

Drugs taking your lives away.

youtu.be/YLr3dSekkIY

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Lost to the Void wrote:Also, pscilocybin has been medically proven to help massively with depression.

I've considered it in the past mate. I used to love mushrooms in my teens.
I just reckon I will always have 'issues' and that no amount of therapy will help.
i hope I'm wrong but I have had 20 odd years of therapy and am still just as fucked up, if not more so.

gonna have a read up about salvia.
sounds interesting.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

intrusav wrote:
Alume wrote:Ketamine helps with depression as well. Though I dont want to recommend anything as Im not schooled to do so.

Oh fuck no! That can't be right. That's one ugly bastard of a drug. Just leaves you in a total mess...
seen the effect on Ket on a few mates...thanks but no thanks.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

In relation to my original post..I've just spent time fucking around with instruments and effects and whatever catches my ear I will save for a more creative day.
so far it is helping me be more creative despite feeling numb on the Prozac.
just need to re calibrate to the 'new' Bex, The Bex that takes Prozac.
FUCK-WIT

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

intrusav wrote:

It is true. They are trialing ketamine now, and some places you can get ketamine therapy legally in a controlled situation.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I should hope it's a controlled situation.
I already told you guys that one time my mrs had a patient who had been taking ketamine and somehow thought it would be cool if he cut off one leg,
so he got a little saw and starting cutting his leg off.
If it wasn't for one of his friends (who was just as high) who suddenly thought there was something wrong with all the blood and called an ambulance,
he would have bled to death.
His leg was lost though. :?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Never blame the drugs for things like that. People that end up doing that kind of stupid shit will end up doing stupid shit.
In the same way you can't blame high power motorbikes for these idiots who zip around the motorway at 200mph and end up as street pizza under the wheels of a articulated lorry.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

well, kind of true
but some drugs are quite a bit safer than others...
I remember you telling a story of how a guy on K just walked out of the window, not realizing he was on the xth floor,
ended up being paralyzed for the rest of his life...

I can't imagine I'd ever be cutting off my own leg when on E.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah, we saw the worst of ketamine long before it hit clubland.
But the environment was different.
London illegal raves were places of utter freedom and you will never experience hedonism like it. So people doing 1\4 gram lines of K in one go was common, as common as people taking acid from droppers or dropping bombs of pure crystal mdma.
I have never seen such debauchery, but with that, at least in the beginning, there was self responsibility. Each group would generally have their sensible person\s who didn't go in to outer space, and people looked out for each other.
When that K head walked out of a window, this was already post my quitting of the collective, when the whole scene was well on its path to collapsing inwards in its post millennial mallaise (the millennium was a very strange turning point, a psychic collapse, like some post orgasmic apathy) and I was at here at a friend who ran another soundsystems multi rigger party.
That's not the most disturbing tale I have from that period either.
There was a gang who were giving girls unlimited K and then grabbing the girls off to dark rooms and raping them, and the girls weren't even aware of what was happening.
It was rumour at first.
Eventually we caught the fuckers.
What happened after that is something I can never fully disclose. But I still get disturbed by who I was and what I was capable of back then.
Thankfully as more of this type of shit happened I drifted away as the collective ceased to function cohesively and my life at the time was pretty fucking hectic, as I was also working as a bouncer and doing wheel clamping and personal security, and associating with criminals and shit... It all ended in a nervous breakdown for me, and an almost suicide.
Life was very dangerous back then. 2002 was not a good time.
New Shit