It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mantis Radio goes metal.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 am 
Opposite

Yo Subsekt. Figured some of you would be into your metal and what not. On our most recent Mantis Radio show we went grindcore and powerviolence with a guest mix from C Mantle. Plus there's a few metal influences from when DVNT was a teenager.

-> http://darkfloor.co.uk/mantis-radio-236-grindcore-metal

futuremusic FM

Post subject: Re: Mantis Radio goes metal.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:51 pm 
athlete

Cool. Will give this a listen when I am home

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:37 am 
athlete

wow that was bad. i'm a long-time listener of darkfloor radio and i love it but this episode was just embarrassing. The first half sounds like some 12-year old american kid gets angry cuz he cant skateboard. Its all skate-punk and no metal at all. We get all the usual suspects who hit the top40 like Slipknot, Deftones, Manson, Nirvana, ...
Oh and of course there was paranoid by Black Sabbath. Cant do metal without that song. Makes u legit :P
Then there is 5min of white noise and the guest DJ comes on. He plays some obscure metal tracks (at least its metal this time) but there is no connection. Its just strange tracks put in random order. Just boring. Sorry guys but this was a total fail

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 pm 
Serious

PixelKind wrote:
wow that was bad. i'm a long-time listener of darkfloor radio and i love it but this episode was just embarrassing. The first half sounds like some 12-year old american kid gets angry cuz he cant skateboard. Its all skate-punk and no metal at all. We get all the usual suspects who hit the top40 like Slipknot, Deftones, Manson, Nirvana, ...
Oh and of course there was paranoid by Black Sabbath. Cant do metal without that song. Makes u legit :P
Then there is 5min of white noise and the guest DJ comes on. He plays some obscure metal tracks (at least its metal this time) but there is no connection. Its just strange tracks put in random order. Just boring. Sorry guys but this was a total fail

skate what? skate-punk has nothing to do with this,neither punk has this is mostly heavy metal! which is of course one of the worst metal sub-genres

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:03 pm 
athlete

its the kind of music you hear in all the skating videos. i'm just pointing out that it has nothing to do with metal. did u listen to the podcast?