SLAV IN AMERIKA

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lag
athlete
SLAV IN AMERIKA

Post by Lag »

I had my first US tour this year and the good people who had me over made sure I had a blast. It's been a few weeks since I came back so I decided to write a bit about it. I realized that travelling DJs have the luck to be in the business where you get to explore and experience different cultures on weekly basis so I thought to myself - why not share a bit of the excitement with the good people of the internet?

http://imgur.com/gallery/RWX5I

It's a long read but hopefully interesting enough for someone to go through. Hope you enjoy. :)
PS Special greetings to John from Subsekt whom I got to meet in Denver.
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

kertikristof
Wastedddd
Re: SLAV IN AMERIKA

Post by kertikristof »

Thank you for sharing this Lag, this was a really entertaining and cool writing. Glad you had great time!
https://intech.studio <- Modular MIDI controllers, MaxForLive devices, DIY Eurorack panels and intech life.
@ https://www.instagram.com/intechstudio/

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Good read, thanks for sharing that.
Btw. Because of the name of one of your tracks realesed on mord, I was pretty sure you're polish dude, but there are just same words used across our languages. :P

g3_d9
Unfriended

Post by g3_d9 »

Nice. Thankyou for taking the time to share your interesting experience.
"The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence" -
Jean Baudrillard.

Vox Veteran
Onions

Post by Vox Veteran »

Very cool pix and travelogue.

More of this, Lag!

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

P0607r0n wrote:Good read, thanks for sharing that.
Btw. Because of the name of one of your tracks realesed on mord, I was pretty sure you're polish dude, but there are just same words used across our languages. :P
It's a "divided by a common language" sorta thing, isn't it? I remember the first time someone drove me in Poland to the airport and the time was tight. The GPS kept saying "pravo" and the guy kept turning right. I was freaking out, but only later realized it doesn't mean "straight" like it does in Serbian. :)
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Opa! Pozdrav Srbine :)

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

zukenbauer wrote:Opa! Pozdrav Srbine :)
Nisam znao da nas ima ovde. :)

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Really enjoyed reading through that, well written, interesting and entertaining. I hope your music may bring you back to the States and to other far away places!

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

willemb wrote:Really enjoyed reading through that, well written, interesting and entertaining. I hope your music may bring you back to the States and to other far away places!
Thanks for the wishes man!

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

I was in New York Early February, first time ever, loved it, has a real buzz that is infectious.
definitely gonna go back sometime soon and check out some club nights as I spent most of my time there this year searching for Ghostbusters locations (GEEK!!!!)

anyhoo...great that you spent time writing about your experiences mate, enjoyed reading it.
FUCK-WIT

TheBinaryMind
pregnant

Post by TheBinaryMind »

Great entertaining read, thanks for sharing! Although I get what you mean about the musical taste and people being 21 when first going to clubs etc., I'm a bit more optimistic :) If you have some affection with electronic music in your youth, I think you're quite flexible in adopting different styles, even if you're older than 21. But you'll have to be confronted with those new styles of music.