Charity event hosting help

General Chat // Music Discussion
Prophän
Back Bling
Charity event hosting help

Post by Prophän »

Hello everyone,

So we've had this idea with a group of friends of hosting a techno night in our city (casablanca) as a charity fundraiser for the somalian people, the situation there is critical and recently there was a call for help because the international help and the somalian government is having a hard time feeding everyone there, but anyways, since we're doing this as a non-lucrative activity we'd be obviously better with an artist who'd be willing to play for free, we already have some local underground djs who will take part to this, but when you're looking for an internationally renowned dj/producer (i'm talking about minor fame) it looks certainly impossible to me that someone will be willing to play for free especially when you consider the travelling and hotel fees, so I thought that we would better try our luck with a local moroccan dj even if there aren't any noticeable ones here, any ideas/thoughts on this guys ?

intrusav
Rolf Harris
Re: Charity event hosting help

Post by intrusav »

Sort out their flights and offer them the best place to stay that you can between you.
That's half the battle. If it's something they feel strongly about, they might just run with it.

in general, I don't think too many will jump in blind though. They need to know that they will be looked after, whether that's through connections that they can ask that have been through it or whatever. Probably better to organise to bring some in for a "normal" night, look after them and the ball starts rolling then. Put yourself in their shoes! ..

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

let them starve
FUCK-WIT

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

intrusav wrote:Sort out their flights and offer them the best place to stay that you can between you.
That's half the battle. If it's something they feel strongly about, they might just run with it.

in general, I don't think too many will jump in blind though. They need to know that they will be looked after, whether that's through connections that they can ask that have been through it or whatever. Probably better to organise to bring some in for a "normal" night, look after them and the ball starts rolling then. Put yourself in their shoes! ..
Thank's for the advices man I think we could sort out the flight and we could definitely rent an appartment or something not too fancy.

pelecaras, you're a funny guy aren't you

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Amon Derrich wrote:
pelecaras, you're a funny guy aren't you
I guess sarcasm IS the lowest form of humour.....my apologies
FUCK-WIT

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Pelecaras wrote:let them starve
Bit strong mate.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

intrusav wrote:Sort out their flights and offer them the best place to stay that you can between you.

This.

Present a solid plan of accommodation and be transparent, be quick to sort out possible flights and connections to those who show interest.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Críoch wrote:
Pelecaras wrote:let them starve
Bit strong mate.
You're right John, it was a a bit strong mate. I apologise for my unfunny Scrooge-like joke.
I blame my meds :roll:
FUCK-WIT

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hmmmm...Bit strong making a joke about people having to take meds to regulate themselves :o ;) :D :lol: :mrgreen: 8-)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

we did many of these fundraiserpartys, mostly for refugees here in switzerland. And we always did it with underground djs/acts and gave them 50 chf each. When you have a good location that is frequented well also on other nights, it should be no problem to get the place full. we always generated money, 1000 - 3000 chf profit easy. i guess you could do the same with more known acts, when you pay them the transport costs and organise some accomodation. i dont think you need a hotel, just let them stay at your house when you have space. iam not a known dj but i would come :D
anyway id just ask the artists, worst thing is that they say no. I think alot of people are sensible to this kind of topics and are willing to support them.

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

Críoch wrote:Hmmmm...Bit strong making a joke about people having to take meds to regulate themselves :o ;) :D :lol: :mrgreen: 8-)
:lol:
FUCK-WIT