Can't produce on Prozac

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Can't produce on Prozac

Post by Lost to the Void »

Tai Chi is also a good meditative practice as an alternative to conventional meditation.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Yes! Personally i do a sort of mixture of the two in the mornings. Tbh i just a few silly excersizes that feel good to me.

Should take ik more serious and actually get into it some day. Though this not about me hehe.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Pelecaras wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Oh my God, I am totally the same but with Mirtazapine. I just am not arsed about anything. I have never not been arsed about making music. I don't like it at all :(

I don't know how to get round this. I am woefully apathetic about everything. I lost my IEM's at Dubai airport and I replaced them in the hope that it would encourage me to make something, I am just not bothered. I think I am more bothered about not being bothered. I can't explain :(
that's exactly how i feel mate, I am so down about not having the will to do anything, i feel like I'm in an emotionless void that if i don't get out of soon I will fall further and further.

here's to you and your fight my friend.
Was it better to feel the awful things than nothing at all? I don't know.
I am not sure, I feel like I don't know anything anymore. I mean, it doesn't hurt all the time, I can comprehend stuff without falling apart but I can't work out if it was better to be able to feel something, anything.

This is just confusing.

Big hugs your way Pelecaras x

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

StacieAnne wrote:
Pelecaras wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Oh my God, I am totally the same but with Mirtazapine. I just am not arsed about anything. I have never not been arsed about making music. I don't like it at all :(

I don't know how to get round this. I am woefully apathetic about everything. I lost my IEM's at Dubai airport and I replaced them in the hope that it would encourage me to make something, I am just not bothered. I think I am more bothered about not being bothered. I can't explain :(
that's exactly how i feel mate, I am so down about not having the will to do anything, i feel like I'm in an emotionless void that if i don't get out of soon I will fall further and further.

here's to you and your fight my friend.
Was it better to feel the awful things than nothing at all? I don't know.
I am not sure, I feel like I don't know anything anymore. I mean, it doesn't hurt all the time, I can comprehend stuff without falling apart but I can't work out if it was better to be able to feel something, anything.

This is just confusing.

Big hugs your way Pelecaras x
Cheers mate :-)

I am beginning to think it might be better to feel......even if the emotion felt is sadness, despair etc.
I hate this emptiness that I feel on the Prozac.
I have a doctors appointment next week..gonna speak to them about it.
As for making music, I reckon I just have to keep it all switched off until the urge returns. Hopefully it will.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Re: meditation, tai-chi etc.

I used to be a spiritual person, somewhere along the line I lost that.
not to sound too melodramatic but I have let life beat me down and i have become a wretch with no faith in anything or anyone.
I have a very short attention span so I'm not sure that meditation would even be possible?

But, there is a lovely lady I speak to on my dog walks who runs a tai-chi class
I might give it a shot.
Last edited by Pelecaras on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

jordanneke wrote:Mate, I dunno.

As much as I know depression is absolutely debilitating, which if not treated, may end up in a permanent solution, which sucks for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong (please).

I'm guessing that the issue isn't really about producing (I'm quick aren't I).

Isn't it better having muted feelings, rather than a permanent and all encompassing darkness?
I think it is better to have feelings dude...even negative ones. the emptiness is terrible.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

terly wrote:I am bipolar and heavily medicated (paliperidone) and I am in a blocked time right now but I think it's mainly to do with having a new computer set up without any music software on it yet. I'll get the old one back out soon to finish up some releases.

One of the great things about techno is that it doesn't require emotion, although of course it can elicit emotion. There was a time at a mainstream bar I was playing for some reason where someone said my music was "creepy" - then again, it was a sleeparchive track with a low pass filter on.
best wishes in your struggle buddy.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

vo0doo wrote:I'm also on mirtazapine (have been for a couple of years now) due to insomnia and depression. It does make you a bit numb/distant/absent minded, or whatever you want to call it but it was the only option I could find that works to live a normal(ish) life. And it beats the shit out of not being able to sleep even though you're tired, and then when you finally do fall asleep you wake up within 2 hours time still tired as shit while you're wide awake again.

And when you've gone without sleep for more than a week you mind will really start to fuck with you, I guess it could be fun if you weren't completely exhausted at the same time.

It still isn't a cure, tried lots of different meds but with this one at least it falls back to somewhat acceptable levels.
best wishes buddy
FUCK-WIT

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Pelecaras wrote:Re: meditation, tai-chi etc.

not to sound too melodramatic but I have let life beat me down and i have become a wretch with no faith in anything or anyone.
I have a very short attention span so I'm not sure that meditation would even be possible?

