Robert Hood track breakdown- keep it simple

General Chat // Music Discussion
winston
unsure
Robert Hood track breakdown- keep it simple

Post by winston »

breakdown of the arrangement of robert hoods never grow old
https://www.attackmagazine.com/techniqu ... -re-plant/

4 drum sounds, 3 melodic parts, 1 large vocal sample.
pretty simple track, but it was good when it came out.
now i think it is a bit repetitive/overplayed, but it's an interesting breakdown of the arrangement anyway.

some might find it pretty useful (i do) to learn new tricks and think about ways to add or reduce energy through a track.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Robert Hood track breakdown- keep it simple

Post by over9000 »

intresting thx!
although i think what that track really lives of is the vocal. Without it you would need more elements, to make it an interesting track
but anyway iam always puzzled how the good producers make the really "easy" arrangements work so good

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

over9000 wrote:intresting thx!
although i think what that track really lives of is the vocal. Without it you would need more elements, to make it an interesting track
but anyway iam always puzzled how the good producers make the really "easy" arrangements work so good
I don't think there's many more elements to some of his 90s stuff - and that's fucking classics!

disparate
I forgot.... So baked.

Post by disparate »

I love Robert Hood but taht's always done my head in.

But yeah, I've been breaking down a few tracks from Minimal Nation and generally the track count seems to be around that 5-8 mark. No background fx or fill sounds just a few 909 drums and synths - lots to be learned from that about getting your elements all sounding great and serving a purpose, surely.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

disparate wrote:I love Robert Hood but taht's always done my head in.

But yeah, I've been breaking down a few tracks from Minimal Nation and generally the track count seems to be around that 5-8 mark. No background fx or fill sounds just a few 909 drums and synths - lots to be learned from that about getting your elements all sounding great and serving a purpose, surely.
Minimal Nation is the best techno album ever. Impossible to replicate, the tracks sounds like they have grown from the vinyl itself. No tricks, no overproduction, no deliberate artfulness, no composition, just pure organic groove.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

interesting stuff...nice one!

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......