Subsekt connection.

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Subsekt connection.

Post by Lost to the Void »

So this is weird_ish.

I sold one of my Octatracks today (had 2, one to take out in the live rig, one for the studio which just wasn't getting used, frivolous you might say).
Guy came round to pick it up today, got chatting about what he was going to use it for, he asked about the samples I had included (bunch of stuff from my own library, field recordings included) and just before we parted asked me what name I produce as.
Told him, and then it turns out, he uses this very forum and knows me from here.
9 million population and the guy who buys my gear is a Subsekter (I didn't advertise the Octa here either).

Subsekters, they get bloody everywhere.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Subsekt connection.

Post by Críoch »

I'd a similar experience recently.. selling a bit of equipment in the car park of B&Q. The good chat we were having to that point got accelerated by a factor of 10 when he mentioned subsekt & then it was like we'd something real in common. Ireland is a small world anyway.

I usually say nothing about subsekt as it feels a bit odd.. unless they mention that they're into Techno. Then I might mumble something.. or not. Feel like I'm spamming :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Hang on hang on.
The real subject here...

Selling a bit of equipment in the car park of b&q....?

Were you...dressed as a lady again.. and ... You know....
New Shit

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Haha.. I was going to say 'selling some gear'.. but thought better of it :)

Can't win lol
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Haha great, one day we'll rule the world.

*Cunts everywhere meme*

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Yeah that was funny to realise literally on my way out that I'm buying octa of Voidloss. :0
As I mentioned, there's like 5 octatracks every week on sale in London, what are the odds, huh? ;)

Btw. Didn't sleep last night, was mangling with your field recordings, good stuff.
Got around with the basics of the octatrack, and really happy woth it, today I'll try to sample some kicks from my gf's LSDJ(8bit tracker for gameboy)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

P0607r0n wrote:Yeah that was funny to realise literally on my way out that I'm buying octa of Voidloss. :0
As I mentioned, there's like 5 octatracks every week on sale in London, what are the odds, huh? ;)

Btw. Didn't sleep last night, was mangling with your field recordings, good stuff.
Got around with the basics of the octatrack, and really happy woth it, today I'll try to sample some kicks from my gf's LSDJ(8bit tracker for gameboy)
Ah that's great mate. Post some stuff up in the forum some time so I can check it out.
Your even welcome to come to the studio some time to have a session.
New Shit

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Yeah I'll post some stuff soon.
To have a session at your studio would be much, much fun. :)

Ps. Second day into octatrack, connected it with my tempest and I see it was good call getting it... Now I need to prepare some macros, because I tend to run out of spare fingers/hands when I'm "about to drop it".