I might give it a shot.
Ask her to die her hair red ! ;)

I always envy all these people that seem to get anywhere with meditation.
It just doesn't work for me.
Only thing that calms me down is sports or beer.
I used to be a big weed smoker but that gradually stopped when I started getting back into music.
I was too lazy when I was stoned.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Pelecaras wrote: I am beginning to think it might be better to feel......even if the emotion felt is sadness, despair etc.
I hate this emptiness that I feel on the Prozac.
I have a doctors appointment next week..gonna speak to them about it.
As for making music, I reckon I just have to keep it all switched off until the urge returns. Hopefully it will.
I had a doctors appointment yesterday.
Much against my own preference, but to satisfy my mrs who was getting more and more concerned every day,
I restarted anti-depressants 2 months ago when I fell back into a big depression.
I have to admit that the ones I took 2 years ago were much worse side-effect wise than the ones I have now,
but yeah, the end result is that I have less mood swings, but of course : that hardly anything gets me excited any more. In general, I'm just a fraction of myself.
And the last few weeks, I couldn't be arsed to do anything : fuck sports, fuck making music, fuck reading,...
If it weren't for Netflix, I wouldn't have known how I got through my days. But yeah, even that gets boring in the end.
So yeah, I'm at the doctor's office, and he seems surprised that I am in this lazy, non-interested depressed state.
Honestly, my only thought was : well, it's clear you never took any of these pills now, is it ?
Yeah, life gets more smoothed out, but gone is your energy and motivation to start doing anything.

Only thing that gets me a little enthusiastic (and energetic) about anything is when I had a few beers,
and god knows the last thing I need is a reason to drink more beer.

I really can't wait to stop taking that shit.
I some times wonder how much of these things are designed just to keep us all happy, numb consumers who stop giving a shit about the world.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Pelecaras wrote:Re: meditation, tai-chi etc.

I might give it a shot.
Yeah man give it a go, with a short attention span it will be easier to focus on your body (&mind) in movement. I dont think it will be an issue. Though its possible to lose you way with only spirituality too. I find its best to balance it out, generally i dont go too deep when i dont need to, head in the clouds and feet on the floor.

Its not the only answer for anything and anypody, but its helpfull as yet another tool to use for certain mental/physical states.

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

Pelecaras wrote:
jordanneke wrote:Mate, I dunno.

As much as I know depression is absolutely debilitating, which if not treated, may end up in a permanent solution, which sucks for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong (please).

I'm guessing that the issue isn't really about producing (I'm quick aren't I).

Isn't it better having muted feelings, rather than a permanent and all encompassing darkness?
I think it is better to have feelings dude...even negative ones. the emptiness is terrible.
i agree. the feeling of emptiness on anti-depressants isn't good.

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Because of OCD/anxiety I'm on a SSRI for many years now.
Otherwise I would not be able to do anything.
But I don't feel empty or numb because of the SSRI.
I don't have any major sideeffects but it's not helping as much as I wish it would.
I run a lot. That is the best to calm me down besides music.

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

I've been on sertralne for a year. It's been really good for my depression and anxiety. Like people have said, you've got to weigh up the pros and cons. Maybe see if you can get your meds changed?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Everyone talking about meds, no one talking about therapy, or counselling.
I find this worrying.
US style practices for dealing with mental health are infecting us.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

I was depressive around 2-3 years ago and when checking in with a doctor he recommended counselling and no meds. I didnt wanna take any pills anyway so that was fine with me. The counselling was great. I got to speak to a person who had no knowledge or opinion on my life at all. really gives u a different perspective. Did that for about a year and it really helped!
Fuck the meds. They dont solve any problems. They just suppress them. I know for lots of people they are needed to function on a day to day basis but shouldnt there also be some kind of therapy going with it? The meds alone dont heal anything

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:Everyone talking about meds, no one talking about therapy, or counselling.
I find this worrying.
I agree with that.
But first therapist I saw had me slowly trying to believe I had a crush on her (such a cliché),
and was at some point talking to me about her latest orgasm (seriously !).
I even made her cry after a few months when I made it clear I thought therapy should be more than the stupid little talks we had.
And when I finally gave up on the whole thing,
she started crying like crazy when I walked out that door for the last time.
Should have done that months earlier.
Pretty embarrassing sight, tbh.

So I guess I must be that type of person that can make a therapist cry...
Or I just happened to fall onto one of the lousiest psychologists ever.
A good friend of mine is married to a psychologist and tells me it's a cliché : lots of them have tons of personal issues themselves. His wife is constantly complaining about colleagues of her. :)

Got a good male therapist now though. But that won't help for everything.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I've started skipping the meds like 30% of the time already.
Don't like the void and laziness that it brings.
Not telling the mrs though until I know it's been ok for a while.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Hades wrote: I even made her cry after a few months...
She was faking it!
Yeah, it's fucked up that the only option appears to be meds. I was put on SSRI's at one point. Didn't take them. Just got angry instead, fuck that ..

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:Everyone talking about meds, no one talking about therapy, or counselling.
I find this worrying.
In my opinion and my experience you can't go down the therapy route until you have regained some stability and normality - meds are an effective way of doing that.
You need to come out of the worst of *it* as therapy or counselling will initially make you feel fucking horrendous.