"If we have nukes, why can`t we use them?"
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Techno Production

Post by tsaro »

Lost to the Void wrote:I am hoping that someday Izotope will add a bit crusher, grain delay and extremely wide vintage chorus to their mastering package, because these things are sorely needed in mastering too.
Those are some great ideas. It would have to be multiband though. No use if it's not multiband.

Sad to see they apparently dropped the reverb module, it should be izotope telling the mastering engineers what they need, not the other way around.
how far do you want to go

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

vo0doo wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:I am hoping that someday Izotope will add a bit crusher, grain delay and extremely wide vintage chorus to their mastering package, because these things are sorely needed in mastering too.
Those are some great ideas. It would have to be multiband though. No use if it's not multiband.

Sad to see they apparently dropped the reverb module, it should be izotope telling the mastering engineers what they need, not the other way around.
Multiband is so 2008 man, it`s all about multidimensional now.
It`s not good just processing sounds in this reality, what about all other possible realities?
With new multidimensional compression you can apply compression to your music in every possible reality in the multiverse, including the ones where your music doesn`t even exist, or where you were never born.
New Shit

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Lost to the Void wrote:Multiband is so 2008 man, it`s all about multidimensional now.
It`s not good just processing sounds in this reality, what about all other possible realities?
With new multidimensional compression you can apply compression to your music in every possible reality in the multiverse, including the ones where your music doesn`t even exist, or where you were never born.
"MURPH, I'm in the tesseract, they've added a compression option"

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote:Can someone please explain the last 5 pages to me?
as usual, it's about unicorns Stace.
opinions differ on their existence and what use these rare animals might prove to have.

Some say they are extremely tasty when made into an excellent rainbow colored burger !
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I prefer mine with lots of special sauce !

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Thanks for explaining that Hades. Also, thank you for doing it in a non-mansplaining tone.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Squill wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Multiband is so 2008 man, it`s all about multidimensional now.
"MURPH, I'm in the tesseract, they've added a compression option"

"My god!!! Where did he go? He just vanished!!"
"It`s the new multiphasic, multidimensional intelligent limiter sir.... The lookahead...It`s so powerful it.....Sent him in to the future"
"My god man, you`re right, listen to that compression now, the peaks have gone, they have been stopped before they even existed, we must tell the others, this changes everything".
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote: Also, thank you for doing it in a non-mansplaining tone.
:shock: :shock:
I would never ever do that, my love !

not to our true unicorn in the building ! ;)

god, this topic made me tired, you know ?

I feel old.
I probably am old.

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Wow I have to go necro here.
I really enjoyed reading this thread on a friday morning. Have to say I thought soulstar606 was once in a lifetime, but this dude gets really close. Off to make a multiband flangeverb triple comp mastering rack!
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

There is a rumour that a multidimension compressor has been developed in an underwater bunker somewhere off the northeast coast of Iceland. A guy I know was asked to beta test it and he applied it to one of his tracks. He got hit with a bad case of compression the week before that and struggled to recover in time to apply the compression ..

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

intrusav wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am
There is a rumour that a multidimension compressor has been developed in an underwater bunker somewhere off the northeast coast of Iceland. A guy I know was asked to beta test it and he applied it to one of his tracks. He got hit with a bad case of compression the week before that and struggled to recover in time to apply the compression ..

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I could do with a multi-band compressor on many parts of my body right now though

lauren
Pig

Post by lauren »

intrusav wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am
babys got the bends

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Hades wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:26 am
I could do with a multi-band compressor on many parts of my body right now though
Now there's a good everyday use of MB!
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

And why is there a ladder on the brink of some underground departure platforms? I guess we shall climb down there.
Best way to learn, entertaining and still informative. Thanks for that, cunts. I always had this feeling, that all those midsidespecialmultiwhatevertools are not worth a peek until you haven't mastered all that basic stuff out there. It's like i won't try to do a handstand on my bike when I can't even go straight on properly.
:geek:

s7ntax
pregnant

Post by s7ntax »

I found this an interesting read, particularly the use of tube distortion when mastering.

http://roberthenke.com/interviews/mastering.html

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Root wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:19 pm
all those midsidespecialmultiwhatevertools are not worth a peek until you haven't mastered all that basic stuff out there. It's like i won't try to do a handstand on my bike when I can't even go straight on properly.
Maybe if your bike was made out of loose parts, and they were held together with duct tape :lol:

Though that might not be the best analogy, I actually once had a trash bike (I think it might have been run over with a truck and the smashed with a sledgehammer before I found it) and I just put it back together with duct tape, and it did hold out for a couple of months.

I think the point is that when you build a track from scratch you have total control, so you could do all the things these tools could possibly fix at the source, without fucking up anything else in the process. Drastic 2buss processing is always gonna be a band aid.
how far do you want to go

0dd

Post by 0dd »

s7ntax wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:32 am
I found this an interesting read, particularly the use of tube distortion when mastering.

http://roberthenke.com/interviews/mastering.html
Interesting indeed.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Been using a thermionic culture vulture for years in mastering now, very useful.
He's not saying stick a tube amp in to the mastering chain though.
New Shit